Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

has anyone heard anything about a new movie called "The R.M."(Returned Missionary)?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

has anyone heard anything about a new movie called "The R.M."(Returned Missionary)?

Old 02-23-03, 04:43 PM
Banned

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0341540
Old 02-23-03, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's another production from the HaleStrom Production group. They are the one's who did 'Single's Ward', a fairly funny movie about the goings on in the dating game at Brighma Young University and the reactivation of a inactive/divorced member of the church who chooses between a new love and his mormon-bashing-stand-up comedy career.

'The R.M." just follows the story of a missionary that has recently returned from his two years of missionary service.... and everything is different. We often joke about these urban legends of RMs, like your parents moving while your gone, your girlfriend not waiting for you and getting married, brothers and sisters maturing while you're gone, etc.

I was going to go see this movie while I was in SLC last week, but saw Daredevil instead.

More than likely, those people who are not familiar with the LDS church won't even begin to laugh at 'Single's Ward' or 'The R.M.'.

Hope that helps... and its nice that you can ask a constructive question about the LDS church.