DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Matrix Super Bowl Ad (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/266571-matrix-super-bowl-ad.html)

jaeufraser 01-26-03 05:58 PM

Matrix Super Bowl Ad

Ok, I thought the Hulk looked pretty good. But regarding the new Matrix trailer, which had a lot more than the Japanese trailer I have one thing to say...

Wow.

Robert 01-26-03 06:00 PM

<i>Remember Me? Mr Anderson?</i>

Father Merrin 01-26-03 06:03 PM

Double WOW!!

Amadeus 01-26-03 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Robert
<i>Remember Me? Mr Anderson?</i>
No.Not really.;)

Man it looked great.I can't wait for these.

UWSarge 01-26-03 06:07 PM

It's online now too.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co..._trailers.html

Liver&Onions 01-26-03 06:09 PM

Man that was sweet. It was MUCH better than the Japanese add. Anyone notice any of the "new effects" that they used? I didn't think i noticed much,

Coral 01-26-03 06:11 PM

Same old, same old.

Terrell 01-26-03 06:13 PM

Same old, same old.
I have to agree with Coral. Looks like the same thing we got from the first. Same story, same fights, same look, same movie. But here's hoping it will be different in some way. Effects looked great.

jaeufraser 01-26-03 06:20 PM

Well considering that the spot didn't really tell us anything about the story...I don't think it looks like same ol at all. I don't remeber bullet time fights with 30 Agent Smiths, freeway chases with agents jumping and destroying cars, and Neo flying around (cept for the very end). I mean, it is the Matrix...I'd hope it retains the look and style...but it looks like a lot more to me. I for one...am extremely impressed. But to each his own.

Terrell 01-26-03 06:23 PM

Well, I'll certainly be there to see it. I liked the first one. But I'll be disappointed if it's the same thing over and over. It looks like a bigger, more expensive Matrix. We'll see.

DVDGUY1116 01-26-03 06:28 PM

I agree with most people in saying WOW for the new Matrix trailer. It was just really cool. I didn't think that it was same old, same old though. I really liked the sequence they showed with Neo taking on all those agents. Actually I think quick clip was the first Glimse at the "new" bullet time called Virtual Cinematography I have been reading about recently. Man May cannot get here fast enough.

Scot1458 01-26-03 06:35 PM

great. More ku-fu, more bullet time, more black wardrobe and black sunglasses...

boring.

Samuel 01-26-03 06:41 PM

Whoa. . . :)

Liked how they bogarted the music from Snatch.

caiman 01-26-03 06:43 PM

I taped it and have already watched it 3 times. I can't wait for this movie.

outcastja 01-26-03 06:50 PM

I didn't like the first Matrix all that much, so I didn't care for the upcoming sequeals, until I saw this trailer.

Simpson Purist 01-26-03 07:16 PM

BEST TV SPOT EVER

May can't come soon enough :D

nchhabra 01-26-03 07:26 PM

can't wait to see it.

Geofferson 01-26-03 07:37 PM

Gets a big :up: from me!

Mourn 01-26-03 08:05 PM

The CGI Neo bugged me, hopefully they r still working on that.

The tech they were using for the cgi ppl sounded better when i read about it then when i saw.

thegame370 01-26-03 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Gets a big :up: from me!
Me Too!!! All i can say is (look at my sig...)

stevek 01-26-03 08:15 PM

Watching the Superbowl in HD. Matrix, Terminator 3, Daredevil, Bad Boys II, Charlie's Angel's, The Recruit, all broadcast in 16X9 HD. Unfortunately, the Hulk was not, which robbed of it of some of its impact on my TV.

Hands down, Matrix was the most impressive.

The commercial for ESPN HD was pretty damn impressive too.

DVD Polizei 01-26-03 08:35 PM

Coral and Terrell,

No new effects? You can't honestly think they would show their upper-hand best effects during a little game of boy's ball would you? That's what the theaters are for!

Trust me. New effects you will see. Mr. Anderson has a few new tricks up the ole black coat.

joltaddict 01-26-03 08:36 PM

Same old same old? Wow, tough crowd. I didnt expect anything too different. I wasnt expecting My Big Fat Greek Matrix.

I loved it.

torrance 01-26-03 08:42 PM

the cgi people looks really weird. i really liked the fact that humans were humans in the first one -- no cgi stuntmen, or whatever. it never looks good enough.

about this virtual cinematagrophy, could someone post more info on it? never heard of it before now.

DVD Smurf 01-26-03 09:01 PM

I really liked Matrix for its story and its philosophy. The question is whether they can get something that remarkable in a sequel, and if it can measure up with the first film. Sure the fight sequence looked very action packed, but fight is a fight. However, it is the story that makes the film. I will wait until I see the film before I give my opinion, I hope they suprise me positively.

Sidenote: I liked the stick fight sequence...