Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

sequel to XFILES the movie??

Old 02-22-03, 08:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

sequel to XFILES the movie??

anybody know if this is in the works? thanx
Old 02-22-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
They did have talks that their would be another x-files movie after the series final. So I wouldn't be surprised at all of this.
Old 02-22-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The real question is "If they made an X-Files sequel, would anyone come to see it?"

I mean, I was a fan of the series up until David Duchuvany left, and I have a hard time trying to build anything that resembles entusiasm for a 2nd X-Files movie. FOX drove that series into the ground.
Old 02-23-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If it contains the answers in movie, I'll watch.
Old 02-23-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by McHawkson
If it contains the answers in movie, I'll watch.
It reached the point where even Chris Carter, I imagine, couldn't figure out the "answers" - in fact, I'll bet he can't even remember the questioms....
Old 02-23-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I can't remember the questions either, but I'm sure they will get it all screwed up anyhow.

in all, I loved the episodes of the x-files that delt more with just the monster stories instead of the stupid underground alien/sister story.

I would have liked a movie based on or around some of those monster episodes.
Old 02-23-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by marty888
It reached the point where even Chris Carter, I imagine, couldn't figure out the "answers" - in fact, I'll bet he can't even remember the questioms....
They should have ended it after seven. I hope Buffy doesn't overstay its welcome as bad as X-Files did. I don't think I would bother going to watch it after the sorry state of affairs that season nine was.
Old 02-23-03, 09:35 PM

I believe they were originally going to look into production on X-Files 2 starting in 2004, but they decided to actually move it up and begin production this year--so that they could have a 2004 release.

From what I have read through the trades, this film will NOT be a conspiracy film and instead focus on a single case.

IMO, that's the way they should all be--it would have the real chance of being a major film franchise.
Old 02-23-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd see it no matter what. Fans of the show who crapped out on the series partway thru can't even be called fans. ('m sure some of you are going to loooooove me saying that) The show changed and had bad episodes but not bad seasons.

Another movie will everybody would be fine by me.
Old 02-23-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, they've got that new xbox game coming out that is a couple of newly written interractive episodes. Thar will be a good test to see if there is still interest in the franchise.
Old 02-24-03, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
I'd see it no matter what. Fans of the show who crapped out on the series partway thru can't even be called fans. ('m sure some of you are going to loooooove me saying that) The show changed and had bad episodes but not bad seasons.
You say Tomatoe I say Tomato, I guess. Losing the lead hurt the show tremendously. We fans who crapped out are obviously in the majority since the show was cancelled regardless of what Carter said at the end.
Old 02-24-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by MasterofDVD

Another movie will everybody would be fine by me.
Ok, I was a fan of Mulders and scully's chemistry.. which was the show and what made the show.

lets put it this way.. If you take Fat albert away from the fat albert show.. what do you have?

I disliked the final seasons but sadly I still watched. A fan? Hell yeah I am. Been to conventions and the works. but I hated when mulder was gone and what the story turned into. the show shouldn't have been called "X-files". it should have been a spin off.

Not to mention the terrible way they got rid of the lone gunmen... total crap way to end it.
Old 02-24-03, 01:19 AM
Banned

How can you say that fans crapped out on the show midway through?
I stopped watching it when they changed the whole premise of the show, actors left and the show started getting away from the dark stuff that made it so good. I blame that on FOX and Carter for going on way past the time it should have.
Carter originally said 5 seasons and that the two lead characters would never get romantically involved.
He lied about both.
The show went on and on and we got answers to little.
Will I see a movie, probably but towards the end there, Carter was taking the money and milking the show.
Give us something good.
Old 02-24-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought the show would have ended perfectly if they ended it with the kiss at the end of season 8. Season 9 was just horrible. It was like a different show.

Also, how are they going to get Mulder involved in a new case for the film? He's now an escaped convicted murderer and Scully is an accomplice. They are no longer in the FBI, which truly sucks. I loved the power that the FBI affoded them.
Old 02-24-03, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by sherm42
Season 9 was just horrible.
Yes it was, and after how crappy Season 7 was, for the most part, I didn't think it was possible to do worse, especailly after Season 8 was better and gave us so much hope.

Personally, I can never forgive the show for killing Alex Krycek, and then having him pop back up in the last episode as a friggin ghost. lame. It's bad enough he was not in the first X-Files film, and now I think the show has shot itself in the foot by killing him because now he cannot be in any upcoming films (unless they do something stupid).
Old 08-06-06, 04:56 PM

In this Sunday's Parade there's an interview with David Duchovny and he's asked about an X-Files sequel. He says he doesn't see why The X-Files can't be a sucessful franchise and that they're all sigend on for another movie.
Old 08-06-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
In this Sunday's Parade there's an interview with David Duchovny and he's asked about an X-Files sequel. He says he doesn't see why The X-Files can't be a sucessful franchise and that they're all sigend on for another movie.
The man has beautiful hands.
Old 08-06-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Holy Bump, Batman!

btw...Gillian's been knocked up. So, unless there's an x-file in a pocketbook store or some other place she can cover her belly, it'll be nine months or so until shooting...

or maybe they can CGI her stomach..
Old 08-07-06, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mulder could've knocked her up twice!
Old 08-07-06, 12:57 AM
Banned

They worked around her pregnancy on the show so I don't know why they wouldn't be able to work around it in a movie.

It's a moot point anyway. The fetus currently occupying Gillian Anderson's womb will probably be graduating from college by the time we see another "X-Files" movie.
Old 08-07-06, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lara Means
Mulder could've knocked her up twice!
She is actually preggo with an alien baby
Old 08-08-06, 02:20 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'm hoping they make a sequel. I've read some things about what they want to do with it, and it sounds interesting. I was a big fan of the show (and it's currently my second favourite television show, next to Six Feet Under.) I also loved, "Fight the Future."
Old 08-09-06, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
The man has beautiful hands.
Well he is the World's Greatest Hand Model for a reason.
Old 08-09-06, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A sequel is a must.

Interesting, though, Gillian will have to work hard on her English accent, because she's been living in the UK for a long time now and she has one of the thickest (and most bizarre) British accents that I've heard.

She looks amazing, though, Duchovny is definately aging, but Gillian hardly looks like she's aged a day.
Old 08-09-06, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Interesting, though, Gillian will have to work hard on her English accent, because she's been living in the UK for a long time now and she has one of the thickest (and most bizarre) British accents that I've heard.
That'd be interesting to hear. I'm a fan of "accquired" faux-accents..

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.