Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From UpcomingMovies.com...

(3/4/03) Although Rob Schneider says it really isn't, one could easily think that the subtitle of 'Electric Gigolo' is an homage to one of the greatest and most-referenced sequel titles ever: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. The reference is helped by the fact that 'Bigalow' and 'Boogaloo' are such similar words. The title also rhymes, which probably explains why it's not 'Deuce Bigalow 2', as the '2' would throw off the rhyme. Overall, it's much better than 'Male Gigolo', which was redundant (gigolos by definition *are* male).

They're not signed on yet, but there's a fairly strong possibility that at least three other cast members besides Rob Schneider will be returning: Eddie Griffin as Deuce's man-madam, T.J. Hicks; Oded Fehr, as Deuce's peer in he-whoredom, Antoine Laconte; and (fellow SNL cast member) Amy Poehler as Ruth, Deuce's client who struggles with a filthy mouth caused by Tourette's syndrome. Rob Schneider told MTV.com producer Adam Sandler will most likely *not* be taking a role as one of the gigolos, but it's possible he will still have some sort of cameo (maybe the "You can do it!" guy?). Someone who is unlikely to return is Los Angeles radio DJ Big Boy, who played the uber-obese Naomi in the first movie. Why? Big Boy is in the middle of a massive weight loss program, and has already lost 100 pounds, which is likely to disqualify him from returning as Naomi (source: MTV.com, again).

Based Upon: (3/4/03) This is the sequel to the 1999 surprise comedy hit, Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, which made back its $18 million budget in its first 10 days of U.S. release, totalling out at $65.5 million in the U.S. The film has been a bigger hit on video, and also pulled the rare trick (for comedies) of being a hit in many overseas nations as well. The basic premise of a "British school for gigolos" is also an ackwowledged reference to the Harry Potter series, so it's possible there will be some elements that spoof Hogwart's, the various Houses, etc.

Premise: This movie continues the wondrous adventures of Deuce Bigalow (Schneider), whose gift to the world is the amazing ability to please women (AKA "Janes") in his role as a he-whore, a gigolo. Deuce is still relatively green to the profession, however, and so he is sent off to a school for gigolos in England where he can be trained to develop his full potential as a man whore. Once there, however, he discovers that 1) there is a secret society of he-whores that he didn't know about, 2) his rank in that society is very low and 3) someone is killing off many of the higher class gigolo cadets...
Sheesh, is originality running so low that THIS gets a sequel?

I wish Rob Schneider would try his hand at some intelligent comedy. Deuce Bigalow was funny, but he seems to do NOTHING but inane physical comedies. His cameos in Adam Sandler's films are always a hoot and his SNL work was more interesting than this stuff, in my opinion.
Old 03-04-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i think the first one is hilarious, but don't really think this needs a sequel at all. What else can you do with this character?
Old 03-04-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, the first one was one of my favorite comedies ever... although i hope a sequel doesn't ruin the character =\

Oh, and any of the women returning except for Deuce's girlfriend would be kind of dumb =(

Last edited by fumanstan; 03-04-03 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-04-03, 11:17 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope they don't do it, the original was a classic and I'd hate to see it ruined. But they probably will make this movie, I just hope it does well.

His last few movies were quite disapointing
Old 03-05-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
can't wait! one of the best comedies in the past 10 years.
Old 03-05-03, 01:44 AM

Goddamnit white boy!
Old 03-05-03, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I liked the orginal, it was funny.

My girlfriend would say the same....and hope for another Oded Fehr behind scene.
Old 03-05-03, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by fumanstan
Oh, and any of the women returning except for Deuce's girlfriend would be kind of dumb =(
Sorry, but if they don't bring back fish store girl - I'm not gonna go see it. *puts foot down*
Old 03-05-03, 05:59 AM
Banned

Here we go again.
Old 03-05-03, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first one is hilarious...but a sequel is definitely not needed here.

I thought Rob's next movie was gonna be 'The Stapler'
Old 03-05-03, 08:53 AM

I can't fathom that people found this movie funny, I thought it was one of the worst comedies ever! However I am happy someone liked it, because ebay gave me a return policy for a buck more
Old 03-05-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The first one was okay.. a good rental or watch on Comeday Central.. but by God, I'll go watch the sequel for the title alone.

"So much for Dante and Caitlin 2: Electric Boogaloo!"
Old 03-05-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Zodo
The first one is hilarious...but a sequel is definitely not needed here.

That starts filming next summer after Rob finishes A Carrot.
Old 03-05-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Zodo
Was that supposed to be released BEFORE or AFTER "Rob Schneider is KENNY!".

Mmmmmm... posessed pot roast
Old 03-05-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
Although Rob Schneider says it really isn't, one could easily think that the subtitle of 'Electric Gigolo' is an homage to one of the greatest and most-referenced sequel titles ever: Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Please. How could it be anything but?

Derp derp a derp de derp derp.
Old 03-05-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Man, "The Electric Gigolo" is the name of one of Troy McClure's movies on the Simpsons. The title could be funny, if someone hadn't used the joke first.

"I want to see the Deuce Bigalow I remember from such films as "The Make-Out King of Montana" and "The Electric Gigolo."
Old 03-05-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd pay to see it!
Old 03-05-03, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by siberianhusky
I can't fathom that people found this movie funny, I thought it was one of the worst comedies ever! However I am happy someone liked it, because ebay gave me a return policy for a buck more
I know I am in the minority here, but I always thought this was the worst comedy ever. Glad to see at least one other person agrees with me!
Old 03-05-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ugh... I'd rather watch a "Titanic" sequel...
Old 03-05-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Sorry, but if they don't bring back fish store girl - I'm not gonna go see it. *puts foot down*
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 03-06-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Hmm, how could i forget about her... that's a running joke i'd like to see continue
Old 03-06-03, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A movie about a man-whore who goes to school...is someone secretly filming me?