Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Funny Black Knight review found on Amazon

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-30-02, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

From the Ashes Arises a Mighty Phoenix of Laughter and Love
Reviewer: A viewer from New York, NY

Smoke; fire; pain; misery; defeat; the planes crash into the seemingly indestructible towers, bringing their dominance over the Manhattan skyline to a premature end.

I stare at the television screen unable to mask horror thrust upon my face, unable remove the terrifying images that have burned into my retinas. I shut my eyes in order to hide the terror; however, the horrifying ordeal is merely reenacted from within the realms of my own dementia.

In attempts to escape the terror building inside me, I gently flip the channels on my television; however, with each new station comes a whole new set of cursed images. The gentleness of my changing of channels takes on a sense of urgency as I frantically search for salvation. Just when I think my emancipation from evil will never occur, my prayers come answered. A movie is placed upon my screen. A movie depicting funny African American fellow dressed up in a New York Jets jersey and a shiny suite of armor.

I begin to laugh from the get-go; his Champlin-like antics scratch me where I itch. The once seemingly permanent macabre images of death and destruction are replaced by fanciful depictions of a feudal past long forgotten. I sit in awe of the film, not only for its beautiful sets, but also for the comedy genius of Martin Lawrence. His brandish form of humor gives my body strong dosage of much needed laughter.

This film, Black Knight, was there for me when I needed it most. It threw me a life preserver when I was drowning in a sea of despair. Since 9-11 I have watched the film over 352 times and counting. Each viewing brings me to that same state of bliss where all the evils in the world go away. I just wish the demons would stop returning after those 95 minutes of cinematic pleasure are over.
Old 12-30-02, 01:04 PM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
"Since 9-11 I have watched the film over 352 times and counting. "

This should be used as a method of torture.
Old 12-30-02, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just concerned that you were actually looking at Black Knight on Amazon. (And don't pretend that someone else told you to look there for a funny review!)
Old 12-30-02, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya