Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Just saw Anatomy 2...

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Just saw Anatomy 2...

Old 02-06-03, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw Anatomy 2...

...and I would not care to write anything about it (because it's not worth the effort), but I know some of you liked the first. I did not: little plot with big holes, cheesy dialogue, stupid characterizations. At least the gorey SFX were pretty cool and the setting was interesting (Heidelberg's sure a beautiful town!). Unfortunately (filmed in more than sterile locations in a hospital in Berlin - the stuff you know too well from ER etc.), the sequel lacks even that - a horror drama with 2-3 creepy and 1-2 touching scenes, an obligatory (but not too annoying) "true love"-subplot, thankfully only little humor - and a load of all that bullsh*t I've mentioned above. Okay, most performances were quite good (Franka Potente makes a guest appearance), the DoP is obviously very talented, but the same lame direction (again by Stefan Ruzowitzky) causes the film to deliver shivers not because of its suspense but its dumb attitude. Not even a good GERMAN film - they can do much better (watch "Nowhere in Africa"), and even if you like the original, watch this only if you're a completionist - or a masochist.

Surely, just MY two cents. And I apologize for possible language defects