DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   whats after LOTR and Matrix ? a big hangover ?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/260708-whats-after-lotr-matrix-big-hangover.html)

caipirina 12-31-02 07:09 PM

whats after LOTR and Matrix ? a big hangover ??

People .. I already dread the end of next year (wait, THIS year, 2003) .. by the end we will have witnessed the matrix 2 and 3 and the final chapter of LOTR ... and what then ??? I am full of fear already ... what are other people looking fwd to ??

harry potter ? hmm .. 2 was better than 1 .. but still .. yawn ..

Star Wars: attack of episode 3 ??? hmmm ... another big hmmm ... 2005 .. yeah, sure i will watch that ..

Spiderman 2 ... ok .. let it come .. but not overly excited ,..

I just don;t see anything that excited me as much as LOTR on the horizon ...

well .. please make "the hobbit" in a way that it fits the LOTR look and feel .. i know it is not that grand epic ... and it does not have to be Peter Jackson (he would suffice as exec producer) .. but please ...

ok .. what else ??

RoyalTea 12-31-02 07:20 PM

star wars: episode III: vader kills all

even lucas won't be able to **** it up.

Corvin 12-31-02 08:26 PM

Originally posted by RoyalTea
star wars: episode III: vader kills all

even lucas won't be able to **** it up.

How much are you willing to bet?

Terrell 12-31-02 09:48 PM

How much are you willing to bet?
Don't know, but I am willing to bet people like you who've already made up your mind that it will get screwed up will find something to bitch about even if it isn't. That's why when Star Wars is done it will be nice not to hear you babies whine and moan. ;)

Blaster1 12-31-02 09:52 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Anakin won't even turn into Vader until the end of Episode 3.

meritocracy 01-01-03 01:56 AM

I'm simply looking forward to people who look forward to pictures which aren't sequels.

Just my 2 cents.

Calculon 01-01-03 03:52 AM

Kill Bill

Corvin 01-01-03 10:29 AM

Originally posted by Terrell
Don't know, but I am willing to bet people like you who've already made up your mind that it will get screwed up will find something to bitch about even if it isn't. That's why when Star Wars is done it will be nice not to hear you babies whine and moan. ;)
Dogmatism is a sad, sad thing.

caipirina 01-01-03 03:01 PM

oh, yes... KILL BILL is a good one !!!

but please let's not turn this into yet another star wars thread ...

:)

happy new year

theneobez 01-01-03 04:07 PM

There'll be some sort of creative burst, I dunno, don't count on big blockbuster sequels in 2004, but count on great films still coming out.

Rypro 525 01-01-03 04:31 PM

i really really wanna see kill bill as well.

edstein 01-02-03 04:51 PM

Indiana Jones

CitizenKaneRBud 01-02-03 04:58 PM

If you're talking about bigger productions, Mel Gibson seems to have an interest Epic in the making with The Passion. There's also Anthony Minghella's Cold Mountain. As far as genre films are concerned, right now is a great period for those films. After LOTR and Matrix however, expect a lot of similarly themed mediocre work.

funkyryno 01-02-03 05:26 PM

Alexander the Great (but with Baz Luhrman directing and Leo as Alexander, this could turn into a turd)

But Oliver Stone's Alexander which was recently greenlighted, should be a lot better. Colin Farrel will play Alexander

Gates of Fire

the Mad Max sequel

Troy

Batman: Year One Hopefully, not featuring Eminem.

Frank Miller's Hardboiled David Fincher is thinking about making this movie.

Aaron Amos 01-02-03 07:05 PM

More independent films, anime and foreign movies playing at movie theaters?

funkyryno 01-03-03 02:35 AM

more letters to the editor

Deftones 01-03-03 04:49 AM

What about X2 this year, or the Hulk