DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   My G/F has never seen Terminator!?!? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/280322-my-g-f-has-never-seen-terminator.html)

SpinDizzy 03-21-03 07:21 PM

My G/F has never seen Terminator!?!?

so i'm in the process of closing my CVX accounts, call my gilfriend to see if she wants any DVD's... of course she can't think of any. so i'm naming some "girlie" movies i think she might like (brownie points). anyways, so i got Notting Hill UE, and Nine Months in the cart... then we're chatting and i'm browsing back in the sci-fi 'cause she can't think of anything. i mention Terminator 'cause i don't have that one (was waiting for the 3-pak) and she ask's "What's that?"!!! i thought she was kidding, but no. i say "Arnold!" and she goes on to mention that she never saw those terminator movies. so you know i have to "school" her now and in goes T1 special edition to close another CVX account.

WiccanPagan 03-21-03 07:34 PM

the only relevance to clubs this has is you purchased it, but the bulk i'd say should go in talk. pretty sad sight, though. never seeing terminator :(

pkarmouche 03-22-03 12:59 PM

Never assume.

A friend of mine has never seen Titanic. However he does admit he is likely the one person in the western world who hasn't seen it.

Paul

Edit: Come to think of it, Terminator is probably worse because it's been run on TV 1001 times as well...

Aphex Twin 03-22-03 04:37 PM

I've never seen The Phantom Menace or Blair Witch or Spiderman or Gone With the Wind or Harry Potter or...

Marc G 03-22-03 04:40 PM

Well after seeing T2 in the theater, my girlfriend was so pumped up with adreneline...well... she's my wife now ;)

I've never seen Titanic. I'm not making any plans, though.

DVD Polizei 03-22-03 05:36 PM

I haven't seen Lord Of The G-Strings.

dkap 03-22-03 07:15 PM

A friend of mine has never seen Titanic. However he does admit he is likely the one person in the western world who hasn't seen it.
I'm proudly among that group, too. And considering how badly its popularity sunk (pun fully intended) post-theatrical run, it becomes easier and easier by the day to avoid it. :)

Dan

ScottyWH 03-22-03 10:28 PM

Originally posted by DVD Polizei

lol :)

IamLegend 03-23-03 01:45 PM

club

I think Lord of the G-Strings will be an enrollment selection
at Colubia House by April 1st.

witold 03-23-03 04:40 PM

I've never seen Titanic, Harry Poter, Lord of the Rings, Blair Witch, and a plethora of other "hits." From what I know about them, they just seem like shitty movies and I don't have any intention of seeing them.

DarthMaul420 03-23-03 05:12 PM

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
I 'saw' it at Best Buy. Would have bought it but was afraid of people staring at me!

NoirTech 03-23-03 05:12 PM

Re: My G/F has never seen Terminator!?!?

Originally posted by SpinDizzy
so i'm in the process of closing my CVX accounts, call my gilfriend to see if she wants any DVD's... of course she can't think of any. so i'm naming some "girlie" movies i think she might like (brownie points). anyways, so i got Notting Hill UE, and Nine Months in the cart... then we're chatting and i'm browsing back in the sci-fi 'cause she can't think of anything. i mention Terminator 'cause i don't have that one (was waiting for the 3-pak) and she ask's "What's that?"!!! i thought she was kidding, but no. i say "Arnold!" and she goes on to mention that she never saw those terminator movies. so you know i have to "school" her now and in goes T1 special edition to close another CVX account.
Dump her!

heh. kidding of course

jflynn 03-24-03 04:10 PM

Terminator was "okay" but there are better pieces of sci fi noir. I've yet to see anything come close to matching what Blade Runner did. Terminator was just wildly popular with a demographic of adolescent males for some reason.

Heck, I've never seen Citizen Kane or Casablanca.

Dmvee 03-26-03 10:52 AM

Originally posted by jflynn

Heck, I've never seen Citizen Kane or Casablanca.

Heck, neither have I!

DarthVong 03-26-03 11:31 AM

Originally posted by pkarmouche
Never assume.

Paul

Make that two people

cmsanto 03-26-03 11:53 AM

I wish I'd never seen Titanic, or Sweet Home Alabama, or countless other bad movies. :yack:

I've never seen Rambo and its various sequals and many other macho movies either.

BladeRunner is the best science fiction movie ever, imho, followed by 2001 and the first two alein movies. :thumbsup:

Terminator was a better movie than termainator 2.

The two Harry Potter movies are really quite good.
And so is the lord of the Rings.

Since that is off my chest, I can go back to work. :cool:

LiquidSky 03-26-03 11:54 AM

Good God! Break up with her immediately!

SideShow 03-26-03 11:56 AM

I've never seen the first Terminator all the way through, but I've seen the second maybe 50 times. I am so ashamed! Actually, no, I blame my boyfriend for not educating me. What a slacker!

Hokeyboy 03-26-03 12:33 PM

Shoot her in the leg.

Seriously, Terminator is a fun film, but just because someone hasn't seen it doesn't mean they've been living in a cave there entire life.

What about Jeff Schwartz?

Fok 03-26-03 12:59 PM

Originally posted by Dmvee
Heck, neither have I!
Hey neither have I as well. Haven't seen Gone with the wind either. I know some people who haven't seen E.T too.

NotEd 03-26-03 01:00 PM

My gf consciously chose not to watch The Terminator or T:2. She says she doesn't go for that kind of film. Then again she says she only likes "chick flicks" but still loves Armageddon because it meets two of her requirements:[list=1][*]There is a love story[*]Bruce Willis dies at the end. (She's not a fan.)[/list=1]

;)

NaturalMystic79 03-26-03 01:11 PM

Spindizzy~

You will love Terminator 1 : Special Edition. I got it from CH as well and it's one of the best DVDs I have. It has to have one of the coolest cover arts I've seen. The film itself is phenomenal, and the transfer and sound are well above average. I think you (and your gfriend) will enjoy watching the film together. The retro 80s feel and music are great. Oh yes, don't forget about all the great extras on the flipside of the disc. ;)

gutwrencher 03-26-03 01:22 PM

my wife needed proper "film conditioning" when we were married. she'd seen alot of crap films....so I took it upon myself to educate her gently. now she enjoys the films and directors that she may have missed out on like Kurosawa, Bergman and Lang. on the bad side, she has been forced to viddy not-so-nice works from Cronenberg, Argento and Deodato. it took me awhile...but now shes a huge fan of Mario Bava. now if I can just talk her out of buying those damn Left Behind type films. it cant all be success I guess-wink-.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies...illie_flag.gif http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles...amEnforcer.gif

greatjedi 03-26-03 01:42 PM

My wife hadn't seen Teminator 1 or 2 until I bought them lasst year. :eek:

digitalfreaknyc 03-26-03 01:45 PM

My ex is 27 and he had never seen ANY of the star wars movies...

I found him in a cave...

And should have left him there. ;)