Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Tired of Reality TV shows? How about Reality MOVIES!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-19-03, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is real wrath-of-God-type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes! Volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Speaking of reality programming from hell, it’s the battle of the Spring Break movies in Hollywood right now! New Line Cinema has forged an unholy cabal with the makers of The Real World to make THE REAL SPRING BREAK or CANCUN: THE REALITY MOVIE (they haven’t quite finalized the title yet) with hopes of having it in theaters this summer. The documentary will focus on a group of 12 good looking young college students who get shipped off to Cancun, Mexico to find out what Spring Break is really all about. Then there’s Universal, who is teaming up with the makers of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette who are making THE SAME DAMN MOVIE!!! only with 8 college students in Cancun instead of 12. Their version to be called SPRING BREAK: THE MOVIE is specified for a fall release. Both will be filming in the same place at the same time this March and one can only hope that a tsunami or a meteor strike wipes them all out. Hey, maybe the two will cross paths and get into some wild rumble? We can only hope that this plague of reality TV -- and now movies -- ends very, very soon.
(News of this disaster of biblical proportions is brought to you by Badmovies.net)
Old 02-19-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The IMDb listing of the excellent Ghostbusters quote is slightly wrong, FYI. Heck, the IMDb's listing of "Ghost Busters" is wrong, for that matter.
Old 02-19-03, 05:32 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I knew it was wrong - but I didnt feel like typing out the whole correct bit. Call me lazy.
Old 02-19-03, 06:02 PM

if its uncensored and has nudity in it, i'd pay to see it. and i'm pretty sure if they make it the right way and advertise it properly movies like that have the potential to make loads of cash....i'm talkin jackass cash here people
Old 02-19-03, 06:37 PM
Banned

Old 02-19-03, 06:41 PM

whatever....you guys all know you'll be first in line
Old 02-19-03, 06:43 PM

How is this any different than Girls Gone Wild and its various sequels/ripoffs/homages?

On another note, "reality" movies have existed for a long time. They're called documentaries.
Old 02-19-03, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by tonytapez
if its uncensored and has nudity in it, i'd pay to see it. and i'm pretty sure if they make it the right way and advertise it properly movies like that have the potential to make loads of cash....i'm talkin jackass cash here people
Considering most people in Cancun, on spring break are under age, I doubt nudity would be involved.
Old 02-19-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please Nooooooooooooo
Old 02-19-03, 09:47 PM

Old 02-19-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Ignite
Considering most people in Cancun, on spring break are under age, I doubt nudity would be involved.
Ah, but you have to look at where the film was filmed. Otherwise the MPAA would have a field day with all those French films with nude 16-year-olds in them.

Even if there's a legal problem, it doesn't hurt MTV anyway when they show all that Spring Break programming, nor E!'s "Wild On".

If indeed this does come up as an issue - as I'm sure it would - how many "plants" do you think the studio would have at each gathering to ensure there'd by "wild stuff".
Old 02-20-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

isn't a reality movie, a documentary?

anyway, i once saw a reality movie made by a friend, about one of his friends, in an altered state of mind. really funny stuff!
Old 02-20-03, 02:54 PM
Banned

Both will be filming in the same place at the same time this March
I hope the two camera crews run into each other a la Man Bites Dog. Hopefully with similar results
Old 02-20-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Next thing you know, they'll start billing Madonna's "Truth Or Dare" as a "reality movie."

I hate that buzzword.
Old 02-20-03, 09:57 PM

There's only one thing that adequately expresses my hatred of reality shows:

Yep...that sums it up nicely.
Old 02-20-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

basicly this boils down to this; there will be two up coming movies that are terrible, should of never been made, and some people will either go to see it or not. so what does it matter that they are "reality" shows? just business as usual.