DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Another remake that's not needed - Can't Buy Me Love (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/274965-another-remake-thats-not-needed-cant-buy-me-love.html)

LostHiWay 02-28-03 01:39 PM

Another remake that's not needed - Can't Buy Me Love
 
Why do they need to remake an already great movie? It's not even that old.

Can't Buy Me Love remake

Charlie Goose 02-28-03 02:00 PM

Re: Another remake that's not needed - Can't Buy Me Love
 

Originally posted by LostHiWay
Why do they need to remake an already great movie? It's not even that old.

Can't Buy Me Love remake

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/scrooged.jpg

One of my favorite movies, there is NO need to remake it.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg [size=1]Honk![/size[/i]

LBPound 02-28-03 02:16 PM

Not only is it a remake...it's a black remake...and with Kenan Thompson!

Hurray!

The Nature Boy 02-28-03 02:16 PM

You will never top Dempsey and Peterson's chemistry. Honestly. I never thought I"d write that sentence, but it's true. You simply won't improve upon that film.

LBPound 02-28-03 02:21 PM

Re: Re: Another remake that's not needed - Can't Buy Me Love
 

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/scrooged.jpg
:up: Awesome! I'm going to have to use this in the future! :D

The sucky thing is it's not even Disney doing the remake, so we won't see a widescreen DVD re-release of the original, as if that were a possibility.

the narrator 02-28-03 02:55 PM

This is the dumbest thing I've heard today(even worse than the live action Garfield)


this movie doesn't need to be remade, and is a total waste

cooper2000 02-28-03 07:00 PM

You know you're getting old when Hollywood starts remaking movies from less than 20 years before.
Cant Buy Me Love is a fun movie. Why do they have to remake it?

DRG 02-28-03 07:47 PM

I fear we're not too far off from the day where all Hollywood will make is remakes... proven commodities, right? They'll just remake the same movies in five year cycles, because 5 years is about where the music and fashion styles will make the movie 'dated'. We'll just have the same 100 movie ideas over and over again, with a few small twists and fresher casts. Sort of like auto manufacturers releasing a new model of a car.

Charlie Goose 02-28-03 08:33 PM


Originally posted by the narrator
even worse than the live action Garfield

Back up a second there, cowboy. Live action Garfield?!? Yer joshing.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

garmonbozia 02-28-03 08:42 PM


Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Back up a second there, cowboy. Live action Garfield?!? Yer joshing.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=274907

Trigger 03-01-03 06:00 AM

Nothing wrong with updating a classic premise. It's not like CBML was original at all. You guys aren't interested in a remake because you aren't teenagers anymore... this movie probably isn't being made for you, it's being made for teenagers. Just like CBML was almost 20 years ago. Kids today laugh at the 'styles' and fashions and such from that 80's flick, and that movie hinges on him becoming 'cool' which he wasn't by today's standards.

The Garfield movie is for kids probably, so I don't see why you guys wanna grouse about it either... if they made a telletubbies movie would you grouse about that too? Elmo?

JimRochester 03-01-03 10:35 AM

Crap I'm getting old. I was already married when the first one came out.

drexel 03-01-03 03:40 PM

Can't buy me love only one thing sticks out. The line Have you evr seen a ti*ty quite this pretty? I seem to recall some much needed nudity on this pg-13 flick:?????????????????)

LBPound 03-01-03 05:44 PM


Originally posted by drexel
Can't buy me love only one thing sticks out. The line Have you evr seen a ti*ty quite this pretty? I seem to recall some much needed nudity on this pg-13 flick:?????????????????)
That might have elevated it from charming 80s film to CLASSIC 80s comedy. :)

But I suppose there are other 80s films which offer skin...

zero 03-02-03 02:40 AM


Originally posted by Trigger
Nothing wrong with updating a classic premise. It's not like CBML was original at all. You guys aren't interested in a remake because you aren't teenagers anymore... this movie probably isn't being made for you, it's being made for teenagers. Just like CBML was almost 20 years ago. Kids today laugh at the 'styles' and fashions and such from that 80's flick, and that movie hinges on him becoming 'cool' which he wasn't by today's standards.

The Garfield movie is for kids probably, so I don't see why you guys wanna grouse about it either... if they made a telletubbies movie would you grouse about that too? Elmo?

Well old and wise one heres the thing, there is nothing wrong with updating a clssic premise, but when its a DIRECT UPDATE of a not so old movie then its not needed. Seeing as how todays "young people" er excuse me teens think anything before 1999 is classic its just a studio trying to make $$$$$$$$$. Sure theres nothing wrong with that, but at the same time you slap a new title on the same film with a new cast you cant exactly ask everyone to like it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.