Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Peter Gabriel, Secret World tour: problem DVD?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-03, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I have about 200 DVDs. All play fine in my Apex 1100 player. I just bought "Peter Gabriel, Secret World tour". Sound plays perfect (incredible soundtrack, I tell you), picture plays complete garbled: compression faults so badly that Peter is hardly recognizable.

Borrowed the DVD to a friend asking him if he could try it out. It works fine with him. I decided to exchange the DVD, and the new copy has the same problem.

Question then is: does anybody else have problems with this disc? All my other discs play just fine.

Thanks for your input (please avoid "Apex is crap" replies, as this will not help in any ways).

LolaRennt.

Edit: just as I post this message, I realize it is possibly in the wrong forum. Sorry moderater, but please feel free to move to DVD talk if this is the place where this question belongs.

Last edited by LolaRennt; 04-02-03 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-03-03, 11:02 AM
Banned

I read a review that said this disc was poorly compressed and full of digital aritfacts. Your player is probably having trouble with the piss poor authoring.
Old 04-03-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed... Every review that I have read concerning this title to date has pointed out that is is full of artifacting. I suspect that the amount of trouble you get from this disc will depend on your player, display, tolerance, etc... Bill Hunt has a review up over at The Bits today which details the artifacting problems, but then he goes on to say that it's really no big deal to him... ¿ > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...worldlive.html

Pisser, I was thinking of picking this up, but I'll probably skip it.
Old 04-03-03, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Johnny Zhivago
Agreed... Every review that I have read concerning this title to date has pointed out that is is full of artifacting. I suspect that the amount of trouble you get from this disc will depend on your player, display, tolerance, etc... Bill Hunt has a review up over at The Bits today which details the artifacting problems, but then he goes on to say that it's really no big deal to him... ¿ > http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...worldlive.html

Pisser, I was thinking of picking this up, but I'll probably skip it.
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the review. I seems that I have WAY more video problems than he describes though. I sometimes even just switch off the TV, as it distracts from the audio. However, I do think that the disc is worth the purchase for the audio alone. It is *really* that good.

LolaRennt