Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Hellraiser - Hellseeker(and other Hellraiser series thoughts)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done watching this movie and I have to say it's the best of the series (cept the first one of course) IMO.. it had some really nice cinematography, and it was not your typical monster flick.. the thing about this movie though, is this: I didnt even know it existed!

My friend and I had just finished talking about how there were only 4 Hell raisers, the first one, then hellbound (aka part 2), hellraiser 3 - hell on earth, and then the crappy ass future one, bloodlines.. then i found hellseeker, and just yesterday i find that there is another called inferno. and yet another called Deader coming out in 2004.. Have I really been out of the loop this long? This used to be one of my favorite series til bloodlines, and I've missed two of them already! (granted that they went STV, but still).. Do any of you guys catch yourself wondering where all the time went? I never had a problem keeping up with Nightmare on Elm street or Friday the 13th.. I did get lost with Halloween (how many are there now? 12?) and other series i just kinda forgot about (puppetmaster, candyman). And my friend said that whoever the producer for halloween movies is, he wants to make *22* of them.. This is getting silly i think

Still, I love these movies.. Discuss!
Old 11-11-02, 01:09 AM

I think i'm the only one that liked Bloodlines...i prefered it to the first one truthfully.
Old 11-11-02, 01:30 AM

Hellseeker is by far the worst of the series. It's basically a re-make of Inferno, only worse. Who's idea was it to turn the Hellraiser films into David Lynch style mindf**ks?
Old 11-11-02, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mourn
I think i'm the only one that liked Bloodlines...i prefered it to the first one truthfully.
Nope. Bloodlines is my favorite one and the only one i've seen more then once. I like Sci-fi so it could be the use of technology vs the supernatural is what I like about it.
Old 11-11-02, 01:22 PM

There are some aspects of bloodlines that I liked, but overall it was disappointing to me.. maybe it was the kid
Old 11-11-02, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The begining of the movie had potential, but then it got all super sci-fi on me. I dunno.

It was alright. Haven't seen them since I was in college which was like 4 or 5 years ago.
Old 11-11-02, 02:31 PM
Banned

The only two I have seen, and the only two I plan on seeing ever is Hellraiser and Hellbound. These are great movies, and I have the Tin, but I have desire to see anything after Hellbound. I might be missing out on something, but I'm not spending money to see them.
Old 11-11-02, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I too loved Bloodline!

I liked the period style shots at the beginning as well as the scifi shots throughout the film. very enjoyable! HR2 is my all time fave though.

I can't wait to see HellSeeker, I have no idea about plot or anything so I'm just going to watch it blind.

yeah, inferno was the worst, I wish they would uncomplicate the story line and just go for more inventive torture scenes and splatter shots.
Old 11-11-02, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
Re: Hellraiser - Hellseeker(and other Hellraiser series thoughts)

Originally posted by Toxygen
I just got done watching this movie and I have to say it's the best of the series (cept the first one of course) IMO.. it had some really nice cinematography, and it was not your typical monster flick.. the thing about this movie though, is this: I didnt even know it existed!

I pretty much felt the same way, I thought is was easily one of the best since part 2 anyway. You could tell that they were trying to make a decent film here. The acting was better than normal that alone made it pretty good.
Old 11-11-02, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stop at #3. I actually all the recent ones sight unseen (I believe the last three were straight to video) hoping they would get better. It was just the opposite. not even the return of Ashley Laurence could save Hellseeker from the dregs (she was barely in it anyway). The "is this real" stuff got tired really fast here. Time to bury this series.
Old 11-11-02, 11:18 PM

Well from the sort of reactions to Inferno it sounds like I may have to watch it
The basic reason you guys don't like it seems to be it's Lynch-like twisting and winding plot that makes little sense and it's anti-cannon-like drift from the others in the series, right? And if you think hellseeker was more of the same only worse, i'll probably end up liking it. we shall see though, i plan a trip to best buy one of these days and if it's there and on sale i may have to pick it up.
Old 11-12-02, 01:09 AM

Part of the reason why I like the Hellraiser films is Pinhead. Pinhead get's maybe 5 minutes of screen time in Hellseeker. Yawn.

Btw, that "return" of Chatterer was really exciting. He was on screen for almost 3 seconds!
Old 11-12-02, 01:25 AM

Yeah, pinhead is my fav. of all movie baddies, i just love his presence. That was my one complaint about hellseeker, but you get plenty of him in the other movies so I didn't mind. I'm thinking of getting the two-disk deal they have at BB with Hellseeker and (I think) bloodlines.. anyone know what versions they use for those movies? (or is there only one version)