Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What are all the added scenes for these Director's Cuts

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-08-03, 07:45 AM
Banned

Does anybody know what all the added scenes are for these director's cuts.

Amadeus
Apocalypse Now Redux
Almost Famous
The Last Emperor

Feel free to post any other films if you want.
Old 02-08-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amadeus adds back in some scenes of Salieri making Constanze take off her clothes. Salieir has told her that if she wants him to give Amadeus a job position with the king, she must give him something. But, when he sees that she is willing to do it, he throws her out. There are some other scenes that I can't really remember involving a patron and his dog.

Apocalypse Now Redux adds back scenes of a visit to a French plantation, more of the Playboy Bunnies, the crew steal Robert Duvall's surfboard, Marlon Brando reads a Time Magazine article to Martin Sheen at the compound.

Almost Famous adds back in little scenes that really flesh out the movie. Too many to remeber off hand.

The Last Emperor adds back scenes of when the emperor is in a concentration camp.
Old 02-08-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For Amadeus, just look at the chapter listing on the DVD packaging. The new scenes have a star next to them.
Old 02-08-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They each have a scene added from Das Boot.
Old 02-09-03, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Heres one i was wondering about....

Crimes of Passion...ok the heavily censored R version is 102mn or less,the original uncensored version is 107mn...the new uncensored AnchorBay dvd restores some more footage & runs 110mn. So what are the extra three minutes added to this new version?

It's the only version i've seen.So i was just curious.I know practically all the sexual scenes were cut/toned some + tons of dialogue cut & altered for the R version(according to the LD liner notes). Yet the latest dvd has 'never before seen footage restored'..yet it does'nt list what.