Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Funniest thing youve ever heard said by an audience member at the movies [SPOILERS]

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Funniest thing youve ever heard said by an audience member at the movies [SPOILERS]

Old 01-21-03, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funniest thing youve ever heard said by an audience member at the movies

A friend and I were just remembering some classic one liners we've heard said to the screen at various movies...

The Last Boy Scout - in the end when the bad guy gets diced by the helicopter blades, clearly over the momentary silence - "niiiice cinema"

Judgement Night - in the end when the two dudes are fighting, and the good guy goes momentarily down, an extremely loud guy yelled "Jump kick 'im!" That became an inside joke between my friends and I for years - whenever someone would get in a fight on screen, you can be sure one of us would yell it.

My current favorite - Lord Of The Rings - when Gandolf is spinning on his ear, a guy doing a perfect James Brown impression - "Get down...with your bad self"
Old 01-21-03, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Mister Beefhead
My current favorite - Lord Of The Rings - when Gandolf is spinning on his ear, a guy doing a perfect James Brown impression - "Get down...with your bad self"

i've not even seen the movie and thats funny as hell.

The best from my past movie going experierences:

Myself and a couple of friends went to go see some movie (who knows what) and a promo came on for the Spice Girls movie...well everyone was talking and got quite right as my friend loudly blurted out "What a bunch of Ho's!!"

Funny at the time as everyone in the theater heard it and laughed (he was quite embarrassed that he said it so loudly) but its nothing compared to that James Brown thing....thats comic gold.
Old 01-21-03, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Nothing, the less the audiance talks, the better. If you ask me. I don't want a MST3K experience when I pay 10 bucks for a movie.
Old 01-21-03, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Nothing, the less the audiance talks, the better. If you ask me. I don't want a MST3K experience when I pay 10 bucks for a movie.
Old 01-21-03, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When I saw Deep Blue Sea in a near-empty audiotorium, someone yelled "REWIND!" after Sam Jackson's wonderful speech/death.
Old 01-21-03, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

During The Nightmare Before Christmas after Jack said "I am the Pumpkin King!" some dude yelled out "the hell you are, I am!"
Old 01-21-03, 08:25 AM

Before a screening of GONY, the crowd let out a collective groan while watching the T3 trailer. Right when the trailer/music died down, some guy behind me said, "La cagaron", which got most of the theater laughing.

If you don't speak Spanish, then this post will make absolutely no sense.
Old 01-21-03, 08:44 AM

When I went to see The Hurricane with Denzel Washington, one of the trailers was for Play it to the Bone with Antonio Banderas and Woody Harrelson. The woman behind me said to her friend, in all seriousness, "I thought this was the movie we were going to see!"

She made serveral more remarks during the film. The best was when Washington is in prison and things aren't looking so good. She says to her friend "Well, this movie isn't uplifting AT ALL!"
Old 01-21-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

When I saw Oliver Stone's JFK in the theater:
After Oswald is shot by Jack Ruby, the person behind said: "Does he die?"
Old 01-21-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

When I first saw The Matrix on opening night (by myself) there was a large crowd excited for the movie. After the blistering opening sequences (and the exact moment when Trinity jumps the rooftop and lands through a window) one older gentlemen stood up, gestured wildly at the screen and said, "YEAH! That's ma b*tch!"

Old 01-21-03, 09:11 AM
Banned

EPISODE II: Attack of the Clones.

During the scene where Anniken is telling Natalie Portman how much he loves her, blah, blah and says, "you're torturing me!" Someone yelled out, "How do you think WE feel??!!"
Old 01-21-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

cant remember the movie but my b'friend and i were sitting patiently waiting for the movie to start and of course, it was delayed slightly. from behind us we heard the biggest sounding redneck yell "how bout a f****** movie already!" the whole audience starting laughing.

not really a comment at a specific film but it was funny as hell when it happened!
Old 01-21-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't say it very loud, but in FOTR, in the scene when they enter Lothlorien, Gimli says the woods are guarded by an elf witch. In my best homer voice, I leaned over to my friend and said "mmmm, elf-wich"
Old 01-21-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Gioman
Before a screening of GONY, the crowd let out a collective groan while watching the T3 trailer. Right when the trailer/music died down, some guy behind me said, "La cagaron", which got most of the theater laughing.

