Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What are your guy's thoughts on "The Hours" ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-23-03, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about going to see this with my girlfriend tonight. What do you guys think? Does it live up to all the hype?
Old 01-23-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a decent movie. If you can appreciate a movie with some fine acting, it is strong...but story wise, it's just OK... the movie is alright, but certainly not as good as the awards would suggest... but the leading ladies do a great job.

MATT
Old 01-24-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you want to impress cerebrally on your girlfriend this is the film, and if you want to show yourself being emotional inclined this is the film. No, I am joking. Honestly, I think this is a brilliant film that you should see for what you see and not only for what you hear in the dialogues. The film pretty much gives you three stories interjectinly in a very clever manner that gives you three phases of a story. The written form, the lived form and the ripples after the lived form, I hope this make sense after you have seen the film. Anyway, I recommend the film very strongly, if you disagree after you seen the film feel free to flame me.

Cheers

DVD Smurf