Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why do people hate Porky's Revenge so much?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was hilarious....and I liked it as much as the other two...but I noticed it was on the IMDB bottom 100...and I guess a DVD of this is out of the question.
Old 01-27-03, 08:23 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want this DVD as well. I thought it was strange Fox would release a single disc of Porky's 1, then a double feature disc of Porky's 1 and 2. Why not just release Porky's 2 & 3 as the double disc since there was already a single disc of #1? Ah well, we can always hope.
Old 01-28-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
The original release of "Porky's" wasn't 16:9 enhanced. Probably why the re-released it.

Does seem sort of weird that they'd release the first two and not the third, though. It does sort of have a bad reputation, but that doesn't usually prevent other studios from releasing everything in the series. I mean, Paramount put out Friday the Thirteenth Part VIII with all of the others. Or Godfather III. Or Universal put out all three BTTF movies in a single boxed set.

Hmm. Maybe Fox should've gone the boxed set route and forced everyone to buy Part III.

But P3 really wasn't that awful, even though it was lesser of the Porky's flicks.
Old 01-28-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On a Side note, why haven't they released the other Revenge of the Nerds movies? If they put them on a flipper, like they did to Porky's 1/2 and Revenge of the Nerds 1/2 for $15.00, I am sure many people would buy them. This would also hold true for Meatballs.
Old 01-28-03, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come On, we have DVDs of Psychos II - IV and we don't have one of Porky's Revenge? Wake Up, Hollywood!!!