Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What do you think about this film?
A Masterpiece
47.06%
Very Good Film
23.53%
Rubbish
5.88%
Allright we get it, enough with these threads!
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

An Amadeus Discussion

Old 02-22-03, 05:29 PM
Banned

An Amadeus Discussion

Amadeus...A classic, a legend, a handsome young fellow, err, i mean, a great film. A Masterpiece! Your thoughts.
Old 02-22-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

very good movie. my dad teaches music theory/history and he shows it every semester. (that and immortal beloved). the students usually respond very well to it too! (considering it's a community college and located in the "redneck riviera").
Old 02-22-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I voted that it is both Very Good and a Masterpiece. My reasoning being that it is an excellent film, one that is able to take a genre that normally doesn't interest me (period costume piece) and make it so accessible and engaging that I truly like it. That makes it brilliant in my eyes, and the music is terrific. Very spirited and enjoyable, even if it doesn't make my 'Top 100' currently.

I do enjoy it more than most of the AFI 100. (More than The Deer Hunter, for that matter.)
Old 02-22-03, 07:32 PM

while i am not a huge fan or motzarts music .... i found this movie to quite a master piece!!!!

i have always been more partial to handel than th motzrat, the performance that did it for me was F Murry Abraham ...he was incredible !!!!

i love the new SE version of this film on dvd, and have watched it several times
Old 02-22-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Definitely a masterpiece. It's one of the greatest dramas in my collection. The acting, directing, subject matter, script are all top notch. The 2 disc set rules.
Old 02-22-03, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A Masterpiece....A classic!