Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Did anyone watch Charlie Rose last night?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-02, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They had Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood and Viggo Mortensen on. Viggo was wearing a shirt that said, “No More Blood for Oil” and was given a brief forum to denounce corporate warfare while Jackson and Wood looked seriously uncomfortable.

His primary stance was that he was sick of the comparisons of Helms Deep to current world affairs and that if anything Sarumon reflected the actions of the U.S. more than that of terrorist nations. Then Rose looked right at Wood and asked him if he agreed with everything that Mortensen had just said. He basically gulped and clumsily evaded the question.

I was rolling.

Flame away, but I thought Mortensen was eloquent and courageous and I pretty much agreed with him. I’ve been dreading the inevitable comparisons
Spoiler:
what with the Uruk suicide bomber and all
and was stoked that at least one cast member felt the same way.
Old 12-20-02, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It must have been a rebroadcast because we discussed it a couple weeks ago. I appreciate that a show like Charlie Rose is on because it does let the audience get indepth thoughts and feelings from his guests. Some people felt that it was totally inappropriate for Mortensen to air his political feelings on the show, but it's not Jay Leno.

Oh, and here's the other thread you may want to look at:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...t=charlie+rose
Old 12-20-02, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks

I had no idea it was a rebroadcast. (I'm usually so good about searching first.)