Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD movies with the World Trade Center/Twin Towers prominently featured

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

DVD movies with the World Trade Center/Twin Towers prominently featured

Old 03-29-03, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I've seen them on the cover (and I imagine they're in the movie a bit) of "The 10th Kingdom". Only seen the flick once long ago, so I can't recall how prominently they showed up in the movie.

I know I've seen them elsewhere, I'll post more as I spot them... they might have shown up in "The Siege", as I believe that took place in NY.
Old 03-30-03, 12:10 AM

3 days of the condor has outside and inside footage of the towers.
Old 03-30-03, 01:58 AM

Not exactly a movie, but the WTC was in the opening credits of the TV show The Critic.

Koyaanisqatsi has at least one shot of a huge bank of escalators, something like 8 or 12 of them, which I think was from inside one of the towers, subway access. I only visited the towers once, in 1985, and saw the movie not long afterward, so it was recognizable, though I may be wrong.
Old 03-30-03, 02:18 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by mikewendt
Personally I think taking them out of movies like Spider-Man is total bulls**t.
The Towers were not taken out of Spider-Man.
Old 03-30-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tifosi2k2
they are in the opening credits of Sex and The City...
aren't they burning in Armageddon? kinda eerie...
Yeah, that shot in Armageddon kinda freaks me out.
Old 03-30-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Grouchzo
It's been mentioned a number of times. Bruce Campbell even joked about it in the documentary Fanalysis...

"Sam would have been here if he wasn't so busy taking the World Trade Center out of Spider-Man..."
Old 03-31-03, 10:29 AM

http://www.amuseyourself.com/10048wo...ieproject.html
Old 03-31-03, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by Grouchzo
Not per se, but wasn't there a whole segment removed from the movie that involved the towers? Or was that scene created only for the first trailer?
Old 03-31-03, 05:52 PM

Working Girl.

I saw them in something else recently but can't remember. Might have been "The Devil's Advocate."
Old 04-25-03, 06:56 PM

Wall Street

Check out Oliver Stone's Wall Street. Every other exterior shot is the World Trade Center.
Old 04-25-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the one with the monkey. oh, someone already said that one.
Old 04-26-03, 03:32 AM

I think there's a famous Depeche Mode video clip of "Enjoy The Silence" (not the one made by Anton Corbijn) filmed on top of the WTC...
Old 04-26-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikewendt
It's been mentioned a number of times. Bruce Campbell even joked about it in the documentary Fanalysis...

"Sam would have been here if he wasn't so busy taking the World Trade Center out of Spider-Man..."
Just because he jokes about it doesn't mean that it was really happening.

I'm relatively sure that the TT were only in that original teaser trailer and the original poster.

Could be wrong--but I doubt it.
Old 04-26-03, 04:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
While on the more serious subject of September 11th there is this film which directly deals with the event in question:

11’09”01 – September 11

Various directors
France, 2002, 135 minutes, COLOR and B/W

French producer Alain Brigand asked 11 renowned directors to create a film lasting eleven minutes, nine seconds, and one frame—11’09”01—around the events of September 11 and their consequences. The resulting omnibus movie features harrowing, controversial new work from Youssef Chahine, Ken Loach, Claude Lelouch, Mira Nair, and Sean Penn. 11’09”01—September 11 is a sober, thought-provoking response to a tragedy of worldwide importance. The collective work imparts a deep sense of horror felt around the world from the terrorist destruction of the World Trade Towers and Pentagon and broader, global implications of such an act. Though it commands the viewer’s attention for most of its two-hour-plus running time, this is hardly an easy film.—Deborah Young, Variety

Production Companies: Galatee Films/StudioCanal. Producer: Alain Brigand. Screenplay: Samira Makhmalbaf, Claude Lelouch/Pierre Uytterhoeven, Youssef Chahine, Danis Tanovic, Idrissa Ouedraogo, Paul Laverty/Ken Loach/Vladimir Vega, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Amos Gitai/Marie-Jose Sanselme, Sabrina Dhawan, Sean Penn, Daisuke Tengan. Cinematography: Various. Editors: Various. Music: Various.

Filmfest DC screenings:
-Friday, May 2 9:00 PM Avalon Theatre
-Saturday, May 3 6:30 PM Avalon Theatre
Old 04-26-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh well. In 20 years someone will make a 'Pearl Harbor' movie out of it. Who cares?
Old 04-27-03, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Pants
They can be seen under construction in The French Connection
Really? That's very interesting. I didn't notice that when I watched the movie. Any other movie features the twin towers under construction?
Old 04-27-03, 10:23 AM

i think its wrong when they try to erase the wtc from these films,studios think we would agree with them,to share with their views,i don't.I believe these people died living their lives.It's like their trying to erase that they were there in the first place and this is wrong,the wtc and the victims should be remembered.
Old 04-27-03, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by jdslater
i think its wrong when they try to erase the wtc from these films,studios think we would agree with them,to share with their views,i don't.I believe these people died living their lives.It's like their trying to erase that they were there in the first place and this is wrong,the wtc and the victims should be remembered.
You know, this always comes up and someone makes a statement like this. But really, you make it sound like the WTC has been removed from a bunch of films, when I simply don't think that's true.

Everybody jumps on the Spider-Man one, but I always thought and had been told several times, that that scene was only in the teaser trailer and was not going to actually be in the movie. The only other huge controversy is Kevin Smith wanting to recreate the towers for his film. So my question is, where are all these films that are "erasing the wtc" from their films?

I remember hearing occasionally about filmmakers having to make a choice because the WTC showed up in a shot or two of their films and it seemed like they were going either way. But I definitely don't remember any cases of anybody "erasing" the WTC from a movie?
Old 04-27-03, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The limp bizkit video nookie was filmed on top and the band got some kind of memo from the towers dated 9/10/01