Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Russell Crowe and Selma Hayek made a movie together?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-03, 09:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching "Access Hollywood" and at the end they mentioned that tommorow they are going show some clips of these two stars. Does anyone know what movie Russell Crowe and Selma Hayek did together? What's the plot? Any "hot" scenes between them? Also is this film out on DVD?

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!
Old 01-06-03, 10:13 PM

The movie was called Breaking Up. I don't believe it has been released on DVD. I am a serious Russell Crowe fan, but have opted not to watch this movie based on the almost universally bad user reviews it has garnered. Some people did say it was worth watching if you are willing to watch Crowe or Hayeck in anything, regardless of quality.

I like these quotes:

"Honestly, I watched this movie for Russell Crowe. If that's why you're here, rent the movie and watch the first ten minutes. After he's finished licking Salma Hayek's toes, hit rewind, then play. Repeat a dozen times, then return the movie. The story is sour and depressing, and follows a doomed relationship."

"It is eerily reminiscent of “When Harry Met Sally” but not as cute or entertaining."
Old 01-07-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I saw the film on VHS quite a few years back, and it was totally forgettable. The DVD has a release date of today, January 7th.