Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

My G/F has never seen Terminator!?!?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

My G/F has never seen Terminator!?!?

Old 03-26-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before I met my wife, she hadn't seen ANY:

Lethal Weapons
Terminators
Die Hards
Aliens

Basically any of the GREAT action movies. Now she loves them more than chick-flicks.
Old 03-26-03, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sad to say it, but...

I've never seen Good Burger.
Old 03-26-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by btribble
I'm sad to say it, but...

I've never seen Good Burger.
Well on may 27th you will be able to.
Old 03-26-03, 08:19 PM
Banned

Hell, that's nothing, my soon to be 21-year old cousin hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies. None of them. She's a she, but still...
Old 03-27-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by pkarmouche
Never assume.

A friend of mine has never seen Titanic. However he does admit he is likely the one person in the western world who hasn't seen it.

I've never seen Titanic. I already know how it ends (I went to school and paid attention). Also don't like depressing movies.
Old 03-27-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Imhotep
Hell, that's nothing, my soon to be 21-year old cousin hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies. None of them. She's a she, but still...
She's a she? That's no excuse. I'm a she and as soon as I read the first post I thought, dump her! Ok, maybe it's fine that she hasn't seen Terminator, but to not have even heard of it!? I'd seriously reconsider a relationship where I had to describe what Terminator was.
Old 03-27-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never seen Terminator nor will I ever see any of them.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've never seen Titanic either and never will. Just because a movie is 'popular' don't assume everyone in the world saw it.
Old 03-27-03, 01:13 PM

Before going out with me my girlfriend had never seen any of the Star Wars films, either of the Terminators, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, any Kevin Smith movies, all of Fight Club, and countless other films. Its taken much hard work but over the last 18 months I have managed to give her a serious crash course in films and the history of them. Now she likes Lord of the Rings, she stood in line with me for about 7 hours to see the 12:01 showing of Attack of the Clones, shes become obsessed with Harry Potter, and she actually knows who the directors are of the movies I really like (ie. if I said, "ohh I can't wait to see Kill Bill" she would be like "oh, isn't that from the same guy that made Pulp Fiction and thoose other movies you like"). Now if i could only change the fact that two of her favorite movies are Titanic and Romy and Michelle.
Old 03-27-03, 02:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been my experience that the Terminator movies are in actuality GREAT CHICK FLICKS.

I've dated three of four different girls who hadn't seen them, but all of them LOVED these movies once they saw them. Same thing for female relatives and friends. Heck, my MOM loves the Terminator movies now. I think it's because the first film is basically a romance with sci-fi set dressing, and the second one has Sarah Conner as the empowered kick-ass female. I don't know, but girls love these movies.
Old 03-27-03, 04:14 PM
Banned

I've only seen parts of it on tv. So nope I've never seen it myself. I did make the mistake of litting Titanic play in the backgroud when I was using the computer once. I wacthed it on HBO. After that time I hated JC so much I never wanted to get any of his movies to help him make money ever again.

God that was one shitty movie. Also it's the reason I spell so bad and use bad grammar it was so bad it made me dumber for seeing it and I've yet to recover form it.
Old 04-05-03, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by SideShow
I've never seen the first Terminator all the way through, but I've seen the second maybe 50 times. I am so ashamed! Actually, no, I blame my boyfriend for not educating me. What a slacker!

Old 04-05-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never seen any of the Star Wars, Indiana Jones or LOTR films.

Doubt I ever will.

Rob
Old 04-05-03, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by NotEd
My gf consciously chose not to watch The Terminator or T:2. She says she doesn't go for that kind of film. Then again she says she only likes "chick flicks" but still loves Armageddon because it meets two of her requirements:[list=1][*]There is a love story[/list=1]

I'd consider T1 to be a love story.
Old 04-06-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife has not seen many of the classics including:
Terminator
T2
Schindler's List
Casablanca
The Indiana Jones Trilogy
The Exorcist
Ed Wood
Platoon
Old 04-07-03, 01:28 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dare any American male, 18 or older, to tell me that they haven't seen Pulp Fiction. To me, that's bigger than saying you haven't seen all the films already mentioned in this thread.

I haven't seen Indiana Jones or the Aliens films...
Old 04-07-03, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm 33, and I've never seen Pulp Fiction.

Rob
Old 04-07-03, 01:44 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

RobCA, Wow... Any particular reason why?
Old 04-07-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not really, other than that it just never looked all that interesting to me.

Rob
Old 04-07-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by IIG
I dare any American male, 18 or older, to tell me that they haven't seen Pulp Fiction...
Come on, you can't be serious. Different people like different things. I wouldn't see a Quentin Tarantino movie if you paid me $100. I had a trusted friend who had the misfortune to see Reservoir Dogs who warned me off, not that the descriptions in reviews hadn't already done that. Why? I don't like the celebration of violence and wonder whether such things desensitize society. I go to movies to be entertained and I don't find graphic violence entertaining in the slightest. Simple as that.

