Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Serpico vs. Scarface

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Serpico vs. Scarface

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serpico vs. Scarface

Okay I'm just a recent Al Pacino fan. I've seen some of his newer movies, and of the older ones I'd have to say "Scarface" is one of my favorite. I haven't seen Serpico yet, however, and was wondering how it compares to Scarface. I tried searching my local video/movie stores but with no luck. Looking at the storyline from reviews on the net it appears to be fantastic Pacino film. Anyone have any comments or opinions about Serpico?
Old 03-08-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll just say that Serpico is my fav Pacino film. I've always loved films about police corruption. Cruising is another fav but it's still not yet on dvd. cant wait for the new dvd of Scarface!!!!
Old 03-08-03, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serpico DVD

I found a Blockbuster in my area that has Serpico on DVD! I'm most definately going to pick it up tonight after work. If you say its better than Scarface than it must be incredible! Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-08-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Serpico DVD

Originally posted by NaturalMystic79
I found a Blockbuster in my area that has Serpico on DVD! I'm most definately going to pick it up tonight after work. If you say its better than Scarface than it must be incredible! Thanks for the tip.
whoa there....ez. it depends what you are into. lots of good violence, drugs and bloodshed? Scarface wins. a good drama about police corruption...I go with Serp. actually...my fav stuff from Al is Glengarry Glen Ross. but yeah....rent it tonight anyway. it's a good film and a decent dvd!
Old 03-08-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Both are crime dramas, but have Al Pacino on opposite sides of the law.

dog day afternoon.

try it.
Old 03-08-03, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I find Scarface a pretty ridiculous film. Dog Day Afternoon and Serpico are a lot better, IMO.
Old 03-08-03, 05:44 PM
Banned

Both are great crime films in my opinion. Some of the best. I'm going to have to go with Scarface on this one. Serpico is an excellent film in my opinion and you should definitely check it out.