Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

What's Joe Pesci doing lately?

Old 02-21-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched 8 Heads in a Duffel Bag last night and realized that I hadn't seen Joe Pesci in a new movie for a while and sure enough it seems that 1998's Lethal Weapon 4 was his last movie. Did he retire???
Old 02-21-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"In all fairness, I should explain to you what I do. If you don't have my money for me, I'll crack your ****ing head in front of everyone in the bank. And just about the time I get out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. But guess what? I'll crack your ****ing head again! 'Cause I'm ****ing stupid! I don't give a **** about jail! That's my business. That's what I do."

SEriously, though I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. He hasn't done a film since Lethal Weapon 4, nor does he seem to have anything in the works. I don't think he's retired, but five years without a film is strange.
Old 02-21-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Joe Pesci: "C'mon Mel, Lethal Weapon 5!"

Joe Pesci: "C'mon Marty, Goodfellas 2!"

Joe Pesci: "C'mon Macully, Home Alone 4!"(Didn't they make a third one on TV?

Joe Pesci: "C'mon Spade, 9 Heads in a Duffel Bag! Or a Prequel, 7 heads..."
Old 02-21-03, 12:42 PM
Banned

Joe Pesci: "C'mon Marty, Raging Bull 2, Raging Even More!

Old 02-21-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who needs to act when one can do the Joe Pesci show?
Old 02-21-03, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by majorjoe23
Joe Pesci: "C'mon Macully, Home Alone 4!"(Didn't they make a third one on TV?[/B]
They made a third and a fourth. The fourth only recently aired and was horrible. That annoying guy from Third Rock played the villian that Kevin defeats this time.
Old 02-21-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"The Super 2: Movin' on Up" anyone?
Old 02-21-03, 03:47 PM

Have you listened to "Vincent Laguardia Gambini Sings Just For You?" It has some funny stuff on it. Not great but worth downloading for a laugh.

Vincent Laguardia Gambini Sings Just For You, an album recorded by Pesci in the voice of the character he played in the 1992 film My Cousin Vinny. The parental-advisory sticker is no joke; Pesci/Gambini has a foul mouth, and he's not afraid to use it on songs like "Take Your Love And Shove It" and an arrangement of "I Can't Give You Anything But Love," a profanity-laced duet with Vinny co-star Marisa Tomei. Pesci is a competent enough lounge singer (this isn't his first excursion into the territory), but here the shtick is too thick. Diehard Vinny-heads will be delighted, of course, but it's doubtful that even those who lobby Fox for a My Cousin Vinny sequel, contribute to the My Cousin Vinny fan fiction websites, and gather for My Cousin Vinny conventions will enjoy the hip-hop-tinged "Wise Guy." A collection of mob clichés, the song uses Blondie's "Rapture" as its source, a choice that would probably even shame Puff Daddy.
Old 02-21-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heard he was doing "Gone fishing 2: sleeping with the fishes" directed by Coppola