DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   What actor do you really like/enjoy which people usually dislike or even hate? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/269540-what-actor-do-you-really-like-enjoy-people-usually-dislike-even-hate.html)

kian69 02-07-03 01:11 PM

What actor do you really like/enjoy which people usually dislike or even hate?

Again no flaming please, everybody is entitled to their own opinions.

People in this forum usually hate Affleck and F. Prinze Jr., well you know what I actually like them, they're fine by me.

Also really like Keanu "Neo" Reeves and Colin Farrell.

adamblast 02-07-03 01:19 PM

I agree that Affleck and Prinze are okay... Not great, buy okay... Prinze sure needs to choose smarter material...

How about Streisand? She may be the most hated celebrity ever in online culture (although any female celebrity with liberal politics will get more than their share of venom...) I actually love most of her early movies from the 60's thru mid-70s...

flixtime 02-07-03 02:02 PM

Charlton Heston has done many films which I really enjoy.

Christopher Lambert, even though his filmography consists of more misses than hits (Greystoke, the Legend of Tarzan; Highlander).

Joan Severance, See No Evil, Hear No Evil; old Wiseguy TV show; and many B erotic-thrillers.

Jeraden 02-07-03 02:27 PM

Adam Sandler - guy gets no respect on here and I think he's great!

Bechman 2000 02-07-03 03:01 PM

Keanu Reeves. I really like him. I don't know why people bust on him so much. I think he did a great job in The Matrix as well as The Mangler. His earlier roles were low key, but I think he adjusted well, once he started getting serious roles. Not sure why he isn't respected, but everyone is entitled to thier own opinion... :)

JimRochester 02-07-03 03:20 PM

Brendon Fraser - granted most of his roles are retreads of the same idiot but I enjoy his movies.

LBPound 02-07-03 03:22 PM

I love Adam Sandler (not in that way) and Brendan Fraser is very funny in some of the comedy roles I've seen him in.

Amadeus 02-07-03 03:25 PM

Originally posted by LBPound
I love Adam Sandler ( in that way)
:eek:

kian69 02-07-03 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Amadeus
:eek:
:lol: do you work for the press by any chance <<...twisting the facts :D>>

Goat3001 02-07-03 03:36 PM

I agree with Adam Sandler and Ben Affleck. Neither are great actors but make enjoyable movies.

Amadeus 02-07-03 03:36 PM

Originally posted by kian69
:lol: do you work for the press by any chance <<...twisting the facts :D>>
No of course not.:eek:

Numanoid 02-07-03 04:38 PM

Woody Allen...yes, I think he's a genius and I don't give a rat's arse about his personal life.

borisdisco 02-07-03 05:05 PM

Originally posted by JimRochester
Brendon Fraser - granted most of his roles are retreads of the same idiot but I enjoy his movies.
Two thumbs up for Brendan. George of the Jungle is great. I like how he can laugh at himself in The Mummy movies.

greatjedi 02-07-03 05:36 PM

Another vote for Affleck. He's not all that bad.

Kal-El 02-07-03 05:36 PM

Affleck and Prinze are ok by me too.
So is Leo.

fumanstan 02-07-03 07:08 PM

I really like Keanu's movies. Bill and Ted are just flat out great comedies, i loved Point Break, he was awesome in The Matrix, a great hero in Speed. I even liked The Watcher.

kian69 02-07-03 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi

So is Leo.

True true, I forgot about him. He was amazing in Catch Me If You Can and Gangs of NewYork. I really didn't think of him much before that, but have more respect for him now.

kian69 02-07-03 07:21 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
I really like Keanu's movies. Bill and Ted are just flat out great comedies, i loved Point Break, he was awesome in The Matrix, a great hero in Speed. I even liked The Watcher.
Nicely put! Exactly my thoughts. He pulled off most of his roles very well.

inVectiVe 02-07-03 10:52 PM

I'm not sure how disliked he is, but I get the feeling that some people think Jim Carrey is obnoxious. But I like some of his early stuff, and can't immediately think of another actor who would have made Ace Ventura such a memorable character. :)

PolloDiablo 02-08-03 12:00 AM

I know many people who seriously dislike Mattew Lillard, and for some odd reason theres something about him I like. I'm not saying hes a great actor or has made that many good movies, its just him, his attitude or maybe just the way he portrays his characters. Even when he makes a complete stinker like Scooby Doo I can always go back and appreciate one of my all time favorites, SLC Punk. In all honesty I think that movie is one of the only reasons I really like the guy, to me he'll always be Steveo.

Charlie Goose 02-08-03 12:26 AM

I really like Affleck and Matt Damon. And Charles Bronson.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

MrX 02-08-03 02:42 AM

I like Sandler and Affleck to.

I really like Julia Roberts too.

slymer 02-08-03 03:00 AM

I think Affleck's great, although I don't think he fit's the "Action Hero" role well. Same goes for Owen Wilson.

jetflair 02-08-03 01:21 PM

Keanu Reeves for me too. I also love Russel Crowe, who seems to have about a 50 like/50 dislike factor.

RyoHazuki 02-08-03 02:20 PM

SEAN BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is so awesome. Very unappreciated.