Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

would you go to a test screening just to give it bad reviews?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

would you go to a test screening just to give it bad reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you go to a test screening just to...

would you go to a test screening of a movie that had an actor/actress you dispised just to give it bad reviews?

just thought of this after seeing the trailer for 'maid in manhattan'. i totally would if it meant i could express how talent-less i think jennifer lopez is!
Old 12-03-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I was bored and had nothing else to do and someone to go with, yes.

Otherwise, not worth it.
Old 12-03-02, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why piss away energy on that? There are so many good movies to watch.

Anyway, if you're going to do a 'MST3K' you can do it from the comfort of home, no need to stress about parking, seats, passes, and all that crap.
Old 12-03-02, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

no, no i mean to just give neg. reviews of the actors' talent. in hopes of getting across the fact that they suck to promoters/execs/etc.! i know you'll all say that it wouldnt work but they do listen and one small voice can be persuasive (you vote dont you?) sure, most will prob. not pay any attention and the actor will still get roles b/c of demand from whoever but the negatives do start to pile up.

but what i was curious about was would you submit yourself to the crap experience considering it is an actor you hate?
Old 12-03-02, 09:33 PM
Banned

Yes.It probably doesn't make a difference anyway,but what the hell.
Old 12-03-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It's a free movie. You'll be surprised by them. I went to the test screening of Undercover Brother thinking I was going to hate it and ended up laughing my arse off at it.

It's a free movie so I say go.
Old 12-03-02, 11:59 PM
Banned

Always take advantage of the free stuff, because not too many things in life are free. Id go and try to enjoy it. Hey, at least your getting out of the house for awhile!! You could always walk into a different movie once your there.!
Old 12-04-02, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oddly enough, over two months ago I actually got 2 tickets to a test screening for "Maid In Manhattan"!

I decided not to go because I have no interest in seeing the movie whatsoever. If the movie is bad then there will be plenty of other people in the theater who will let the Research People know. After the movie they pass cards around the theater for everyone to fill out, including scenes you like or hate and actors and what you thought of their performance. I personally wouldn't waste my time going to a test screening for a movie I wasn't interested in.

But, I must admit, living in L.A. is great when it comes to test screenings. It's so easy to get tickets to them, I don't even bother going to the movies to pay anymore! So far, I would highly reccommend the movie "IDENTITY" which comes out next year. That kicks ass and the ending is just fantastic.
Old 12-04-02, 04:37 PM
Banned

It won't matter what you say about the movie, because my girlfriend's whole family went last Friday and they came home gushing about how great it was, even her Dad. They must be out of their F***ing minds!!!

What has happened to Wayne Wang anyway? We need a thread about that. He goes from Smoke and Center of the World to this pap. I could F***ing die!