DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Quoth Eminem: "I'm Batman!"? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/258023-quoth-eminem-im-batman.html)

Rogue588 12-16-02 06:59 PM

Quoth Eminem: "I'm Batman!"?

Found this on Moviehole.net by way of Zentertainment...

According to NW Magazine in Australia, Eminem is up for Batman, yes, but it's not 'Year One'. It's actually "Batman vs Superman" which Alan Horn recently confirmed is still on. Apparently the rappers success in "8 Mile" has made producers confident he'll be able to draw in the crowds for the resurrection of the "Batman" series.

"He's really excited about this chance", an insider told the magazine. "Batman was always his favourite superhero and he hopes that the deal will go through".
Please let this be another 'net rumour...Please let this be another 'net rumour...

Goat3001 12-16-02 07:26 PM

Hopefully he isn't, although I enjoyed Eminem in 8 Mile, I highly doubt he'll make a good Batman.

Jason 12-16-02 07:34 PM

Robin, maybe, but not Batman.

gmal2003 12-16-02 08:07 PM

yea his acting in 8 mile was great, but the next Batman should definitely be Brad Pitt. Or maybe the guy from Minority (not Tom Cruise) whose name currently escapes me.

Deftones 12-16-02 08:25 PM

Originally posted by gmal2003
yea his acting in 8 mile was great, but the next Batman should definitely be Brad Pitt. Or maybe the guy from Minority (not Tom Cruise) whose name currently escapes me.
Colin Farrel, who is playing Bullseye in the new DareDevil movie or Neal McDonough who plays DA McNorris on Boomtown?

CitizenKaneRBud 12-16-02 08:32 PM

This wouldn't work. I just can't see Eminem not playing a 'poor ghetto rapper.' Batman would require him to actually act.

lesterlong 12-16-02 08:49 PM

Considering Batman vs Superman is being spearheaded by Brett Ratner I'm not at all surprised. This movie is gonna be awful and it hasn't even been casted yet.

Crazy Aoshi 12-16-02 08:56 PM

People say that Eminem was good in 8 mile, but that's because he was playing himself (as the story, from what I hear on the glorious entertainment tonight is based on his life.)

I guess he'll have to prove himself as an actual actor, though I still won't see it, as I have been disappointed in all the Batman movies except the first one (only saw the first and second and parts of the others though).

Jackskeleton 12-16-02 09:10 PM

Ugh. how horrorible. he would make a terrible Batman

Tommy_Harn 12-16-02 09:58 PM

Well, I guess they are going in with the mindset that their version can't possibly be as bad as Schumacher's attempts.

Speaking of Year One, what is the latest on that project? Once I heard Darren Aronofsky was set to direct, I got excited. Since then, I've heard nothing.

Deftones 12-16-02 10:24 PM

Good god. This is the most horrible show business news I think I've ever heard, aside from Anna Nicole Smith getting her own show. If Eminem gets the part of Batman, I am boycotting Warner Brothers for ever. I will refuse to see any of their movies ever again.

Josh H 12-16-02 10:41 PM

I don't think he could do it, but I'd still see it and give him a chance.

I'm not one for bashing things before I see them, or in this case before it even occurs.

I have serious reservations about it, but I'll withhold any judgement until I see Eminem play this, or even any role other than himself.

SFranke 12-16-02 10:53 PM

Eminem would be horrible, but so would Brad Pitt. The guy weighs like 150 lbs. and is a bit less than 6 ft. He looks like he's muscular, but that's because he's around 6% body fat. He won't be kicking anybody's ass. Bruce Willis could do it if he was younger and wasn't 'Bruce Willis'. Same for Bruce Campbell, only replace 'Willis' with 'Campbell'.

LBPound 12-16-02 11:03 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17
Colin Farrel, who is playing Bullseye in the new DareDevil movie or Neal McDonough who plays DA McNorris on Boomtown?
I think more people know Neal McDonough as the pitcher from Disney's Angels in the Outfield. Okay, well they don't. :)

pro-bassoonist 12-16-02 11:36 PM

I am right up there with Deftones17....horrible.

So....what is he gonna be like....Yo, turn up the engine...we're off to the Cribb.......

we need to make sure Dr.Dre gets a part too!!!!!!!!

BizRodian 12-17-02 05:35 AM

This just in, Dom DeLuise is playing Spiderman in the next movie!

The Bus 12-17-02 08:57 AM

This piece of news makes even the baby Jesus cry.

PixyJunket 12-17-02 09:44 AM

Okay, seriously. The franchise is dead. It doesn't matter WHO plays Batman at this point.

Zodo 12-17-02 09:49 AM

Has anyone SEEN the last two Batman movies? I think 'good acting' is looked down upon if you want to star in a Batman movie these days.

I think Eminem could do it, but not with the blond hair. He'd need to bulk up some too.

Kal-El 12-17-02 10:33 AM

You have GOT to be kidding me. Um, heck no.

raKim 12-17-02 11:00 AM

just in from left field

now when we speak of an actor playing batman, the thing is he plays batman less than he actually plays Bruce Wayne, and one thing I can not see Eminem do, is play a Millionare playboy.
Am I right on this or way off, YBTJ.
Now Robin is something he could pull off a little better, but I for one do not want to see that, if he had to play a comic book persona, maybe he could be Scarecrow, but honestly I think Batman is a little much for him to tackle right now....

The Bus 12-17-02 11:33 AM

Re: just in from left field

Originally posted by raKim
now when we speak of an actor playing batman, the thing is he plays batman less than he actually plays Bruce Wayne, and one thing I can not see Eminem do, is play a Millionare playboy.

We just need to find someone who has experience being an incredibly wealthy, hedonistic young man who has millions at his hand.

Stoolie 12-17-02 03:03 PM

I don't get it. Batman vs. Superman? Don't they both fight for "Good"? Why would they be set against each other.

OT: Maybe Em could play Lex Luthor. Or the reporter from Superman. Or maybe the Robin idea is best. Robin could have come from the hood.

And it's rather silly to say that Eminem can't play anyone else but himself since he really hasn't tried that in a movie yet. Let's reserve judgment until the movie comes out. Oh wait, maybe it would be best to wait until the news is official. nah.

stoolie

Autotelik 12-17-02 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Tommy_Harn

Speaking of Year One, what is the latest on that project? Once I heard Darren Aronofsky was set to direct, I got excited. Since then, I've heard nothing.

Nothing much is going on, I gather. I checked upcomingmovies.com and it seems like production was originally intended to start in early '03. Then Warner Bros wanted to do Batman v. Superman instead and put this on hold. And then WB wanted to put B v. S on hold so that Wolfgang Petersen can direct something else in '03. Throw McG's Superman into the mix, and you have these 3 movies (Batman, Superman, Batman v. Superman) all up in the air and waiting for production to start. Seems silly, doesn't it? Personally, I want to see Year One get made before the other 2.

Iron_Giant 12-17-02 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Autotelik
Nothing much is going on, I gather. I checked upcomingmovies.com and it seems like production was originally intended to start in early '03. Then Warner Bros wanted to do Batman v. Superman instead and put this on hold. And then WB wanted to put B v. S on hold so that Wolfgang Petersen can direct something else in '03. Throw McG's Superman into the mix, and you have these 3 movies (Batman, Superman, Batman v. Superman) all up in the air and waiting for production to start. Seems silly, doesn't it? Personally, I want to see Year One get made before the other 2.
No if only the studio would agree with you.