Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Britney Spears Goes To Sundance

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-28-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BRITNEY Spears, movie critic? The belly-baring pop tart caused a stir during a Sundance Festival screening of Robert Downey Jr.ís "The Singing Detective" when she and her large entourage walked out 45 minutes into the flick. Spears later told a PAGE SIX spy, "The official line is we had our schedules mixed up, so we had to leave, but I didnít like the movie . . . Sundance is weird. The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them."

from the New York Post
Old 01-28-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Supposedly her entourage was loud, and talked on their cell phones. What the hell is she doing at Sundance?
Old 01-28-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't stand her!
Old 01-28-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Britney Spears on anything that requires an IQ higher than 75:

Old 01-28-03, 02:43 PM
Banned

The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them."
Oh my God! Don't you just, like, hate that? I was so totally going to say the same thing.

Hey Britany any time you feel like opening that mouth of yours, just shut up and keep sucking.
Old 01-28-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

How people find this dingbat sexy completely eludes me -- the pillow talk would be absolutely insufferable.
Old 01-28-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Britney Spears Goes To Sundance

Originally posted by Blaster1
"The official line is we had our schedules mixed up, so we had to leave, but I didnít like the movie . . . Sundance is weird. The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them."
I really don't think she would say that. She can't be that stupid.

"Sundance is weird"?

I just can't believe it. She may seem like an idiot, but this is a stretch.

Where she is now, getting all the heat, I don't think she would want to put more on herself.
Old 01-28-03, 04:45 PM

like it or not, she seems to be somewhat stereotypical of her generation. I work with a lot of young people her age, and the concepts "thinking" and "entertainment" are mutually exclusive to them. I am sure that her and her entourage would probably love a screening of Kangaroo Jack.

I know that this is painting with a broad brush, but this is the majority of what I see in the classroom/campus. Thank goodness that in a morass of people like this, the exceptions to the rule "stick out" like beacons.

-doc
Old 01-28-03, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TomReagan
....................the pillow talk would be absolutely insufferable

Pillow Talk? If I had Britney Spears in my bed, there would be NO pillow talk.
Old 01-28-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Time to find some new hot producers to jock, Britney. Here's what you say when anyone asks you anything: "I loved it!" Can you remember that, sweetie?
Old 01-28-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh, Britney.....

i'd do her!!

Old 01-28-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by ChemDoc
like it or not, she seems to be somewhat stereotypical of her generation. I work with a lot of young people her age, and the concepts "thinking" and "entertainment" are mutually exclusive to them. I am sure that her and her entourage would probably love a screening of Kangaroo Jack.

I know that this is painting with a broad brush, but this is the majority of what I see in the classroom/campus. Thank goodness that in a morass of people like this, the exceptions to the rule "stick out" like beacons.

-doc
ChemDoc,

I am 18 years old. This is my generation. I would never disrespect something that would make me look like an idiot in print. Hopefully anyone over the age of 13 knows that.
Old 01-28-03, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them.

A complete contrast to your fine movie, right Ms. Spears?

I'm not that much older than Chesty McBoobs, and i dont completly wallow around in pointless teen movies and other such films that require no brain.

All young'uns arent dumb.

Last edited by UAIOE; 01-28-03 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-28-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Blaster1
"The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them."

Old 01-28-03, 05:53 PM

yeah, i'm in that generation too, and wouldn't do something as idiotic to leave a movie in the middle, especially at sundance. c'mon the sole purpose is movies and you are going to disrespect that which is core. i thought the movie theater thread was bad, but seriously that is in the public eye at an extremely notorious movie festival.
Old 01-28-03, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, it's from the New York Post, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

It does, however, remind me of Linda Ronstadt walking out on a Ramones show at CBGB's in 1977, complaining to a Rolling Stone reporter, "that's not rock 'n roll, Mick Jagger is rock 'n roll".

Then again, it's from Rolling Stone, so I would take that with a grain of salt, too.
Old 01-28-03, 08:30 PM

Originally posted by devilpants
Well, it's from the New York Post, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

It does, however, remind me of Linda Ronstadt walking out on a Ramones show at CBGB's in 1977, complaining to a Rolling Stone reporter, "that's not rock 'n roll, Mick Jagger is rock 'n roll".

Then again, it's from Rolling Stone, so I would take that with a grain of salt, too.
and i will take joey ramone anyway you can serve him.
Old 01-28-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does this mean DeepDiscountDVD won't be getting an order for "Brazil (Criterion Collection)" from Britney any time soon?
Old 01-28-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by devilpants
Does this mean DeepDiscountDVD won't be getting an order for "Brazil (Criterion Collection)" from Britney any time soon?
"That was so gross! That guy had poop in his suit..."
Old 01-28-03, 09:57 PM
Banned

Pics?
Old 01-29-03, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"My name is Britney Spears, and I'm the biggest idiot ever!"
Old 01-29-03, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Except for the somewhat silly reply, which may or may not be true, i don't see anything wrong with this. So she didn't really like the movie and had other plans, big deal. I wouldn't walk away from a movie because i've ususally paid good money to see it. But hell, if she thinks it sucks and has better things to do, all the more power to her. I don't see why it being Sundance makes it all the more wrong. Movies may be an artform, but if you don't like it, there's no reason to sit and watch it... its like staring at a picture you find ugly in a museum, but forcing yourself to do so because its a museum.

And so Britney doesn't prefer movies that make you think. Big whoop. There's nothing wrong with prefering mindless action or comedy flicks. That's entertainment that many people enjoy. Naturally, she gets flack because she's a big star... but she's J6P, whats the big deal on that? Personally, i think the attitudes on this forum get a bit too condescending.
Old 01-29-03, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How people find this dingbat sexy completely eludes me -- the pillow talk would be absolutely insufferable.
It's not polite to talk with your mouth full anyway.
Old 01-29-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She is an untalented moron. Someone needs to shove a cell phone up her bum!
Old 01-29-03, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Originally posted by fumanstan
Except for the somewhat silly reply, which may or may not be true, i don't see anything wrong with this. So she didn't really like the movie and had other plans, big deal. I wouldn't walk away from a movie because i've ususally paid good money to see it. But hell, if she thinks it sucks and has better things to do, all the more power to her. I don't see why it being Sundance makes it all the more wrong. Movies may be an artform, but if you don't like it, there's no reason to sit and watch it... its like staring at a picture you find ugly in a museum, but forcing yourself to do so because its a museum.

And so Britney doesn't prefer movies that make you think. Big whoop. There's nothing wrong with prefering mindless action or comedy flicks. That's entertainment that many people enjoy. Naturally, she gets flack because she's a big star... but she's J6P, whats the big deal on that? Personally, i think the attitudes on this forum get a bit too condescending.
The part of this that bothers me is that not only did this clueless twat come to Sundance (a gathering of indie filmmakers and indie film fans, thinkers all), but that she then also committed the greatest sin in a movie theater by disturbing the viewing experience of the rest of the audience. One person getting up is okay, that is a small, quiet distraction. But an entourage?!?!? Bad manners, massive ego trip, incompetent personal assistant, whatever. Back in the good old days people were more civil to each other, felt more personal responsibility for their actions, and just behaved better. My head hurts. [/rant]

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.