DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Transporter --- Jason Statham (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/274075-transporter-jason-statham.html)

ylomnstr 02-25-03 09:36 AM

The Transporter --- Jason Statham

I'm so excited about this movie coming out on DVD. I don't know what it was, but I guess the fact that the movie started out with a sweet car chase just kept me intrigued for the rest of the movie. Great action sequences. A must buy on my list.

the action 02-25-03 12:59 PM

Great action, bad everything else. You gotta roll your eyes to fighting in oil scene. Statham is actually good in the title role, a big improvement over his "the one" performance. But the movie is flat between the outlandish action scenes. They might as well have called this movie The Big Hit 2: The Transporter. 5 out of 10.

-the action

sfsdfd 02-25-03 01:03 PM

Moving to Movie Talk Forum.

- David Stein

C.H.U.D. 02-25-03 01:20 PM

Thread: Anyone else enjoy The Transporter?

No.

Robert 02-25-03 01:51 PM

The think I hated most is the fact that they added laser beams to the bullet hits so it almost looks like they're firing laser guns.

:down:

Excelesor 02-25-03 02:47 PM

at least in the theaters that decided to delete the scene when they had jason stratham deflect a rocket launcher rocket with a damn metal plate which they showed in the preview trailer. I thought the car chase was good, everything else wasn't that great. If your familar with bmwfilms, or have seen them. the car chase is exactly what it is.

divemaster 02-25-03 02:49 PM

It was a bad movie.

Sometimes I really like bad movies, though. This is a good example. It was fun! (I allow myself a few guilty pleasures.)

Ghostface180 02-25-03 04:12 PM

I agree with everyone else here. It was in no way a good movie, it was just a lot of fun. Pretty much a 90 minute BMWfilm. I think I'll just pick this one up previewed at Blockbuster during one of their sales.

fumanstan 02-25-03 07:26 PM

I'm planning on buying this when its released, as i love action movies like this (i actually enjoyed The One quite a bit)

gmal2003 02-26-03 09:35 AM

Wasn't the best overall movie, but its action and great music makes it replay value high enough to buy.

Mowork 02-26-03 12:10 PM

I really enjoyed it. Was it a great movie ?? Nope. But I thought it was a helluva lot of fun !!

Can't wait for the dvd.

MrPeanut 02-27-03 12:28 AM

I just watched it and I loved it too.

Best fights and best car chases I've seen in a long time.

It was strangely a lot like one of those BMW films. Was Corey mad he didn't get chosen to make one and just decided to make his own?

Skank 02-27-03 06:34 AM

I really liked it too and preordered it as soon as I could!

JHosk 02-27-03 09:53 AM

Besides the bad music track, it was a solid flick. I'll be getting the dvd the day it hits shelves.

Corvin 02-27-03 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Robert
The think I hated most is the fact that they added laser beams to the bullet hits so it almost looks like they're firing laser guns.

Glad I'm not the only one that absolutely hated this.

atari2600 02-27-03 07:18 PM

re: The Transporter --- Jason Statham

Originally posted by ylomnstr
I'm so excited about this movie coming out on DVD. I don't know what it was, but I guess the fact that the movie started out with a sweet car chase just kept me intrigued for the rest of the movie. Great action sequences. A must buy on my list.
absolutely! i made a similar post about a month ago (do a search...i think it was in the dvdtalk main section)...i had such low expectations going in and it ended up being probably one of my favorite actions flicks ever. the bus scene ruled.

monkeyboy 02-28-03 01:30 AM

I thought it was pretty lame. It wasn't "so bad it was good" for me, it was just bad. Good fight choreography, I'll give it that much.

ipkevin 02-28-03 03:37 AM

I liked it, possibly because I expected crap. The last 30 minutes is one extended action scene. The 'tracers' were visually interesting to me and made the shootouts feel a little different. I even liked the bizarre techno- and rap-influenced soundtrack. Not much to hate about The Transporter if you accept it's just a dumb little action flick that does its work well. Good pacing - Not much fat and what dialogue there is mildly interesting and/or performed well (Shu Qi aside).

Also, it's way easier to accept the action as exceptionally good when it's a fresh face like Statham performing it instead of Jet Li or whoever. You don't expect him to kick ass that well, so what little you get feels like it's great. If it had been Li, I'd have been screaming bloody murder that they wasted him again. Funny how that works out. :)

Derrich 02-28-03 10:35 AM

I loved it. I even named it Chase Movie of the Year. It was near nonstop action, inventive stunts, and fun all the way through.

D

Zodiac_Speaking 02-28-03 12:13 PM

A disappointing movie that should've ended within 45 mins. but went on and on and on...

good fights, but who cares-it sucked.

Grade: D

WiccanPagan 04-27-03 03:25 AM

Originally posted by gmal2003
Wasn't the best overall movie, but its action and great music makes it replay value high enough to buy.
just rented this, and couldn't disagree with the music more. it dragged and didn't match scenes well. i thought that was one of the major drawbacks. that and it copied itself off of the big hit. and china chow and markie mark were much nicer to look at.

atari2600 04-27-03 03:49 AM

i just watched it again recently - the music was GREAT! the best two scenes...

1. when he goes back to the house after realizing they set him up - very un-classic action scene music (more like comedy scene music almost) but very well done! very unique and it worked well!

2. the bus scene - oh man does that get your blood pumping! it gets louder and faster as teh scene goes on! love it!

Rocky_Stallone 04-27-03 08:18 AM

It was a great action movie, Jason Statham has tons of potential to be a huge action movie star.

The bus station oil fight scene is one of the best action scenes I've ever seen in a long time.

Venom 04-27-03 03:03 PM

Originally posted by the action
Great action, bad everything else. You gotta roll your eyes to fighting in oil scene....

that's exactly when i turned it off.

Rocky_Stallone 04-27-03 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Venom
that's exactly when i turned it off.
You must not like action movies then.