DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   anyone ever see the movie "Gummo"? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/271175-anyone-ever-see-movie-gummo.html)

§høw§tøppër 02-13-03 06:57 PM

anyone ever see the movie "Gummo"?

what a strange movie.. but directed so well that your not sure if they are actors playing a role or a real life documentary is being filmed.its the story of life in some small southern town,small population kinda deseted from the rest of society and gives small brief storys from different characters within the town,i must say though if you like cats your gonna be very disgusted be fore warned,there are two very mean boys in this movie and they dont care for cats,very controversial too,the director was stabbed after the movie by somebody in the film..may be a hard movie to find not sure every local video store is gonna have this one for rent..if you seen it what did you think of it?

marty888 02-13-03 08:43 PM

Re: anyone ever see the movie "Gummo"?

Originally posted by §høw§tøppër
.. the director was stabbed after the movie by somebody in the film..

Other than suddenly realizing that you were destroying your career prospects by appearing in the cast of the most self-indulgent, poorly photographed, incoherent, uninterestng and meaningless piece of filmmaking in years, why would someone do that?

JLJanis 02-13-03 08:54 PM

Re: Re: anyone ever see the movie "Gummo"?

Originally posted by marty888
Other than suddenly realizing that you were destroying your career prospects by appearing in the cast of the most self-indulgent, poorly photographed, incoherent, uninterestng and meaningless piece of filmmaking in years, why would someone do that?
That is, until Korine made the equally self-indulgent, poorly photographed, incoherent, uninterestng and meaningless piece of filmmaking in years, julien donkey-boy.

Mondo Kane 02-13-03 10:12 PM

One of the very few movies that I could not finish.

BTW, does anyone know why Korine has a fascination with shirtless boys?

§høw§tøppër 02-13-03 11:42 PM

i gotta admit donkey boy was one of the dumbest films i ever seen,i only watched 20 mins of it then shut off it was so bad..i think the director is a pedophile or sumthin,if you listened to a audio commentary in the special features section of the gummo movie he makes some comment about how every guy would like to sleep with a 12 year old girl but wouldnt admit it,,lol this guy must be crazy to make a statement like that..

ChefWinduAZ 02-14-03 01:06 AM

I have seen Gummo and Julien Donkey Boy and both of them left me shaking my head. I could not understand the point of either film. In Gummo, the kid eating spaghetti while taking a bath in nasty water was just disgusting.

Pointyskull 02-14-03 11:40 AM

I thought Gummo was wonderfully weird and excellent. Easily one of the more bizarre films I've ever seen.
I loved it...

Remind me never to go to Xenia, Ohio.

Marvdog 02-14-03 05:46 PM

yeah its a crazy weird ass flick, never saw anythin like it.