DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Hulk - director: Ang Lee / starring: Eric Bana (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/257954-hulk-director-ang-lee-starring-eric-bana.html)

Terrell 12-16-02 12:10 PM

Hulk - director: Ang Lee / starring: Eric Bana

http://www.thehulk.com/_images/hulk_flat.jpg

I think it looks damn good. No, this is not the CGI version, just an artist's rendering. I like how he looks, if this is in fact the final version, which I assume is the case considering this is a theater banner released by Universal.

Pic courtesy of superherohype.com!

The Antipodean 12-16-02 12:40 PM

Kind of hard to tell from that picture, but I'm intrigued.

Meatpants 12-16-02 03:13 PM

It's cool that the face kind of looks like Eric Bana, instead of just some random monster face.

Tyler_Durden 12-16-02 03:18 PM

:thumbsup:

Rogue588 12-16-02 03:20 PM

As long as he doesn't have a mullet, it's fine with me...;)

thejammy 12-16-02 03:37 PM

i am not sure if I am excited for this movie. Was there more than that one trailer with eric bana standing the bathroom?

Groucho 12-16-02 03:40 PM

"You wouldn't like me when I'm Ang Lee."

shanester 12-16-02 04:28 PM

I Think Ang Lee will give the character and story more "depth" then your typical american director would

I don't think he's prone to just add car chases and explosions for the sake off the story

Does Lou Ferringo make a cameo??..Anybody know??

shanester 12-16-02 04:30 PM

Is the original series with Bill Bixby also being released also in 2003??

Didn't I read that somewhere??

Dr. DVD 12-16-02 04:37 PM

Nice art work, but just a painting nonetheless. I want to see Hulk smashing a car or something!

slop101 12-16-02 05:08 PM

No purple pants?

Bah!!! Punny humans...

Goat3001 12-16-02 05:12 PM

Originally posted by thejammy
i am not sure if I am excited for this movie. Was there more than that one trailer with eric bana standing the bathroom?
Not that I know of.

I am excited however, I think its more because its coming off of Spiderman so we're all expecting it to be just as good or better. Also Ang Lee directing, and Eric Bana and Jennifer Connely, where can you go wrong? :)

Amadeus 12-16-02 05:14 PM

re: Hulk - director: Ang Lee / starring: Eric Bana

Originally posted by Terrell
http://www.thehulk.com/_images/hulk_flat.jpg

:up:

Jackskeleton 12-16-02 05:20 PM

Thread should be called "First Hulk drawing on Poster format"

a Picture misleads me to think I would actually see how the CGI looks for the movie's character. ;)

CitizenKaneRBud 12-16-02 05:39 PM

Ang Lee is one of the best and most important directors working today. I generally don't watch comic book movies but I will watch The Hulk because of Lee's involvement.

Terrell 12-16-02 05:50 PM

As long as he doesn't have a mullet, it's fine with me...
:lol:

clemente 12-16-02 06:49 PM

Originally posted by slop101
No purple pants?

Bah!!! Punny humans...

Those pants could almost pass for purple....they don't have to e 70's style annoying purple....cause who would wear those today (besides Deion Sanders?).

Looks good though, it's just a painting, but it at least lets up know what he's going to look like...and he looks good.

But that bad buzz during principle photography has me worried.

Eric F 12-16-02 09:21 PM

Ang Lee is one of the best and most important directors working today. I generally don't watch comic book movies but I will watch The Hulk because of Lee's involvement.
Did you not see Spider-Man? Because if you did you not only missed one of the best "comic book movies" but one of the best movies of the year.

Ghost World was pretty damn good too, and no superpowered geeks need apply here.

Terrell 12-16-02 10:27 PM

Did you not see Spider-Man? Because if you did you not only missed one of the best "comic book movies" but one of the best movies of the year.
Superman still reigns supreme.;)

Giantrobo 12-17-02 12:16 AM

Hmmm, if they wanted to really kick ass they would have HULK rampage naked.

Seriously. There's no way to "s'plain" the sudden growth of the man AND the pants.....but NOT his shirt and shoes :lol:

It could be running gag. Some people too scared to notice a huge naked beast...others noticing right away. ;) :lol:

OR

Even cooler would be HULK running around naked but it's simply a non issue. I would freak out not because he's nekkid...but because he's a HUGE FRIGGIN [Japanese accent]"MAHN-STAH"[/Japanese accent]

elias 12-17-02 06:50 AM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Hmmm, if they wanted to really kick ass they would have HULK rampage naked.
I read a long while back that this was what Ang Lee was going to do. His quotes were along the lines of the whole transformation into the Hulk being akin to birth, or rebirth and the symbolic nudity of the monster, a la a newborn babe and what-not. He also mentioned the logic of all the other clothes ripping off but not the pants. He spoke as if Hulk was going to be huge. Not like body builder huge but massive inhuman monster huge (no not Godzilla huge), I got the impression of a giant 10 - 12 foot tall creature that clothes wouldn't fit.

BizRodian 12-17-02 06:58 AM

That's why The Hulk is so angry, he gets all big, but his pants stay on, and they're TIGHT.

The Bus 12-17-02 08:55 AM

Looks like Hulk lacks "the bulk" if you know what I'm saying.

*snaps fingers*

Girl drop that hero and get with the zero.

Timber 12-17-02 11:29 AM

I think it would be cool if they didn't let any pictures of the Hulk out at all. You should have to go to the movie to see what the CGI looks like. Maybe it's just me but I want to be suprised when I go see it.

Giantrobo 12-17-02 05:29 PM

Joel "Franchise Killer" Shumacher called....

He said he liked Hulk's nipples. ;)