DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   When the Dust settles, If there are NO Weapons of MD, will the US plant some ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/390151-when-dust-settles-if-there-no-weapons-md-will-us-plant-some.html)

Venusian 03-18-03 08:54 AM

What if we find nothing in Iraq?

what if we find no chemical weapons, no torture chambers, no rape rooms? I'm not saying they aren't there, what if they are just destroyed before we get there? Do you think the U.S. govt would fake them? Do you think that if we do find them, some of the nay sayers would change their minds?

kvrdave 03-18-03 08:56 AM

What if we get to Mars and it is made of Cheese? :eek:

seriously, I don't think that is possible. No, I don't think we would fake them.

Venusian 03-18-03 08:57 AM

i think its very possible to not find any weapons. if he doesn't use them against our troops he has no use for them so he could have them destroyed as soon as an invasion starts

bfrank 03-18-03 08:59 AM

If they dont find stuff they will make it up.

They have to find stuff!

Y2K Falcon 03-18-03 09:00 AM

Re: What if we find nothing in Iraq?

Do you think the U.S. govt would fake them?
Nope.

Do you think that if we do find them, some of the nay sayers would change their minds?
Nope. Not most of the ones I know.

kvrdave 03-18-03 09:01 AM

Originally posted by bfrank

They have to find stuff!

And thus, the anti-war group already has it's next rally cry -ohbfrank-

DeputyDave 03-18-03 09:01 AM

Do I think we will fake them? Well, it worked for the moon landing -ohbfrank-

Brian Shannon 03-18-03 09:06 AM

Re: What if we find nothing in Iraq?

Originally posted by Venusian
what if we find no chemical weapons, no torture chambers, no rape rooms? I'm not saying they aren't there, what if they are just destroyed before we get there? Do you think the U.S. govt would fake them? Do you think that if we do find them, some of the nay sayers would change their minds?
You mean besides the special shells for chemical weapons and the illegal rockets?

al_bundy 03-18-03 09:26 AM

What of the reports that SH is moving chemical weapons to ready the defense of baghdad? And the torture chamber stories have been around for years. You can't wipe all evidence of it since too many people know where they are.

thejammy 03-18-03 09:30 AM

venusian I was thinking the same thing but you know what. Our intel has already said they are handing out chemical weapons to use on our troops when they try to invade Baghdad. I guess there is some main highway that our intel has said they will most likely use it there.

classicman2 03-18-03 09:31 AM

It doesn't matter. The principal thing has been accomplished. We and the Brits have added to our empire. :)

goop 03-18-03 09:31 AM

Originally posted by bfrank

They have to find stuff!

Yes, if they don’t find anything the evidence will be manufactured. He has already been caught manufacturing evidence, citing phony studies and so on. So yes they will find evidence.

Venusian 03-18-03 09:32 AM

He? who is he? what evidence has "he" manufactured?

DeputyDave 03-18-03 09:34 AM

There doesn't need to be any hard evidence. There are thousands of first hand accounts of the WMD's, ethnic cleansing, and human rights atrocities. More than enough to hold up in court.

DeputyDave 03-18-03 09:36 AM

Bush. goop thinks that Bush is evil and that he will stop at nothing to push is hidden agenda. It's called paranoia.

goop 03-18-03 09:38 AM

It is probably more accurate to call it grossly exaggerating the evidence. However, If you want an example of manufactured evidence it would be the phony IAEA report he cited stating Iraq could have Nuclear weapons in a year in the nationally televised speech he gave.

goop 03-18-03 09:41 AM

Originally posted by DeputyDave
Bush. goop thinks that Bush is evil and that he will stop at nothing to push is hidden agenda. It's called paranoia.

No, I don’t believe Bush is evil stupid perhaps, but not evil

DeputyDave 03-18-03 09:44 AM

Originally posted by goop
No, I don’t believe Bush is evil stupid perhaps, but not evil
At least he's smarter than Gore (OK, enough kindergarden stuff)

goop 03-18-03 09:47 AM

Originally posted by DeputyDave
At least he's smarter than Gore (OK, enough kindergarden stuff)
Wasn’t their something on 60 Minutes this Sunday saying Bush had the lowest IQ of any recent president?

classicman2 03-18-03 09:48 AM

What if?

Does anyone on this forum believe that Iraq doesn't have chemical and most probably biological weapons?

Even goop & bfrank have to admit that Iraq does possess those weapons. ;)

classicman2 03-18-03 09:50 AM

Originally posted by goop
Wasn’t their something on 60 Minutes this Sunday saying Bush had the lowest IQ of any recent president?
How do they know?

Has Bush taken an accredited IQ test? How many of the previous Presidents have taken such a test?

eXcentris 03-18-03 09:58 AM

Unless you know something the UN inspectors don't, I don't see how you could just happen to stumble upon a big pile of weapons and say "look! we told you so!".

BigPete 03-18-03 10:00 AM

On the opposite side of the picture, the French are now saying that should Saddam deploy a chemical or bilogical weapon against coalition forces, they may be willing to do a little dance for us.

France's ambassador to the United States, Jean-David Levitte, said Tuesday that his country might re-think its position on war with Iraq if Saddam were to use biological or chemical weapons against coalition forces.

"If Saddam Hussein were to use chemical and biological weapons, this would change the situation completely and immediately for the French government," Jean-David Levitte said.

classicman2 03-18-03 10:00 AM

Originally posted by eXcentris
Unless you know something the UN inspectors don't, I don't see how you could just happen to stumble upon a big pile of weapons and say "look! we told you so!".
I don't believe you would find it all that difficult to know something that the inspectors don't know. ;)

classicman2 03-18-03 10:02 AM

Originally posted by BigPete
On the opposite side of the picture, the French are now saying that should Saddam deploy a chemical or bilogical weapon against coalition forces, they may be willing to do a little dance for us.
The only thing that would change the French position is if the US and Great Britain allowed Saddam to stay in power.