Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

CROUCHING TIGER prequel...

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-05-02, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DARK HORIZONS announced:
The prequel will probably be based on part II (Precious Sword, Gold Hairpin) and part III (Sword Force, Pearl Shine) of the Iron-Crane Pentalogy. The title will like be Precious Sword, Gold Hairpin. In these two parts, young Li Mu Bai met and fell in love with Yu Shu Lien, who had already been engaged to Li's sworn brother Meng Si Zhao. Yes, there is a love triangle and it ended up as a tragedy, just like the original. Li Mu Bai's master Southern Crane, who has briefly mentioned in the original, played an important role in their relationships. It is still too early to tell whether Chow Yun-fat and Michelle Yeoh will return but one thing for sure - Zhang Ziyi will not be in. Ang Lee, however, is currently preparing the big budget comic book based HULK, which will be released in the summer of 2003.
Old 02-05-02, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well good. I wanted to beat Ziyi's character to death with any blunt object. That's how much she annoyed me. But Fat and Yeoh's characters were the best part of the whole movie. They had this very, very, very subtle chemistry that was just endearing.
Old 02-05-02, 08:07 PM
Suspended

If Ang Lee did it I think it would be interesting.
Old 02-06-02, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds very interesting. Hope this project pans out....
Old 12-04-02, 10:24 AM

Hi,

I watched Crouching Tiger for the first time in a while, and decided to come to the forum and look up some old threads in regards to the movie. I found this thread and then remembered that Ang Lee is making the Hulk (Correct me if I'm wrong).

So my question is: Is this movie still being made or is has it been put on the backburner?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Hulk is slated for June 20th 2003 release and is currently in post-production.

Originally posted by AXP 103
Hi,

I watched Crouching Tiger for the first time in a while, and decided to come to the forum and look up some old threads in regards to the movie. I found this thread and then remembered that Ang Lee is making the Hulk (Correct me if I'm wrong).

So my question is: Is this movie still being made or is has it been put on the backburner?

Thanks.
Old 12-04-02, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bah. I've definitely had enough of Yeoh's atrocious Mandarin. Bring on "Hero" instead!
Old 12-04-02, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, it actually sounds like it's gonna work
Old 12-04-02, 01:41 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
If Ang Lee did it I think it would be interesting.
Oh, I agree.. The last thing I would want is for a B-movie director to come in and make the prequel into an action brainless film.
Old 12-04-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
I really enjoyed Crouching Tiger, great story great action. I hope this one goes through as it'll make for a great prequal.