Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Pat Morita Miyagi Blockbuster commercial

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 12-03-02, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in blockbuster today taking advantage of the B2G1F Sale and there was the scene from Karate Kid --

"Show me Wax on Wax off." then Pat Morita steps out of character talking about how we've seen this movie a 100 times a know all the dialog...etc and then it went into about buying titles from Blockbuster.

It was just shocking because of the way it was shot (grain, color etc) that it looked like they interrupted the movie (as though the commercial was shot in 1984)

Has anyone seen this?

SPY
Old 12-03-02, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i actually saw this on tv. it is a commercial advertising blockbuster payperview on directv. i think its great how they make the new part for the commercial and the movie scene go together seemlessly. i think i've also seen one with leslie neilsen doing the "don't call me shirly" scene from Airplane. great commercials.