Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Films that you love, but dont think you can ever watch again.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-13-03, 08:55 AM
Cool New Member

For any reason really. I was thinking along the lines of Dancer in the Dark. I dont think i can ever bring myself to watching that again. It is just way too sad.....

anyone else??
Old 02-13-03, 08:56 AM

Uh yeah, his previous torture fest "Breaking the Waves."

I really want to watch it again, but not sure if I can. Maybe "Requiem for a Dream" too. That ending is a bit too much for me.
Old 02-13-03, 09:03 AM

Old Yeller. I can't stand how it ends.
Old 02-13-03, 09:09 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by zutroy
Uh yeah, his previous torture fest "Breaking the Waves."

I really want to watch it again, but not sure if I can. Maybe "Requiem for a Dream" too. That ending is a bit too much for me.
I strangely enough have no problem watching Requeim for a Dream over and over again. I probably have seen it about 15 times at least. weird.
Old 02-13-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
The Thin Red Line
Old 02-13-03, 09:15 AM

None here... but my wife won't watch "The Green Mile" again, despite the fact that she thought it was a helluva movie.
Old 02-13-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to put in a vote for Requim. The movie was beautiful, but I can't bring myself to watch it again. Now Pi on the other hand I can watch over and over.
Old 02-13-03, 09:29 AM

I bought ET but have been putting off watching that. by the way....Dancer in the Dark is an excellent example. good call.
Old 02-13-03, 09:30 AM

Definitly "The Game"..once you see the ending it's almost not worth watching again....
Old 02-13-03, 09:32 AM
Suspended

I could watch 'The Game' again before Minority Report.
Old 02-13-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Requim.

A Beautiful Mind was great but I never thought it deserved best picture and watching it again I dont think will ever appeal to me.

The Insider is another that was very well done, great acting, I just can't seem to want to watch it again.
Old 02-13-03, 09:48 AM

"Graveyard of the Fireflies" - very powerful, but just thinking about that (anime) movie makes me sad...
Old 02-13-03, 09:58 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

I love Se7en but I have a hard time getting past the lust sin. The guy's description of what he had to do to that hooker always disturbs me.

Oddly enough, it didn't overly bother a couple guys I talked to but two girlfriends of mine were both extremely moved. Maybe that scene just effects women more.
Old 02-13-03, 10:03 AM

Another vote for Requim for a Dream. It is a really great movie, but a lot is difficult to watch, and just leaves me with a disgusted and hopeless feeling.
Old 02-13-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Caliking
A Beautiful Mind was great but I never thought it deserved best picture and watching it again I dont think will ever appeal to me.
Oddly, I liked it the second time more than the first. I was much more moved by a 2nd viewing.

Spoiler:
I think the 1st time for ruined for me because I was so disappointed that his "mission" wasn't real. When I found out it was all in his mind, I kind of automatically disregarded the whole film from that point on. That was a mistake because it really is a touching film about a man who faces and conquers his inner demons.
Old 02-13-03, 10:12 AM

memento. although i may pick up the special edition thingy to watch it in chronological order.

magnolia is so long. jeez.
Old 02-13-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elise
I love Se7en but I have a hard time getting past the lust sin. The guy's description of what he had to do to that hooker always disturbs me.

Oddly enough, it didn't overly bother a couple guys I talked to but two girlfriends of mine were both extremely moved. Maybe that scene just effects women more.
My wife had to leave the theater during that scene. To this day, I've never seen the end of Se7en.
Old 02-13-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Schindler's List for me. Saw it in the theatre and I almost had to leave. After it was over I said: wonderful movie but I won't ever watch it again. The Green Mile is difficult but I get though it (it's the only time I've cried reading a book too). No problems at all watching Se7en (had to watch it five times just to get through all the commentaries on the disc).
Old 02-13-03, 10:37 AM

Requiem for a Dream

My wife wanted to know why I let her watch that movie. It is a hard movie to watch.
Old 02-13-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Philidelphia

This movie moved me, and brought me to sobbing tears.....never has there been a movie that has had that effect on me. I loved it but I will never watch it again.
Old 02-13-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Put me down for House 1. I loved that movie when I was a kid, now, I've tried, but can't bring myself to waste my time with it.

Oh, add Killer Klowns from Outer Space too.
Old 02-13-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Requiem for a Dream is the first that pops into mind. Incredible movie, but it's so emotionally draining...
Old 02-13-03, 12:17 PM

The Others. I really liked it, but have no interest in watching it again.

Surprisingly, i have no problem watching other "twist" movies more than once (The Game, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, etc).
Old 02-13-03, 12:28 PM

Another vote for Requiem for a Dream & Schindler's List
Old 02-13-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I honestly cannot think of any....
Sometimes when I see an emotionally devastating film for the first time I think I won't see it again.....but I have always come back to those films at least once.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.