If you don't speak Spanish, then this post will make absolutely no sense.
Well..for those of us who don't speak spanish...can you tell us what it means?
Old 01-21-03, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Hey, generally I agree 100%, but when seeing movies as bunk as Judgement Night or the Last Boy Scout in the dollar theater, a little humor is more than welcome.

As for the LOTR comment...it was just too funny to feel annoyed about.
Old 01-21-03, 10:27 AM

I remember seeing "Halloween 6" and this guy was practically yelling at the screen about how stupid the characters were, needless the say he was more entertaining than the movie itself.
Old 01-21-03, 10:38 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Originally posted by The Bus
When I first saw The Matrix on opening night (by myself) there was a large crowd excited for the movie. After the blistering opening sequences (and the exact moment when Trinity jumps the rooftop and lands through a window) one older gentlemen stood up, gestured wildly at the screen and said, "YEAH! That's ma b*tch!"
At the same scene after Trinity jumps thru the window and points the guns, my friend next to me says to her "marry me!"

Also at the VERY beginning of Titanic when the paramount logo shows that white mountain i shouted out "GAAH ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD!"
Old 01-21-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Zodo
Well..for those of us who don't speak spanish...can you tell us what it means?
Toned down, it means "They messed up." but literally it means "They defecated."
Old 01-21-03, 11:41 AM

It wasn't very funny but when I saw Predator in the theatre the guy behind me kept exclaiming:

"Sheeeit, dat's infa-red, man. Man, he see all kinda sh*t wit da infa-red".
Old 01-21-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Single White Female, when Jennifer Jason Leigh sneaks in and errrrrr ahhh lets keep this PG here.. so lets say "heads south" on this guy and it's over in like 3 seconds my friend goes

"Wow she must be really good!"

and then these 3 girls in front of us just lose it and look back at us in total shock..
Old 01-21-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At a repertory cinema screening of Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive,
Spoiler:
when the cop's wife and daughter get blown up
, a lady in front of of me whispered to her friend: "Well now they've gone too far."
LOL, I guess the
Spoiler:
bestiality
scene and the scene where
Spoiler:
the girl gets drowned in the kiddie pool full of her own feces
were only barely pushing the envelope for her.
Old 01-21-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When I went to a screening of Empire Strikes Back in 2001, in the part where Luke is shouting for R2 in the Dagobah swamp yelling, "R2!? R2?!", in between, some of us would yell back, "Am not!...Am not!"
Old 01-21-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

New Jack City, when Ice-T decides not to kill Wesley Snipes. Some Guy in the back of the theatre yells, "Give me the gun, I'll shoot him!"

Trailer for the new Center of the Earth movie. "I liked it better when it was called Armageddon"

AI, when Teddy pulls the mom's hair from his stomach. "Teddy, you da man!"

I don't remember the trailer, some sequel to some movie, at the end when the title came up "You gotta be kidding me!"

D
Old 01-21-03, 12:49 PM
Banned

When I went to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back the theater showed a preview for "O" the movie with Julia Stiles. Well I couldn't resist and had to bust out with my Office Space reference, "I gave her my 'O' face. Oh, Oh, Ohh!"

Forturnately for me some of the people in the theater got the joke.
Old 01-21-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
This is more of a "Dumb things that are funny." My friend and I went to see "Adaptation" last week and the preview for "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" came on, playing the song "Who are you?" by the Who. My friend is a huge Who fan and mockingly said "Oooh, the C.S.I. Theme song." seconds later the guy behind us blurts out to his wife: "It's the C.S.I. song!" No sarcasm, no joking.

The movie opens with huge letters that say "ON THE SET OF BEING JOHN MALCOVICH"

About three minutes later the guy said: "Hey, that's the John Malcovich movie."

I guess the ten foot high letters announcing it didn't clue him in.

Also when I saw Gosford Park a senile old man behind me kept adding "Cheerio!" to every sentance spoken.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.