Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sarah Connor is the KEY Figure In Terminator Series!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this messge deserves its own thread because it has nothing to do with the T3 trailer. IMHO Sarah Connor is what makes the Terminator series great. You see her start off T1 as a weak girl that gets pushed around by everybody, she is then subject to all this horrible mind boggling stuff and she becomes KICK ASS in T2. The ending scene of T1, with her in the jeep, is just awesome. Basically, you get a full fledged story arc.

Another reason why T3 will fail..it needs SARAH CONNOR!!!!!
Old 12-19-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: Sarah Connor is the KEY Figure In Terminator Series!!!!

Originally posted by chanster
Another reason why T3 will fail..it needs SARAH CONNOR!!!!!

I agree, except I'm sure T3 will make barges full of cash regardless.

The fact that I have an undying crush on Linda Hamilton does not effect my decision in any way
Old 12-19-02, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
This may sound completely juvenile, but Sarah Connor has to bear her breasts again in the third one, just like she did in the first.

But she's not in the third, so the dream will just have to live on!
Old 12-19-02, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Well maybe the T-X will get nekkid? The X has to stand for something.
Old 12-19-02, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I heard there is an opening scene where she walks down the street naked ala Arnold
Old 12-19-02, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh. The first and second story might have had her change from weak to strong, but from the second, I can say that the torch was passed down to her son since he is now the main focus and thats fine with me.

Am I the only one going to actually give this movie a chance to show me if it's good or not?
Old 12-19-02, 05:34 PM
Suspended

I am too, I can't wait I think it looks great from the trailer, all the purists cry every time there's a sequel or prequel
Old 12-19-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Eh. The first and second story might have had her change from weak to strong, but from the second, I can say that the torch was passed down to her son since he is now the main focus and thats fine with me.

Good point Jackskeleton.
Old 12-19-02, 06:24 PM
Banned

I agree that she should be a key figure but Linda Hamilton passed after Sarah was written as a victim.
The whole idea of T3 is to make money. The story ended. Period.
Old 12-19-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by necros
I am too, I can't wait I think it looks great from the trailer, all the purists cry every time there's a sequel or prequel
I'm not a purist, I just think this movie looks horrible. Terminator 1 & 2 were fairly intelligent--the third looks like a brainless romp.

Till again.
Old 12-19-02, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I liked the trailer and plan on giving it a chance even though Cameron isn't involved

Am I the only one going to actually give this movie a chance to show me if it's good or not?
Old 12-19-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
"Terminator 1 & 2 were fairly intelligent--the third looks like a brainless romp."

I agree 100% Just another way to make an easy buck. I have the same feelings with this movie has I did with Jurassic Park 3. POINTLESS. But i'll still go see it of course, as I did JP3 (which I hated, tsk tsk)

Dean
Old 12-20-02, 06:09 PM

I dont like the trailer at all but you never know. This could come out a good movie.
Old 12-20-02, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're one of the few, yes.

As soon as we learned that the villian was going to be a female Terminator babe, my Spidey sense started tingling. I'll obviously go and see it if reviews and word-of-mouth are strong... but there's no way that this is going to be a must-see, opening night type of film. All signs point to suck.
Old 12-20-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I have high hopes for T3. With the director of Beverly Hills Bodysnatchers at the helm, what can possibly go wrong?

Seriously, I think it's going to be good... No, honest.

Old 12-20-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, cause Beverly Hills bodysnatchers was his only works..

he did U-571 which was pretty good. not to mention he directed one of the From the earth to the moon episode, So the guy did a crappy movie once. I can name tons of directors who have had terrible dogs under there belts.

I'm amazed that there is so few that write this up as another cheap way to make money. well duh! what the hell do you think most summer blockbusters are? this is nothing more then what Predator 2 was. a way to continue an already ended story. It should be at the very least a good popcorn flick.

as for sarah conor, yes she was a key figure in the story in one and in two, she could just be considered really a side character. John Connor was really the main focus and the torch was indeed passed to him to carry the story along. eh.
Old 12-20-02, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i thought i read somewhere recently that T3 will be pg-13...is this true? i sure hope not, but they were saying that b/c of that they wont show the female cyborg nude when she arrives in time.
Old 12-21-02, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My "Spidey sense" tells me i'm not going to like this movie very much because Cameron isnt at the helm.

Predator 2 i could see, as there was enough of an opening there for another predator roaming around Earth. T2 really gave me some closure to the series.

I was burned with Jurassic Park 3 and my instinct tell me thats what will happen here.

But i'm sure i will see it on TV or rent the DVD when it comes out....this one doesnt get me thrilled enough to go to the theater.
Old 12-21-02, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I think it was AICN that said T-3 would be rated PG-13.

Don't count on any female nudity in this one. Over the years Hollywood - especially mainstream Hollywood -- has become terribly Republican. The ladies are keeping their clothes on.

My take is this: There never should've been ANY sequels to "The Terminator."

"Terminator 2" was little more than a star vehicle for Arnold and some new-fangled CGI morphing effects. The story did nothing but rehash the plots from the first one. I also dislike the way it attempted to rewrite history by making "Awnuld" the hero instead of the villain. Now that he is (was, more likely) a superstar, he wouldn't be playing the villain.
Old 12-21-02, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I think it was AICN that said T-3 would be rated PG-13.

Don't count on any female nudity in this one. Over the years Hollywood - especially mainstream Hollywood -- has become terribly Republican. The ladies are keeping their clothes on.
it's not that i want female nudity but i sure dont think a terminator film is going to be any good if it is pg-13! and yes i realize a movie can be good if it isnt r-rated but not terminator. of course, the minute i heard they were making a 3rd i figured it would be a huge mistake.
Old 12-21-02, 01:04 PM
Banned

I was gonna give this movie a chance until I saw the trailer. Such a crappy trailer.
Old 12-21-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't know why everyone thinks this movie is going to be so bad. We have only seen a minute or so of it. The rest of it could be great you never know.
Old 12-22-02, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I still say the first 2 weren't that intelligent when you can have a guy send someone into the past to become his father. I just get annoyed when I start to think about time travel plots, but I still enjoyed watching the first two.
I will give this a chance because I try to never discount ANY movie, no matter how bad it looks. I may not run to see it, but if someone suggests it, I'll pretty much watch anything.
Old 12-22-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard Glitter was great...
Old 12-22-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree, too. Terminator series needs Sarah Connor and James Cameron, but, I'll give it a chance because I thoughht the trailer ruled! Maybe something interesting will come about with new characters/situations?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.