DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Your favorite "Grease" musical number! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/271905-your-favorite-grease-musical-number.html)

Darkfriend 02-16-03 09:49 PM

Your favorite "Grease" musical number!

Ok I caved in and got "Grease" on DVD!!

I usually HATE musicals but for some reason I watched that movie 4 times when it came out (I was 10 years old -smile- ).

My favorite numbers:

-GREASED LIGHTNING !!

-"You're the one that I want"; isn't it weird that Sandy had to turn into a slut just to be "cool" and get Danny? (But that's just the adult in me speaking heh).

Your faves?

davejt1 02-17-03 09:03 AM

Something about the tunes at the beginning - "Grease" during the opening credits; and "You're the One That I Want" at the end always get my foot tapping.

Of course, that's probably blasphemous to those who are bigger fans of the musical, since both songs were added for the film!

WiccanPagan 02-17-03 12:12 PM

we go together and summer lovin' i know typical. i love the movie but really hate beauty school dropout.

DeputyDave 02-17-03 12:23 PM

Summer Lovin' is my favorite.
That "Stranded at the drive in.." one is the worst.

IndyFrank 02-17-03 01:50 PM

I like all of them, but Reproduction is one of my favs just because of the humor.

Matthew Chmiel 02-17-03 02:58 PM

I like all of them, but Reproduction is one of my favs just because of the humor.
Isn't that Grease 2? If that's the case then I like Let's Score Tonight because what other movie had a musical number in a bowling alley? :)

I like Greased Lighnting and Summer Lovin'. I also enjoy the Born To Hand Jive scene just for a running joke my friends and I have in my theater class after watching it there (and due to me, we watched it in widescreen). :)

joefrog91 02-17-03 09:44 PM

Grease is still the word. Best song out of all the others.

Second best for me is There Are Worst Things I Could Do . I actually got to hear Alanis Morrisette sing this song in concert during the Jagged Little Pill tour.

Aaron Amos 02-18-03 12:48 AM

Summer Lovin'

Aurora 02-18-03 02:56 AM

Too many greats for a favorite. Hoplessly Devoted to You and We go Together

My least favorites are Beauty School Dropout and Grease Lightning.

hgar78 02-18-03 10:23 AM

there all my favorites but if i had to choose...summer lovin!

Rypro 525 02-18-03 12:23 PM

I had to painfully sing We go together at the winter concert in my freshman year in high schoo. (a year before I got to sing "I believe I can Fly", which now is alot worse.)
My favorites are Summer Lovin and Greased Lightning.

cooper2000 02-18-03 12:42 PM

Its between Youre the One that I want, We go together and the solo Hopelessly Devoted to you.

gondorspit 02-18-03 01:31 PM

"It's Raining on Prom Night" by far the funniest song.