Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas question

Old 02-18-03, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas question

I got the CC DVD today and started going through the supplements. I came across the short film Gilliam used when trying to secure the writing credit called "A Dress Pattern." I am 100% positive I have seen this before either in the theater or on the VHS when it came out. I'm pretty sure the theatrical version began with this when I saw it. Can anyone shed some light on this? IMDB lists no alternate versions or trivia about this. Thanks.
Old 02-19-03, 01:04 PM
Banned

I saw Fear and Loating opening night and it did not have the short film "dress patern" thing. I first saw it on the Universal DVD which came out in Dec. 1998. that's where you may have seen it too.
Old 02-19-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Pants
I saw Fear and Loating opening night and it did not have the short film "dress patern" thing. I first saw it on the Universal DVD which came out in Dec. 1998. that's where you may have seen it too.
I used to own that version until I sold it for this one. Thats probably where I saw it. Thanks.
Old 10-21-08, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the bump! As the first man to ever dress as Hunter Thompson for Halloween, I salute you. I've decided to be a trailblazer as well, and am fashioning an Alex from Clockwork Orange costume.
Old 10-21-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Huh? Bump?
Old 10-21-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The post I'm referring to was deleted. Now it appears as if I bumped this thread. Which I didn't.