DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Willard Trailer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/267912-willard-trailer.html)

Blaster1 01-31-03 08:24 PM

Willard Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/willard/

It looks pretty cool:thumbsup:

JaxComet 01-31-03 10:25 PM

Crispin Glover is the perfect creepy dude for the part..........

C.H.U.D. 02-01-03 01:29 AM

I was very excited when I first heard of this movie, being a Crispin Glover fan, but after seeing that trailer, my excitment level is 100 times higher. I can't wait to see this!

soxrule 02-01-03 01:34 AM

He was creepy in Like mike. :lol:

ChefWinduAZ 02-01-03 02:40 AM

I never saw the original film but this looks like it is worth a shot. Great use of Smashing Pumpkins in the trailer.

darkflounder 02-01-03 02:42 AM

OMG!! R Lee Ermey!! I am so stoked to see this. The original was kinda cheesy, this one looks absolutely creepy and awesome. The part in the trailer when the elevator doors open, and rats pour out with Crispin standing chest deep in rats. OMG!!

I can now honestly say that I'd rather see that movie than see Matrix 2.

Seen the poster? Got it as my desktop graphic, creepy!

G. Noel Gross 02-01-03 11:02 AM

You know that tingly feeling Lord of the Rings fans get in their loins in anticipation of each installment? Multiply it buy a factor of 100 and you may begin to comprehend my personal elation in regard to this remake. Crispin Glover aping Anthony Perkins. CGI instability. Kitty cat in peril. R. Lee Ermey in a ridiculous wig. Forget Matrix Recycled. This is my most anticipated flick of the year.

greatjedi 02-01-03 11:39 AM

I'm getting all tingly just waiting for it to download. Dang I wish I had a broadband connection.

greatjedi 02-01-03 12:06 PM

SWEET mother of Abraham Lincoln!!!!! I can't wait to see this movie! Crispin Glover as Willard has to be the best casting choice ever!!!

RichC2 02-01-03 03:53 PM

It looks alright, but hey - Laura Harring is in it, if I get bored i can just flash back to Mulholland Drive and all will be well.

(and for some reason she pulls off that classy film vixen look off perfectly.)

Trigger 02-01-03 04:16 PM

Caught the trailer at Final Destination 2 and got all excited. The original was classic... wonder if there will be a sequel to this remake as well. anyway, I'm all about seeing this film for all the reasons stated so far.

Charlie Goose 02-02-03 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
The original was classic... wonder if there will be a sequel to this remake as well.
*snaps fingers*
I got it! Haley Joey Osmond or whatever his name is as the kid. We can play it cheap on the soundtrack and get the frizzy head that came in second on American Idol to do the title tune. Here's the extra kick....Robin Williams as the voice of Ben! It can't miss I tell ya, it can't miss!

Crispin Glover is going to be great in Willard. I can't wait to see it.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Trigger 02-03-03 07:11 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
*snaps fingers*
I got it! Haley Joey Osmond or whatever his name is as the kid. We can play it cheap on the soundtrack and get the frizzy head that came in second on American Idol to do the title tune. Here's the extra kick....Robin Williams as the voice of Ben! It can't miss I tell ya, it can't miss!

Crispin Glover is going to be great in Willard. I can't wait to see it.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Son, I like the cut of your jib... *snaps* I think your pitch was smashing! I know a good thing when I see it and I wanna invest MILLIONS into this project. Shooting will start immediately. *lights cigar* I'll have my secretary draw up the paperwork first thing in the morning. *shakes your hand vigorously* You've got a bright future ahead of you, kid.

Jazzbutcher 02-03-03 08:25 AM

Awesome!

Crispin Glover is perfect for this. IMHO, the original was good too.
I remember staying up late to watch it on TV when I was a kid.

greatjedi 02-03-03 10:50 AM

I've watched this trailer like 5 times now. :D

Kal-El 02-03-03 11:20 AM

I saw the trailer with The Recruit and it was creepy. So there was an original? Why's everyone gushing over this? What am I missing?

Rypro 525 02-03-03 03:16 PM

is this the movie
Spoiler:
with all of the rats
since I had people next to me at biker boyz freaking out at the sight.

cliffzig 02-09-03 12:27 AM

I work at the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington DC. I can't wait to see this movie. (Although some people may think it'll give the hotel bad publicity)

the narrator 02-09-03 01:32 AM

I thought this movie sounded kindof dumb at first...now i think it looks interesting. Crispin Glover does appear to be good for this role.

DRG 02-09-03 01:48 AM

I really hope Crispin Glover makes an appearance on Letterman when promoting this... if anyone remembers his legend 80s appearance you'll know why. :)

As for the trailer, wow! However the movie turns out, this is one phenomenal trailer... my favorite Pumpkins tune + creepy Crispin + killer rats!

Ryoko 02-09-03 01:55 AM

...kind of off-topic, but does anyone know the name of the Smashing Pumpkins song played in the trailer?

Judge Smails 02-09-03 01:59 AM

Originally posted by DRG
I really hope Crispin Glover makes an appearance on Letterman when promoting this... if anyone remembers his legend 80s appearance you'll know why. :)

best Letterman moment ever.

Saw the trailer tonight, and my first thought at seeing Crispin Glover was "this one's gonna' stink". But I quickly changed my mind. I'm really looking foward to Willard now.

Trigger 02-09-03 05:29 AM

I thought Crispin was banned for life from David Letterman's show. Well, it's a different show now, so maybe he's not anymore. :/

Obey The D 02-09-03 09:02 AM

Originally posted by Ryoko
...kind of off-topic, but does anyone know the name of the Smashing Pumpkins song played in the trailer?
It's "Bullet with Butterfly Wings", which can be found on the Pumkin's "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness".

joeydaninja 02-20-03 03:31 AM

the trailer looks great.

will be one of the great monster flicks in awhile.

okay, i'll bite, what happened at the letterman show?