Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Leon:The Professional trailer music?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone pull out their Leon disk and play the Leon trailer? Toward the end of the trailer, there is a piece of classical/opera music that I know is ridiculously famous, but I can't place it. Its reminiscent of O fortune (Carmina Burina) but I'm sure thats not it. Any help?

SPY
Old 11-18-02, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try soundtrack.net
Old 11-18-02, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I thought that it was the music from the Glory soundtrack. The part during the final attack when they make it into the fort.
Old 11-18-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yes, it's Charging Fort Wagner. I just finished watching Leon, and watched the trailer for the first time. I miss mid/early 90s style trailers for some reason. Now-a-days they all seem to be crap. I'm sure I'll think different in 10 years though :P
Old 11-18-02, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
Yes, it's Charging Fort Wagner. I just finished watching Leon, and watched the trailer for the first time. I miss mid/early 90s style trailers for some reason. Now-a-days they all seem to be crap. I'm sure I'll think different in 10 years though :P
meaning in 10 years you will be nostalgic?
Old 11-19-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you gentleman. That was really bothering me. Now I'm off to watch Glory again

SPY
Old 11-19-02, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BizRodian
I miss mid/early 90s style trailers for some reason. Now-a-days they all seem to be crap. I'm sure I'll think different in 10 years though :P
I totally agree about trailers now. Every action movie trailer is just some quiet rock beat and then...........BOom explosions, disturbed music starts blaring with some unitelligable lyrics. Then we see every frame of action in the movie and the hero passionatley making out with someone.
Old 11-19-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Leon's trailer has all the quick cutting too, but for some reason it's just better. Maybe part of it is the lack of some top 40 song which has nothing to do with the movie.