DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   Crayon on Parade (Part V) - Waxing Nostalgic (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/330356-crayon-parade-part-v-waxing-nostalgic.html)

WhoGirl 08-26-03 02:06 AM

http://horrortalk.com/Images/Cray5.jpg

Here's Wild Strawberry with the adoption certificate and a drawing of a kitty! :)

BizRodian 08-26-03 02:11 AM

*GASP* no longer pointy!

DarkElf 08-26-03 02:12 AM

B&nbsp&nbspMichael&nbspCorleone&nbsp&nbsp+1.02&nbspContact
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+0.02&nbspSwing&nbspSkill
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+5.01&nbspSwing&nbspPower

:lol:

BizRodian 08-26-03 02:18 AM

Seriously guys, I'm totally jelous. If anyone wants to send me one of their crayon's when they're done, give me an email. :)

(Of course, if others don't like this idea... I understand... Preacher should probably just buy some MORE crayons :) )

WhoGirl 08-26-03 02:20 AM

Originally posted by DarkElf
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+0.02&nbspSwing&nbspSkill
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+5.01&nbspSwing&nbspPower

:lol:

You don't know your small reports well, do ya? ;)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+0.02&nbspSwing&nbspPower
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+5.01&nbspSwing&nbspSkill

:p

BizRodian said:
*GASP* no longer pointy!
Yes...I'm afraid I had to decapitate the crayon in the process of drawing. :(

DarkElf 08-26-03 02:24 AM

Originally posted by WhoGirl

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+0.02&nbspSwing&nbspPower
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp &nbsp+5.01&nbspSwing&nbspSkill

:lol: I even checked a report to make sure I got it right, and still transposed them. -ohbfrank-

And how did you get +5 skill and +1 contact? Wow, I can't ever get that kind of focus training in skill.

WhoGirl 08-26-03 02:56 AM

:lol: I even checked a report to make sure I got it right, and still transposed them. -ohbfrank-

And how did you get +5 skill and +1 contact? Wow, I can't ever get that kind of focus training in skill.

I benched him that day, so he was only using a "full-half pie." He probably gains that much because he sucks in swing skill and loses most of it.

RandyC 08-26-03 02:57 AM

NOOOOOO!!!! Please don't mix the smallball and crayons. Streams crossing. Cats and dogs. You know!

Lateralus 08-26-03 04:00 AM

http://horrortalk.com/Images/Cray5.jpg

Here's Wild Strawberry with the adoption certificate and a drawing of a kitty! :)

*screams like a little girl* People are using their crayons to draw!!!! *covers face with hands and sobs* :(

twikoff 08-26-03 06:48 AM

hgar78's "man" used her crayon to draw
whogirl posted a picture she drew with her crayon
hgar78's "man" has girl hands
coincidence??

I think not!!

have any of you ever see whogirl and hgar78's "man" in the same place at the same time?? -eek-

Lateralus 08-26-03 08:02 AM

Originally posted by twikoff
coincidence??

I think not!!

have any of you ever see whogirl and hgar78's "man" in the same place at the same time?? -eek-

Oh my! :eyebrow:

x-filesfan 08-26-03 10:45 AM

Screamin' Green in front of his favorite movie trilogy...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...ef3f0000001610

and meeting Mulder and Scully.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...af5f0000001610

edited to change pic host

x-filesfan 08-26-03 10:52 AM

Screamin' Green posing with the team's ex-mascot...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...ef2f0000001610

and at the mercy of my co-workers.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...6e060000001610

There was also an ugly incident involving the heinous substitution of Screamin's un-pointy American cousin. My reaction? "Ahhh! You gave my crayon a flat top!" I'm told my look was priceless... :)

-- Jenny

edited to change pic host

rabbit77 08-26-03 11:12 AM

Originally posted by pedagogue
rabbit77: Love the last pic.

"I'm crushing your head!"

-pedagogue

Thanks! It was a nice idea, but poor execution. I should have taken one without the flash. :)

Heat 08-26-03 11:50 AM

What is that from?

Lateralus 08-26-03 11:58 AM

Originally posted by Heat
What is that from?
rotfl

Smallball :)

Come and join in the fun!

BizRodian 08-26-03 12:18 PM

Crayola used to do seperate pastal and metalic colors, were they included in the pack of 96?

minifigg 08-26-03 12:24 PM

I have a metallic gold one.
BUT I would never, EVER use "Goldie" for writing so I can't tell you if he is a true mettalic!
mini

goLUCKY 08-26-03 12:34 PM

No drawing with the crayons!!!!!!! -eek-

Sockmonkey 08-26-03 12:40 PM

:(

Sad, sad day.

A small, light body bag arrived from the post office.
No crayon, just a tattered envelope, an adoption certificate, and a tiny speck of *sob* orange blood.

BizRodian 08-26-03 12:47 PM

Is there a list somewhere of who got what?

The imageadventures site only has like 40 listed, but a few pages back says the "last four" have been sent.

Preacher 08-26-03 12:56 PM

Originally posted by BizRodian
Is there a list somewhere of who got what?

The imageadventures site only has like 40 listed, but a few pages back says the "last four" have been sent.

I'm off back to work for now, but will hopefully have a list of all the ones that have been received, along with a few of the accidents that have happened. I'll post how many have been stated to have arrived tonite.

