DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Who is that guy that seems to always narrarate trailers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/274055-who-guy-seems-always-narrarate-trailers.html)

costanza187 02-25-03 06:16 AM

Who is that guy that seems to always narrarate trailers?

Anybody know who that is? Seems like every trailer for every movie you see has that same guy talking...Just wondering who he is.

LBPound 02-25-03 07:28 AM

Check out the "Comedian" trailer. :)

caligulathegod 02-25-03 08:02 AM

Mr Voice

Giles 02-25-03 08:55 AM

for some reason I pictured Don LaFontaine being younger...

Damfino 02-25-03 12:15 PM

"In a world...

rkndkn 02-25-03 01:53 PM

The theatrical trailer for "Gods and Generals" always amused me, because the voice is saying the exact type of cliches mocked in the "Comedian" trailer.

Dr. DVD 02-25-03 04:01 PM

Sounds like Optimus Prime.

TaTTooD 02-26-03 12:26 AM

Originally posted by LBPound
Check out the "Comedian" trailer. :)

whats his name? they call him jack but thats it and its not that don LaFontaine guy

ENDContra 02-26-03 02:13 AM

Yeah, theres another voice that does a lot of movie trailers (I THINK its a different voice). I cant think of any off the top of my head that hes done, though I THINK Life is Beautiful is one of them. Whats that guys name?

jarofclay73 02-26-03 02:27 AM

"I'm hoping that more people will recognize the value of the trailer." he says. "[It's] a very important, omnipresent, art form....
For us, who are "DVD connessieurs," I think WE know the value of the trailer. We often balk when a DVD package has the most inane special features but no trailer.

I remember a time way back when you couldn't just download the lastest trailer. You had to go to the theater to see them. But I have always loved them.

Anyone remember their first trailer? For me, it was the original "Blues Brothers." I saw that right before I saw my first movie, "Star Wars." :)

caligulathegod 02-26-03 05:49 AM

Just did more research and the guy in the Comedian trailer is Hal Douglas, the voice of A&E and other trailers.

Iron Chef 02-26-03 07:31 AM

Originally posted by Damfino
"In a world...
:lol:

Iron Chef 02-26-03 07:33 AM

60 minutes did a piece on Don LaFontaine a few years ago. From what I remember, he usually only does 1 take for each trailer, because he gets it right the first time all of the time.

LBPound 02-26-03 07:37 AM

Originally posted by jarofclay73
I remember a time way back when you couldn't just download the lastest trailer. You had to go to the theater to see them. But I have always loved them.
I remember a time way back when you could download the latest trailer and easily save it to your harddrive without having to jump through hoops to find the address of the actual MOV. -rolleyes-

caligulathegod 02-26-03 08:11 AM

Don LaFontaine and Hal Douglas in the same room trying to read that Comedian promo would be hilarious. They sound almost exactly alike. I guess the difference is that Don LaFontaine is out of NY and Hal Douglas is out of LA.

Fok 02-26-03 11:27 AM

Years ago, blockbuster had a commerical featuring one of these guys. It was pretty funny actually.

BuddyRevell 02-26-03 02:54 PM

"I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake, now it's time to erase that mistake."

The guy who played Bob Morton (Miguel Ferrer) from Robocop does alot of the movie trailers.

DonnachaOne 02-26-03 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Fok
Years ago, blockbuster had a commerical featuring one of these guys. It was pretty funny actually.
Hollywood, actually. The CSR produced him (or a soundalike) from under the desk when asked "So what's Scream 2 about?".