Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

World breaths sigh of reilef: Carvey says no Master of Disguise 2

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-20-03, 03:53 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From IGN:

Are there plans for more Master of Disguise movies?

Carvey: I don't know. I don't know if I could physically do it. I was there at 2:30 or 3:00, five, six hours of makeup, and then a fourteen-hour day because we didn't have that many days to shoot it, you know?

I mean, I found out about this other super movie star. He only works from like 11:00 to 4:00 so all his movies take like 120 days. But this was a lot of stuff to do in like 35 days. You know? That was the hardest I've ever had to work. Because you just don't sleep, you know? I mean, I don't know if Eddie Murphy's really anxious to do a multi-character movie again. I mean, they're hard, you know?

I'd like to do one where I just do maybe three characters or two or something. But it was something real special. I've never known fatigue like that.
If you're even vaugly interested how Carvey justifies the rest of the movie - go on over here:
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/382/382932p1.html] [/URL]
Old 01-20-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I doubt any studio would support him in making it to begin with.
Old 01-20-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can't imagine anyone would actually propose such a film ... though the #1 film this week is about an animated kangaroo ...
Old 01-20-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i agree.. i don't think any studio would greenlight it even if Carvey wanted to do it
Old 01-20-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps he just wanted to go out on a high note...
Old 01-20-03, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by silentbob007
I can't imagine anyone would actually propose such a film ... though the #1 film this week is about an animated kangaroo ...
And it will reign supreme at the box office for weeks to come since there will be no "Master of Disguise 2: Turtle-Turtle-Turtle" to dethrone it. That is unless there is an upcoming craptacular adventure involving a talking CGI dingo with music by Lil Bow Wow and Eminem that I haven't heard about yet.
Old 01-20-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by the narrator
i agree.. i don't think any studio would greenlight it even if Carvey wanted to do it
I wouldn't be so sure... the original only cost 16million and made over $40...figure in that it's going to do some decent video sales, and I think a sequel could have been a legitamate idea... but I hope it never happens... Master of Disguise was one of the worst movie's I have ever seen in my entire life.

MATT
Old 01-20-03, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by mdc3000
I wouldn't be so sure... the original only cost 16million and made over $40...figure in that it's going to do some decent video sales, and I think a sequel could have been a legitamate idea... but I hope it never happens... Master of Disguise was one of the worst movie's I have ever seen in my entire life.

MATT
wait a sec, you're not allowed to critique a movie if you've actually seen it ....
Old 01-20-03, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whew - close call. {wipes brow}
Old 01-20-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He seems awful oblivious to the fact that his movie is such an unintentional laughingstock. Also, for someone who's as into DVDs as him, you'd think he'd care it's Pan & Scan only.
Old 01-20-03, 09:13 PM

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I saw some enjoyable moments in the movie, and I think Jennifer Esposito is although I didn't remember where I had seen her before until now (Spin City.)
Old 01-20-03, 10:17 PM

He'll change his mind when he realizes Mike Myers isn't going to call him up to do Wayne's World 3 any time soon.