Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

cowboy bebop episodes - does order matter? (please no spoilers)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-20-03, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i own the 1st dvd and rented/watched the second, but i am curious if the order matters for the viewing of episodes, as i have rentals for the 4th and third dvd out of order. should i watch the third before the fourth? or does it matter. a friend told me i should definately watch the 2nd before the rest because
Spoiler:
ed comes in the second disc, and would be there through the rest of the series
is there anything similar that happens in disc three that i shouldn't watch disc 4 because of? tia.
Old 01-20-03, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bebop is very episodic so you can watch most of the series out of order but it definetly helps to watch them in order. make sure you see episode 5, Ballad of Fallen Angels before you watch the last two episodes. ep5 and the last two are the real continuing story behind Bebop. the series is so good if you like the first disc buy the rest and watch them in order.
Old 01-20-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would strongly suggest watching them in order.

Why? just cause. it's not that each episode stands alone, they all work into each other little by litttle or atleast you get some good idea from the last one. I would suggest watching them in order.
Old 01-20-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts
I would say watch them in order, because otherwise you'd have to much information that would spoil the series if you saw
Spoiler:
the intergalactic pie fight
out of sequence.
Old 01-20-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I think they should be watched in order as well. While most episodes work just fine out of order, there just a few things here and there that allude to past episodes.
Old 01-20-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 645 Likes on 445 Posts
I would recommend watching them in order as well. There are definately a few "arc" episodes that need to be seen in order.

However, I would reccomend skipping the first episode, or at least refrain from judging the series based on it. I found it to be pretty damn bad.
Old 01-20-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
See them in order. There's a few episodes that can stand alone, but overall you don't want to be out of order.