DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Weekend actual b.o. totals announced: CLOSE!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/257991-weekend-actual-b-o-totals-announced-close.html)

Daytripper 12-16-02 03:40 PM

Weekend actual b.o. totals announced: CLOSE!!!

Is this a record? "Main in Manhattan" made $18,711,407. "Star Trek: Nemesis" did $18,513,305. With a difference of $198,102 (!!)

marty888 12-16-02 03:51 PM

Re: Weekend actual b.o. totals announced: CLOSE!!!

Originally posted by Daytripper
Is this a record? "Main in Manhattan" made $18,711,407. "Star Trek: Nemesis" did $18,513,305. With a difference of $198,102 (!!)

Bet the difference was in the Florida market, where people got confused at the multiplex....

Gioman 12-16-02 04:04 PM

Re: Weekend actual b.o. totals announced: CLOSE!!!

Originally posted by Daytripper
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's not fair!

My ticket said MAIN in Manhattan. I didn't think it was for MAID in Manhattan!

Damn, what they say about my hometown is true. :(

Dr. DVD 12-16-02 04:47 PM

A lot of old Trekkies thought they were going to see Nemesis and probably walked out feeling confused after going into Maid. (That would explain some of the negative reveiws!)

Josh H 12-16-02 05:07 PM

Guess there were a few more guys with girlfriends that got drug to Maid in Manhattan than there were single geeks that went to see Nemesis. ;) :D

clemente 12-16-02 06:50 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Guess there were a few more guys with girlfriends that got drug to Maid in Manhattan than there were single geeks that went to see Nemesis. ;) :D
This joke was funnier (and better told) in the previous BO thread.
:)

Numanoid 12-16-02 08:42 PM

Originally posted by clemente

:lol: BUSTED!!!

JaxComet 12-16-02 09:07 PM

The fact that Maid in Manhattan made $18,711,407 just boggles the mind.......

Jackskeleton 12-16-02 09:12 PM

OWNED!!!!111

Daytripper 12-16-02 10:07 PM

Originally posted by JaxComet
The fact that Maid in Manhattan made $18,711,407 just boggles the mind.......
Well, just wait until you see how much it makes by the end of it's run. Have the trash can ready.

evenflow 12-16-02 10:08 PM

rotfl

Josh H 12-16-02 10:42 PM

Must have missed that one. If there was a previous box office thread, doesn't that mean that this one should be closed?

Seantn 12-17-02 01:22 AM

Must have missed that one. If there was a previous box office thread, doesn't that mean that this one should be closed?
BUSTED!!!

BizRodian 12-17-02 05:40 AM

OWNED!!!!!!!!1

Iron Chef 12-17-02 07:37 AM

http://forums.stangnet.com/attachmen...postid=1993212

Groucho 12-17-02 07:59 AM

Jay Leno even told a variation of the joke last night.

Lastblade 12-17-02 08:42 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Jay Leno even told a variation of the joke last night.
Josh never claimed to be an original! :D

Josh H 12-17-02 03:33 PM

Come on guys. It was an obvious joke that any moron could have thought of.

Do you think I'm really going to steal a joke from one thread to repost it in another thread in the same forum? Or from Leno who I don't watch? What would be the motivation? To try to impress some internet film geeks? Give me a ****ing break. -rolleyes-

The Antipodean 12-17-02 04:58 PM

Geez, defensive much Josh? Who's "geekier," the geeks or the one who gets all freaked out about a little good-natured ribbing by the geeks? :rolleyes: indeed....

evenflow 12-17-02 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Come on guys. It was an obvious joke that any moron could have thought of.

Umm, sir, I think you just called yourself a moron...

Josh H 12-17-02 07:25 PM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
Geez, defensive much Josh? Who's "geekier," the geeks or the one who gets all freaked out about a little good-natured ribbing by the geeks? :rolleyes: indeed....
Whatever man. In my mind I'm the only normal, non geek that posts here. :D

Originally posted by evenflowddt
Umm, sir, I think you just called yourself a moron...
My point was that you guys were lame for being smart asses because I happened to come up with the same chessy, really not funny joke as another member that anyone could have made up.

Did I realize you guys were just being smartasses? Of course. But I still don't like taking crap, even in a joking matter, from people on the net that I by default consider myself to be better than.

I'm cocky, arrogant, don't take no crap, and hate people in general. Magnify that by 10 in cyberspace. :D

edit for clarity: now that would be "freaking out" and over reacting. My previous reply was just pointing out the absurdity of the comments, being in jest or not.