Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Quoth Eminem: "I'm Batman!"?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-16-02, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this on Moviehole.net by way of Zentertainment...
According to NW Magazine in Australia, Eminem is up for Batman, yes, but it's not 'Year One'. It's actually "Batman vs Superman" which Alan Horn recently confirmed is still on. Apparently the rappers success in "8 Mile" has made producers confident he'll be able to draw in the crowds for the resurrection of the "Batman" series.

"He's really excited about this chance", an insider told the magazine. "Batman was always his favourite superhero and he hopes that the deal will go through".
Please let this be another 'net rumour...Please let this be another 'net rumour...
Old 12-16-02, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Hopefully he isn't, although I enjoyed Eminem in 8 Mile, I highly doubt he'll make a good Batman.
Old 12-16-02, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Robin, maybe, but not Batman.
Old 12-16-02, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yea his acting in 8 mile was great, but the next Batman should definitely be Brad Pitt. Or maybe the guy from Minority (not Tom Cruise) whose name currently escapes me.
Old 12-16-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by gmal2003
yea his acting in 8 mile was great, but the next Batman should definitely be Brad Pitt. Or maybe the guy from Minority (not Tom Cruise) whose name currently escapes me.
Colin Farrel, who is playing Bullseye in the new DareDevil movie or Neal McDonough who plays DA McNorris on Boomtown?
Old 12-16-02, 08:32 PM
Suspended

This wouldn't work. I just can't see Eminem not playing a 'poor ghetto rapper.' Batman would require him to actually act.
Old 12-16-02, 08:49 PM
Banned

Considering Batman vs Superman is being spearheaded by Brett Ratner I'm not at all surprised. This movie is gonna be awful and it hasn't even been casted yet.
Old 12-16-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People say that Eminem was good in 8 mile, but that's because he was playing himself (as the story, from what I hear on the glorious entertainment tonight is based on his life.)

I guess he'll have to prove himself as an actual actor, though I still won't see it, as I have been disappointed in all the Batman movies except the first one (only saw the first and second and parts of the others though).
Old 12-16-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Ugh. how horrorible. he would make a terrible Batman
Old 12-16-02, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I guess they are going in with the mindset that their version can't possibly be as bad as Schumacher's attempts.

Speaking of Year One, what is the latest on that project? Once I heard Darren Aronofsky was set to direct, I got excited. Since then, I've heard nothing.
Old 12-16-02, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Good god. This is the most horrible show business news I think I've ever heard, aside from Anna Nicole Smith getting her own show. If Eminem gets the part of Batman, I am boycotting Warner Brothers for ever. I will refuse to see any of their movies ever again.
Old 12-16-02, 10:41 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think he could do it, but I'd still see it and give him a chance.

I'm not one for bashing things before I see them, or in this case before it even occurs.

I have serious reservations about it, but I'll withhold any judgement until I see Eminem play this, or even any role other than himself.
Old 12-16-02, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Eminem would be horrible, but so would Brad Pitt. The guy weighs like 150 lbs. and is a bit less than 6 ft. He looks like he's muscular, but that's because he's around 6% body fat. He won't be kicking anybody's ass. Bruce Willis could do it if he was younger and wasn't 'Bruce Willis'. Same for Bruce Campbell, only replace 'Willis' with 'Campbell'.
Old 12-16-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deftones17
Colin Farrel, who is playing Bullseye in the new DareDevil movie or Neal McDonough who plays DA McNorris on Boomtown?
I think more people know Neal McDonough as the pitcher from Disney's Angels in the Outfield. Okay, well they don't.
Old 12-16-02, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I am right up there with Deftones17....horrible.

So....what is he gonna be like....Yo, turn up the engine...we're off to the Cribb.......

we need to make sure Dr.Dre gets a part too!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-02, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This just in, Dom DeLuise is playing Spiderman in the next movie!
Old 12-17-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This piece of news makes even the baby Jesus cry.
Old 12-17-02, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, seriously. The franchise is dead. It doesn't matter WHO plays Batman at this point.
Old 12-17-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone SEEN the last two Batman movies? I think 'good acting' is looked down upon if you want to star in a Batman movie these days.

I think Eminem could do it, but not with the blond hair. He'd need to bulk up some too.
Old 12-17-02, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You have GOT to be kidding me. Um, heck no.
Old 12-17-02, 11:00 AM

just in from left field

now when we speak of an actor playing batman, the thing is he plays batman less than he actually plays Bruce Wayne, and one thing I can not see Eminem do, is play a Millionare playboy.
Am I right on this or way off, YBTJ.
Now Robin is something he could pull off a little better, but I for one do not want to see that, if he had to play a comic book persona, maybe he could be Scarecrow, but honestly I think Batman is a little much for him to tackle right now....

Last edited by raKim; 12-17-02 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-17-02, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: just in from left field

Originally posted by raKim
now when we speak of an actor playing batman, the thing is he plays batman less than he actually plays Bruce Wayne, and one thing I can not see Eminem do, is play a Millionare playboy.
We just need to find someone who has experience being an incredibly wealthy, hedonistic young man who has millions at his hand.

Old 12-17-02, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get it. Batman vs. Superman? Don't they both fight for "Good"? Why would they be set against each other.

OT: Maybe Em could play Lex Luthor. Or the reporter from Superman. Or maybe the Robin idea is best. Robin could have come from the hood.

And it's rather silly to say that Eminem can't play anyone else but himself since he really hasn't tried that in a movie yet. Let's reserve judgment until the movie comes out. Oh wait, maybe it would be best to wait until the news is official. nah.

stoolie
Old 12-17-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tommy_Harn

Speaking of Year One, what is the latest on that project? Once I heard Darren Aronofsky was set to direct, I got excited. Since then, I've heard nothing.

Nothing much is going on, I gather. I checked upcomingmovies.com and it seems like production was originally intended to start in early '03. Then Warner Bros wanted to do Batman v. Superman instead and put this on hold. And then WB wanted to put B v. S on hold so that Wolfgang Petersen can direct something else in '03. Throw McG's Superman into the mix, and you have these 3 movies (Batman, Superman, Batman v. Superman) all up in the air and waiting for production to start. Seems silly, doesn't it? Personally, I want to see Year One get made before the other 2.
Old 12-17-02, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Autotelik
Nothing much is going on, I gather. I checked upcomingmovies.com and it seems like production was originally intended to start in early '03. Then Warner Bros wanted to do Batman v. Superman instead and put this on hold. And then WB wanted to put B v. S on hold so that Wolfgang Petersen can direct something else in '03. Throw McG's Superman into the mix, and you have these 3 movies (Batman, Superman, Batman v. Superman) all up in the air and waiting for production to start. Seems silly, doesn't it? Personally, I want to see Year One get made before the other 2.
No if only the studio would agree with you.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.