Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I Saw A Curious Trailer Today

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-28-03, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to see The Pianist today and before the feature, as usual, they played the usual trailers before the show. But one really struck me odd (in a good way) because the picture looked like a digital picture from a DLP projector. The trailer was for "The Shape of Things" the new film by Neil La Bute. I've seen DLP projected trailers and movies before; Star Wars Episode I and Monsters Inc. The first thing that was odd was the fact that while the other trailers were projected at about 1.85:1 this trailer was projected in 2.35:1. Almost a 1/3 of the top of the screen was blank. The colors were much deeper richer and the details were much better defined compared to the other trailers that preceded and came after.

I guess its not that big of a deal. Perhaps they were just trying it out but when I saw that trailer I wished the rest of the trailers and feature were projected that way as well. I wished they didn't tease me like that.

Anyways, The Pianist is an awesome film.

Last edited by Ian11; 01-28-03 at 03:42 AM.