Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I saw Final Destination 2 yesterday...and guess who sat 2 seats away from me?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-03, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shaquille O'neal. The guy is huge but when he sat down, you could not even tell it was him. He even wore a jersey with "Shaq" written on it. Anyone else ever sit next to or near a star of some sort??
Old 02-03-03, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool. Did he scream like a little girl during the movie?

By the way, I feel sorry for whoever had to sit behind him!
Old 02-03-03, 06:46 PM

He gasped at the moments of extreme gore though. My friend & I walked into the movie 10 minutes late & he held the door open for us since he was waiting for his wife or girlfirend to buy snacks. As I walked in, I said "hi ya doing?" And I was expecting a low voice, but his voice cracked as he said in a high pitch..."Hi"
Old 02-03-03, 06:48 PM

By the way nobody sat behind him, since he sat on the end, plus he sat so low, you could not even tell it was him until he got up.
Old 02-03-03, 10:01 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, no pics no believe......
Old 02-03-03, 10:20 PM
Banned

This guy!?!

Old 02-03-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just saw it with my GF, and a bunch a screaming 15 year old girls that would scream at anything.
Old 02-04-03, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Guess who tore my ticket as I entered the theater? Devon Sawa. That's what the double whammy of Slackers and Extreme-Ops will do to you!
Old 02-04-03, 04:55 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Seantn
Guess who tore my ticket as I entered the theater? Devon Sawa. That's what the double whammy of Slackers and Extreme-Ops will do to you!
!

You're cold! (Hey! I liked Slackers!)

Ooops! I meant "Slacker" (singular). Thank you, IMDB.

Last edited by Kudama; 02-04-03 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-04-03, 01:16 PM
Banned

It could be worse you could have had Ali Larter sit next to you and been at a showing of Kazaam!
Old 02-04-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: I saw Final Destination 2 yesterday...and guess who sat 2 seats away from me?

Originally posted by babka
He even wore a jersey with "Shaq" written on it.

What a tard.
Old 02-07-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Wait, he was huge, wore a jersey that said "Shaq" on it and you couldn't tell it was him when he sat down?

Maybe that's how Superman's glasses disguise works.
Old 02-07-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Pants
It could be worse you could have had Ali Larter sit next to you and been at a showing of Kazaam!
And that'd be worse...how? Oh yeah, Kazaam.
Old 02-07-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: I saw Final Destination 2 yesterday...and guess who sat 2 seats away from me?

Was he wearing this hat, by the way?

Old 02-07-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kudama
This guy!?!

Old 02-07-03, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should have asked him to rap for you.

Old 02-07-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: I saw Final Destination 2 yesterday...and guess who sat 2 seats away from me?

Originally posted by joltaddict

What a tard.
Old 02-07-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't a huge guy who looks similar and was just wearing the Shaq jersey to try to get people to think he's Shaq?
Old 02-07-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to see Orgazmo on the 4th or 5th night of release in Deptford, NJ, and there were 3 folks in the theater. Myself, and pro wrestling great, the Blue Meanie, and his girlfriend. My brush with greatness.
Old 02-07-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: I saw Final Destination 2 yesterday...and guess who sat 2 seats away from me?

Shaquille O'neal. The guy is huge but when he sat down, you could not even tell it was him. He even wore a jersey with "Shaq" written on it.
That's so he can remember his name.
Old 02-07-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by juiio
Are you sure it wasn't a huge guy who looks similar and was just wearing the Shaq jersey to try to get people to think he's Shaq?
But you could not even tell it was him. And he wore a jersey with "Shaq" written on it. Who else could it be?
Old 02-07-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

saw OJ Simpson in Florida at the big movie theater that's at Disney. We saw Any Given Sunday and we assumed he might of been there for that. after the movie i went into the bathroom and apparently walked right past him without looking or noticing him and see my brother who was waiting for me with a big goofy grin. i asked what was up and he said OJ was here and i just walked passed him. i didn't believe him but he said before he went into the bathroom he was taking pictures with a few fans. still skeptical i made us wait until he came out. and yep it was him, we followed him a bit becuase some woman was screaming and following him saying he should be in jail. this was during the week of the millenium.
Old 02-07-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Shaquille O'neal. The guy is huge but when he sat down, you could not even tell it was him. He even wore a jersey with "Shaq" written on it. Anyone else ever sit next to or near a star of some sort??
Ate pizza in the booth next to Michael Stipe....unfortunately, he looked like a bum off the street--long hair, unshaven, not a friendly look on his face. Said 'Whats up' to Bill Berry [also from REM] walking into a barbershop.
Moshed for the opening act for GWAR with Techno Destructo--after we figured who we was, we told him we had caught the show in another city the night before [opening night of the tour], he pulled us aside and started asking 'So, what'd you think? Did the story flow? Did it make sense? What would you change?' Pretty cool....
And I don't necessarily like this one, but met John Berry [country singer] before he made it 'big' [as big as he got, anyway] through a mutual girlfriend. Unfortunately, the 'girlfriend' was mutual at the same time, if you know what I mean....Not a pleasant discovery.
So mine are definitely not front-page, A-list meetings.
Old 02-09-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally posted by dtcarson
And I don't necessarily like this one, but met John Berry [country singer] before he made it 'big' [as big as he got, anyway] through a mutual girlfriend.
My cousin seems to know him pretty well. She's in the fan club (which apparantly gets you backstage access when it's a fan club for a mid level country act), and goes to every show she can within a 100 mile radius. She even saw him at an Cedar Point, and he sat down at the bench with her for a good half hour.'

Sounds like he's a pretty nice guy. He's married now, and if he had any romantic interest in my cousin, I would personally pay to have his head examined.

Damn shame she couldn't have made friends with Geddy Lee or something though.

And trying desperately to get this back on topic, I have never knowingly watched a movie with a celebrity.