DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Star Wars vs Indiana Jones (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/275467-star-wars-vs-indiana-jones.html)

cleaver 03-03-03 01:50 AM

Star Wars vs Indiana Jones

What's the better trilogy: Indiana Jones or Star Wars (Ep 4 - 6)? This counts all 3 movies, and try not to penalize for Phantom Menace.
I'm going with Indiana Jones because despite the medicroity of Temple of Doom (the first PG13 movie, by the way), I think they stand up better over time.

edytwinky 03-03-03 01:55 AM

Mark me down for Indiana Jones

Jackskeleton 03-03-03 02:16 AM

Ok, so in the history of the forum we have had Star wars vs LOTR, Star wars vs Star Trek, Buffy vs Star trek..

But I don't ever remember a Indie vs. Star Wars.

they are two different films.... Way different.

I disliked Temple of doom. I really can't stand to watch most of the middle part, but then again, I can't stand to watch the middle of ROTJ :p

I don't know.. how about a choice of "They are both great trilogies and different on every level"

zero 03-03-03 02:49 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Ok, so in the history of the forum we have had Star wars vs LOTR, Star wars vs Star Trek, Buffy vs Star trek..

But I don't ever remember a Indie vs. Star Wars.

they are two different films.... Way different.

I disliked Temple of doom. I really can't stand to watch most of the middle part, but then again, I can't stand to watch the middle of ROTJ :p

I don't know.. how about a choice of "They are both great trilogies and different on every level"

Jack you should know by now that when it comes to movies no one can have both. :p

Amadeus 03-03-03 07:22 AM

Star Wars

matome 03-03-03 08:06 AM

No contest for me...<i>Indian Jones</i>

Get Me Coffee 03-03-03 09:01 AM

50/50

ianholm 03-03-03 09:12 AM

Indy

greatjedi 03-03-03 10:00 AM

It's a close one, but Star Wars by a hair.

Simpson Purist 03-03-03 10:01 AM

JONES!!!

resinrats 03-03-03 10:53 AM

I saw Star Wars. since it is a continuing story. The Indy movies ddin't really have any ties to each other. If you first watched Last Crusade, you'd be didn't need to watch the others first. (Although the Lost Ark comment wouldn't be as funny)

ChemDoc 03-03-03 10:58 AM

Indiana Jones. I really like the throwback to the B-movie serials, and the adventure aspect has more (IMO) "legs" than the sci-fi of Star Wars.

Just my $0.02

-doc

Pants 03-03-03 12:13 PM

I love them both but Star Wars wins, mostly because Temple of Doom is sooo bad.

Star Wars-A+
Empire-A+
Jedi-C

Raiders-A+
Temple-D-
Crusade-B (I love it but it loses points for being almost exacltly like Raiders)

Dr. DVD 03-03-03 01:29 PM

While I voted for SW, why all of the animosity toward TOD? I thought it was a thrilling ride for the most part. A little dark, but thrilling!

matome 03-03-03 02:45 PM

I love TOD just for the memories of the cool-ass arcade game of it I used to play in the local pizzeria during lunchtime at school! Never could get across that damn rope bridge! SOON KALI MA WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

Rypro 525 03-03-03 02:48 PM

Re: Star Wars vs Indiana Jones

Originally posted by cleaver
Temple of Doom (the first PG13 movie, by the way), I think they stand up better over time.
It was the movie that Inspired the PG13 but it was not put out as a pg13, it is still rated pg.
50/50 for me.

the narrator 03-03-03 03:03 PM

i haven't seen either of these for quite a long time. I remember liking star wars a lot more though so i voted for it

Charlie Goose 03-03-03 03:35 PM

Originally posted by matome
I love TOD just for the memories of the cool-ass arcade game of it I used to play in the local pizzeria during lunchtime at school! Never could get across that damn rope bridge! SOON KALI MA WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!
You and I must've gone to the same pizzeria! I loved that game, and I too could never get across that freakin bridge. Those flaming hearts were just too fast.

BTW, I vote for Dr. Jones.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

LBPound 03-03-03 05:29 PM

It's hip to bash Star Wars, I know. But I like the original SW trilogy much, much more than the Indy trilogy.

Iron_Giant 03-03-03 05:36 PM

The both are great, but I give the edge to SW.

The Antipodean 03-03-03 06:22 PM

Can't believe Indiana Jones is beating this out. Has the Lucas-bashing gotten out of hand or what? I love "Raiders," but the second two Indies are just pale echoes of the first one. "Star Wars" created a fully rounded universe that was the ride of my life when I was 10 years old, no matter how imperfect the second trilogy has been so far.

B.A. 03-03-03 06:35 PM

"You call him Dr. Jones, doll!"

fumanstan 03-03-03 07:16 PM

I vote for Indiana. The movies are just more entertaining to me. Star Wars is good, but the new trilogy has soured my tastes and the legion of fans kind of disgusts me.

wb3032 03-03-03 10:25 PM

I like Indiana more because I really can't get into the Star Wars movies.

wm lopez 03-04-03 12:37 AM

I couldn't stand Sean Connery's performance as Indy's dad.