Pulp Fiction may be a masterpiece to you but to assume that *everyone* must have seen it is silly. I am sure that there are a lot of movies that I (and others) like that you couldn't be bothered with. I am neither surprised nor offended by it. That's life.
Old 04-07-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My wife has never seen T1 or T2..... hehe.
Old 04-07-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember back when I was kid, the local theater would show some great double features. One of them my friends and I snuck into was double feature showing of 'The Terminator' and 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.

Back on topic, some "high profile" movies I have never scene:

Se7en
The Fifth Element
American Beauty
Hannibal
Old 04-07-03, 07:28 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lizard
Come on, you can't be serious. Different people like different things. I wouldn't see a Quentin Tarantino movie if you paid me $100. I had a trusted friend who had the misfortune to see Reservoir Dogs who warned me off, not that the descriptions in reviews hadn't already done that. Why? I don't like the celebration of violence and wonder whether such things desensitize society. I go to movies to be entertained and I don't find graphic violence entertaining in the slightest. Simple as that.

Pulp Fiction may be a masterpiece to you but to assume that *everyone* must have seen it is silly. I am sure that there are a lot of movies that I (and others) like that you couldn't be bothered with. I am neither surprised nor offended by it. That's life.
I don't see why it's at all strange that I'm surprised that there are people out there that haven't seen Pulp Fiction... it's one of the most influential and highly regarded films in all of history. The fact that you aren't a fan of the genre or some elements of the content is a decent reason not to see it, but avoiding all movies just because Quentin Tarantino did it, is your own loss (especially if you've never seen a Tarantino film, and are basing your opinion on hearsay). The great writing, performances, and sheer creativity that is Pulp Fiction may be just enough for you to enjoy the film, whether you agree with or like the violence or not. Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece period, and is an American movie classic right along with such greats as Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, and The Godfather (which you may have also avoided because of the violence in it). But whatever floats your boat... I'm still surprised though.
Old 04-07-03, 08:37 PM
LG1

QT films

Franly I agree - I dislike most Tarantino films including Resevoir Dogs and Pulp fiction. I like action films just not these, somehow he makes them uninteresting. His films are more like watching a play than a movie and I don't enjoy plays. I'm going to also mention that I though Fargo was painful to watch. Not seeing a film isn't necessarily a loss. There are many films regarded as classics which I can state without having seen them that I would not enjoy. That doesn't diminish the films, many people would enjoy the film. I just can't force my taste in films on others and should not try.

Some people like Coke, some like Diet Coke and some like 7Up. I only like one of these but it doesn't mean the other people are wrong for not liking it.
Old 04-08-03, 04:06 AM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

LG1, I'm assuming that your post was in direct response to mine, but I think you must have misread my comments. First, you dislike Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction? Fine. I hate Dr. Strangelove. It doesn't make any difference to me whether you like Tarantino's films at all, but unlike lizard, at least you have seen them and have judged for yourself. If you hadn't seen them, that would be fine too, as long as your decision not to see them wasn't solely based on reviews and others opinions. But I would never try to convince a person to like anything... Also, I never said that not seeing a movie (PF or any other movie) is a loss. I said avoiding all movies by a director (widely respected at that) whose work you have never seen, just based on hearsay is your loss. You lose the option of choice when you forfeit your own decisions and opinions to go by others decisions and opinions.

Second, I will be as bold as to state that YOU or anyone else cannot say wholeheartedly that they do not enjoy something that they haven't seen. No matter what you may have heard or read about that particular film, and despite the genre or content, pleasant surprises can and do occur. Case in point, and this may upset some people, but I think it is a very strong case so I will say it: I have never been much of a fan of gay people. Not that I necessarily hate all gays, but I very much so disagree with the lifestyle, and hate having it appear in almost all movies and TV shows as of recent. One day, however, I caught an episode of Six Feet Under, and the writing and performances on the show simply blew me away. Sure there was an openly gay couple that shared intimate encounters in several episodes, but I was able to look past that and see the show for its brilliance (and I actually like the gay couple on the show). If I just read about the show, or heard about it from friends, I think I might have just labeled it as a show to avoid, just because some of the content was not to my personal liking. I also might have missed out on gems like Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, Chicken Run, and Shrek if I had only read or heard about them or just because I don't like there genres. You simply can't do that...

I ramble on and on about things, probably at the expense of clarity, but I do hope you guys get my point. Reviews and opinions are just that... opinions. What's said may not necessarily be so. Please make your own opinions on something before criticizing it.
Old 04-08-03, 06:06 AM

Originally posted by nightwing82
I've never seen Terminator nor will I ever see any of them.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ditto. (without the maniacal cackling!)

My girlfriend hasn't seen any of the Star Wars films either.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.