Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

On a theater trip what was the name of the wrong movie you thought was the same?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

On a theater trip what was the name of the wrong movie you thought was the same?

Old 04-07-03, 10:45 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got presented with a free movie ticket only there was no laughter. The marquee read Up In Smoke (I thought it was Cheech and Chongs), the old civic theater didn't have enough room for Tour and the tickets were wrongly printed; the movie I watched was "Up In Smoke Tour" with all 'rappers' that had four letter words in all of the songs.

Whats your goof up or wrongly printed movie title and the real movie title that you watched or were embarrassed at seeing? If you were dating what did your date or GF/BF say, when it was apparent this movie was *not* her/his style?
Old 04-07-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I bought a ticket to The Lord of the Rings, the ticket said "Lord of the Ring." We had no clue what we were gonna be seeing. I'm telling you, this had my friends and me confused for quite a while, but fortunately we got it all straightened out and got into the correct movie (whew!). Needless to say it was quite an interesting evening.
Old 04-07-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i cant help but think that this doesnt happen all that much...

-NiCK
Old 04-08-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I remember somebody saying their dad rented "The Bare Wench Project" thinking it was the "Blair Witch Project"
Old 04-08-03, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by costanza187
I remember somebody saying their dad rented "The Bare Wench Project" thinking it was the "Blair Witch Project"
Well, if it WAS an honest mistake ( yeah, right!) he came out ahead....
Old 04-08-03, 11:14 AM
Banned

Isn't Up In Smoke, the Cheech & Chong movie like 20 years old? Why would you expect to see that in the theatre? This has never happened to me because I always know what I'm getting into.
Old 04-08-03, 11:21 AM

My sister in law went to see "the ring" thinking it was a Lord of the Rings movie.
Old 04-08-03, 12:20 PM
Rest in Peace

lesterlong

This was older theatre with cheap prices, since I 'have' to be in a wheel chair. Modern cineplexes do make special place for the disabled, I was told by a disabled friend that this theater did have a place to park your wheelchair in the center of the theater. There are lot of theatres running old movies for a buck to 2 bucks to get in, this was supposed to be a *treat* for me since I was disabled in 1985.

I am sorry to have had to use my disability to answer your question, you see except for that movie all others have been at my disabled apartment in where others like me want to live alone, and do not want to move into assisted living and loose all our privacy.

We *sit* down to type on our keybords so my lack of good legs should not be a key to being a member of DVD talk forum. I have to live in a reality. Just like Christopher Reeves who played Superman in 1978(Chris fell off his horse jumping fences). It takes but a second, but have to live with it the rest of your life. You can be the other guy in it only 'happens' to the other guy!

Please do not answer me, just post if you want to on the subject, I put on for discussion in Movie Talk TIA
Old 04-08-03, 12:27 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I have no idea what the difference is between these movies:

What a Girl Wants
Whatever It Takes
She's All That
She's The One
Get Over It
Old 04-08-03, 01:41 PM
Banned

Re: lesterlong

Originally posted by danol
This was older theatre with cheap prices, since I 'have' to be in a wheel chair. Modern cineplexes do make special place for the disabled, I was told by a disabled friend that this theater did have a place to park your wheelchair in the center of the theater. There are lot of theatres running old movies for a buck to 2 bucks to get in, this was supposed to be a *treat* for me since I was disabled in 1985.

I am sorry to have had to use my disability to answer your question, you see except for that movie all others have been at my disabled apartment in where others like me want to live alone, and do not want to move into assisted living and loose all our privacy.

We *sit* down to type on our keybords so my lack of good legs should not be a key to being a member of DVD talk forum. I have to live in a reality. Just like Christopher Reeves who played Superman in 1978(Chris fell off his horse jumping fences). It takes but a second, but have to live with it the rest of your life. You can be the other guy in it only 'happens' to the other guy!

Please do not answer me, just post if you want to on the subject, I put on for discussion in Movie Talk TIA

I agree completely!
Old 04-08-03, 01:57 PM

I remember a friend took a picture of the marque of what was playing. Here is how it read.

Erin Brockovich
Screwed
My Dog Skip

Old 04-08-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
I have no idea what the difference is between these movies:

What a Girl Wants
Whatever It Takes
She's All That
She's The One
Get Over It
Don't forget that What a Girl Wants is a remake of The Princess Dairy.

Everytime The Man on the Moon and Man on the Moon plays on SinaMax I get confused.
Old 04-08-03, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by chowderhead
I thought it was a remake of Pretty Woman. Or maybe Cinderella.

I had a friend who was working at a video store when The Mask (starring Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz) came out. He said somebody tried to rent Mask (starring Cher and Eric Stoltz), thinking it was The Mask. As if the fact that the Jim Carrey movie had been in theaters about 10 seconds wasn't clue enough, didn't this nimrod look at the box he was holding?
Old 04-08-03, 06:51 PM
Rest in Peace

In the movie Taxi Driver he took a woman on a date to movie theatre, when the woman seen it was really a 'smoker'. She asked him why did you bring me here? He said I bring a lot of fares here all the time. I guess that was suposedly written into the script as the hack driver never looked at the marquee only at the amount of a tip he got.

My experience was a true story of a couple of mistakes, the marquee & ticket of not having Tour on either. If I had seen the word tour I would have known immediatley it wasn't the hilarius farce of smuggling marijuana. Spraying the stuff all over the truck. Decorating the grill with buds and Chongs characters weirdo chick. Live and learn that mistakes can be made.
Old 04-08-03, 08:33 PM

In the movie Taxi Driver he took a woman on a date to movie theatre, when the woman seen it was really a 'smoker'. She asked him why did you bring me here? He said I bring a lot of fares here all the time. I guess that was suposedly written into the script as the hack driver never looked at the marquee only at the amount of a tip he got.
uhm, not quite.
Old 04-08-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never was in the wrong movie, but I do know I am still confused by the title of this thread.
Old 04-08-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chowderhead
Is like The Lord of the G-Stings or something???

Edit: One I was kind of worried about was a mix-up between two of the films up for Best Animated Feature. They had Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron, and Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki. I was half expecting to hear "and the winner is: Spirit, by Hayao Miyazaki!" I just hope that people didn't see Spirit if Spirited Away had been recommended to them.

Last edited by littlefuzzy; 04-08-03 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-08-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A funny story about my friends mom...

My friend rented Rules of Engagement (the Samuel Jackson war movie) and we were watching it with his mom. Anyway, about half hour into the movie after the part where
Spoiler:
Samuel Jackson blows away all the Somalis
My friends mom says "Are you sure this movie is Terms of Endearment?"
Old 04-09-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My missus once rented Boiler Room (1992) instead of Boiler Room (2000). We were more than a little dissapointed.
Old 04-09-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
I once had Urban Cowboy confused with Midnight Cowboy, and to add to the confusion, someone released Drugstore Cowboy. It took me a while to get them all straight.
Old 04-09-03, 01:51 PM
Banned

Re: lesterlong

Ok, you could of just left it at 'There are lot of theatres running old movies for a buck to 2 bucks to get in, this was supposed to be a *treat* for me' but hey, sorry to hear about your handicapp.
Old 04-09-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also got Three Men and a Maybe confused with Three Men and a Baby, but don't tell anyone I said that.
Old 04-09-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
When Trading Spaces first started, every time I looked at my tv's program guide I thought it was Trading Places with Eddie Murphy.

Same thing happens evey time I see East of Eden listed; I think it's the POS Exit to Eden for a second.

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 04-09-03 at 08:51 PM.