Abranut 08-26-03 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Preacher
I'm off back to work for now, but will hopefully have a list of all the ones that have been received, along with a few of the accidents that have happened. I'll post how many have been stated to have arrived tonite.
Sorry Preacher, totally spaced. I got home from vacation and Green-Yellow was waiting in my mailbox. Pics to come!

BizRodian 08-26-03 05:28 PM

Ok Precher, next time you're at Zellers, keep an eye out for new colors that Crayola didn't put in that 96 pack... that way I can get a crayon! :P :P

Did your 96 pack have Macaronni and Cheese color? when I was abotu ten, I remember that was like, one of crayola's brand new colors, and it kicked all sorts of ass.

twikoff 08-26-03 06:04 PM

you know.. if you had paid for delivery confirmation on all of them.. you would know which ones had arrived ;)

Trevor 08-26-03 06:28 PM

you know.. if you had paid for delivery confirmation on all of them.. you would know which ones had arrived ;)
Speaking of this, I hope that a bunch of us have paypaled Preacher a buck or two. He deserves it for sponsoring this fun.

Any news lately from the original ebay seller? Unless I missed a thread it seems like he just sort of stopped communicating and didn't answer a few emails that I was dying to hear answers on.

minifigg 08-26-03 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Sockmonkey

Sad, sad day.

A small, light body bag arrived from the post office.
No crayon, just a tattered envelope, an adoption certificate, and a tiny speck of *sob* orange blood.

:jawdrop:
mini

nevermind 08-26-03 06:42 PM

still no crayon :(

I think I will not look in the mailbox for a week, bills be damned:

This daily disappointment sucks.

Preacher 08-26-03 06:50 PM

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL116/...5/32563605.jpg

What is the name of your team?!?

The Drunk & Hurling Squirrels?
rotfl

fishdude 08-26-03 07:09 PM

In keeping with the Hooters "tradition" I invited G-Rod to tag along for my birthday last night.

He had a great time.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1yu1o/s...es/hooters.jpg

Many many more adventures to come

twikoff 08-26-03 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Trevor

Any news lately from the original ebay seller? Unless I missed a thread it seems like he just sort of stopped communicating and didn't answer a few emails that I was dying to hear answers on.

i think we decided he died :hscratch:

we probably gave him a heart attack!

Cusm 08-26-03 08:19 PM

Originally posted by fishdude
In keeping with the Hooters "tradition" I invited G-Rod to tag along for my birthday last night.

He had a great time.

You are suppose to have your crayon's picture taken with the Hooter's Girl that has the teeth the same color as your crayon. You need to try again. :)

Preacher 08-26-03 09:26 PM

So far there are 64 out the 100 who have posted to me or here that their crayons are in. Give or take a few. Better idea by the end of tomorrow. Anyone who has received and not posted anywhere let me know.

Thanks.

DarkElf 08-26-03 09:42 PM

Originally posted by nevermind
still no crayon :(

I think I will not look in the mailbox for a week, bills be damned:

This daily disappointment sucks.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but every day, I still RUN to the mailbox to see if Wisteria showed up.

And today...

WISTERIA ARRIVED!!!!!!! :D

Wisteria thinks I'm a dumbass though because I didn't know what color he was.

"A shade of purple, ya' stupid m*****f*****!" -ohbfrank-

(man, what a pottie mouth on Wisteria... :eek: )

ChemDoc 08-27-03 06:38 AM

Originally posted by fishdude

He had a great time.

There's a crayon in that picture? I don't see it. ;)

-doc

P. S. Patiently waiting for unnamed crayon #2 to arrive. Maybe today...

DarkElf 08-27-03 06:43 AM

Well, I have space set up on Yahoo to store pics, but you can't directly link from Yahoo, so I need a free place where I can store my crayon pics. I'd prefer my own space so that I don't have to keep sending someone files to upload for me. That'll get old for both of us. Suggestions?

Giantrobo 08-27-03 07:26 AM

Oh I get it.

It's like the Garden Gnome in Amelie....

Canis Firebrand 08-27-03 07:34 AM

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but every day, I still RUN to the mailbox to see if Wisteria showed up.

And today...

WISTERIA ARRIVED!!!!!!! :D

Wisteria thinks I'm a dumbass though because I didn't know what color he was.

"A shade of purple, ya' stupid m*****f*****!" -ohbfrank-

(man, what a pottie mouth on Wisteria... :eek: )

Just wait until he starts cussing you out in French. :lol:

Vertie said some choice words the day she arrived and my dog tried to smash her on the ground.

x-filesfan 08-27-03 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Preacher

What is the name of your team?!?

The Drunk & Hurling Squirrels?
rotfl

'Rocky' was won in a departmental drawing by my friend Mark. This was more than a little amusing because the prizes were displayed ahead of time and he had been making fun of it all day. It is a cheap ass lawn ornament.

I work on a web development team and the first year was a little rough. So whenever anyone was ready to go postal, they would tip the squirrel on its side to signify that they needed help and/or to warn everyone else.

One day the squirrel was tipped and fell off the top of the cubicle. Thus, Rocky was tragically beheaded. Mark made him a plaque. A quick trip to the dollar store later, 'Rocky II' became the new WebDev mascot. He looks pretty much the same, except he still has a body and a homemade ID tag to match what employees are required to wear.

That was the long story. Ready for the short story?

As Mark says, "Here in the Midwest, we like to mount squirrels."

;)

-- Jenny

hgar78 08-27-03 09:24 AM

coincidence??

I think not!!

:blush:

[Seinfeld]"(s)he's got two faces!!!"[Seinfeld]