DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   Amazon Coupons (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/271852-amazon-coupons.html)

Seeker 06-22-02 02:40 PM

Amazon Coupons

The following coupons are put together from reports by people in the forum. I am not verifying them other than through reports by DVDTalk members. If anything is new or invalid, let me know and I will update it here. I will also post any restrictions to using these codes in the Notes section, if you include such restrictions when reporting the coupon.

I will also post reported general coupons for Amazon's UK, Japan, France, Germany or Canada site.
Amazon ships internationally, so anyone can use any coupons, as long as you are willing to pay international shipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please report if any of these have expired.

<table border="1" bordercolor="black" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"><tr><td>COUPON</td><td>TYPE</td><td>EXPIRATION</td><td>Reported</td><td>By</td><td>Notes</tr><tr><td>UNITED STATES .com</td></tr><tr><td>MAPBANKATM35</td><td> $5 off $35 </td><td>02/22/03</td><td>11/22</td><td>jimbo</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>MAPAMEXCBLUE</td><td> $5 off $35 </td><td>03/31/03</td><td>12/31</td><td>hbubble</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>MAPAMEXCARDS</td><td> $10 off $75 </td><td>03/31/03</td><td>01/13</td><td>jasonp5</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>MAPAMEXDELTA</td><td> $5 off $35 </td><td>03/31/03</td><td>01/16</td><td>coreynyc</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>CANADA .ca</td></tr><tr><td>CANADASKY535</td><td>$5 off $35 </td><td>08/31/03</td><td>10/21</td><td>IvyS</td><td>New Customers Only? </td></tr><tr><td>MAPSHAWCABLE</td><td>$10 off $50 </td><td>03/14/03</td><td>02/11</td><td>de5parado</td><td></td></tr><tr><td>GERMANY .de</td></tr><tr><td>FRANCE .fr</td></tr><tr><td>2CANAPEDVDCD</td><td> 3 € off 30 € </td><td>04/04/03</td><td>12/28</td><td>Sam Carter</td><td>appears to be expired</td></tr><tr><td>JAPAN .jp</td></tr></table>

Note: On split shipments, Amazon can't seem to add very well. The shipped item has a charge, but the unshipped item will often have strange amounts attached. The bad news is that it looks awful. The good news is that it USUALLY corrects itself once the final item has shipped. Look at the "charge to the credit card" figure - that's the most important one. That said, here's a warning:

Warning:
Amazon has problems with some orders, and "order changes". For example, if you do something as simple as add a gift certificate to an EXISTING order, it will delete your promotional coupon that you used if the coupon has expired. There are other similar problems, such as with promo coupons and STL; just consider this "fair warning" if you need to alter an order significantly. That said, if you call and complain, they WILL usually fix the problem. 6/21, 8/20, 11/28 seeker

Amazon Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-201-7575

Free shipping in France for orders above 20 € 12/28 Sam Carter

Free Shipping for Canadian addresses at amazon.ca for purchases above $75.

Free Super Saver Shipping is available for purchases above $25..... 6/18, 8/25 tenjin <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/misc/super-saver-shipping.html/ref=gw_story_free/107-5161807-3353320">Amazon Details</a>
Note: Free shipping can apply to a $25 total purchase price BEFORE discounts. (i.e. the final price might be less than $25, and you can still get free shipping if original price was greater than $25)
Note: Free shipping does not apply to international orders. 10/19 AdrianW
Note: If you do a lot of preorders in an order and take advantage of any "ship all at once option" (which Super Saver Shipping is), it is very likely that Amazon will hold your ENTIRE order until the last item is released. This is not always true, but it is hard to predict whether Amazon will ship part of an order or not on its own.

The above coupons are considered promotional coupons and cannot be stacked with OTHER promotional coupons.
(i.e. a total of one promotional coupon/promotional GC may be used per order)
Format of Promotional GC: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

A promotional coupon CAN be used along with "share the love", "free shipping above $25", or "gold box item pricing".

Most coupons (and free shipping) trigger against the "original" total. So if you get $35 somehow, even if discounts (like STL) make it less, you can usually apply a $5 coupon. Your best bet? Give the coupon a try if you think you are close.

One PROMOTIONAL coupon can be used along with one or more regular gift certificate codes.

A promotional GC has 16 digits, a coupon has 12 digits, and a regular GC has 14.
There is no limit to how many regular GCs can be used on an order, but only one promo or coupon. 6/01 maliboo

Gift Certificates can be applied any time until an order enters "Shipping Soon" status.

Promotional Certificates can only be applied during checkout.
Share the Love must be applied to the item in the shopping cart when the item is added.
Share the Love credit is applied at checkout, once you redeem it.
Promotional % off coupons apply to the price BEFORE STL credit. 6/15 maliboo

Some people get a 10% off promotional coupon on their birthday from Amazon. Some don't. (I didn't...) But, if you want to take a shot at it, you can let Amazon know your birthday by going to "Your Store", then your "Wish List". You can enter your birthday there. Let Amazon know more about you, and you MAY get a 10% off coupon.... no guarantees. But it's probably worth a shot...

Borders Gift Cards may be used online at Amazon, but cannot be combined with ANY Amazon coupon or GC, period.

Want something cheap to complete an order? Try the "Book of Hope" for under 50 cents, or better yet, try the Dover Thrift Edition Books for $1 to $1.50 each - some good stuff there!

<b>Other Offers:</b>
<ul><li>Share The Love (STL) for an extra 10% off.
<a href="http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36">STL Discussion Area</a>
<a href="http://www.dvdtalk.com/stl/">DVDTalk's STL Request System</a>

<li>Sign up for AT&T Online Billing and get a $25 Amazon Promo GC. Must be an AT&T Residential Long Distance Service customer. <a href="http://www.consumer.att.com/tracking/fhpromo1/ ">Details</a> suomynona 09/18

<li>Sign up for AT&T Online Billing and get a $20 Amazon Promo GC. Must be an AT&T Residential Long Distance Service customer. <a href="http://www.att.com/pennies/">Details</a> maineiac 09/15

<li>Sign up for AT&T Online Billing and get a $15 Amazon Promo GC. Must be an AT&T Residential Long Distance Service customer. <a href="http://www.att.com/newmeo/">Details</a>

<li>TARGETVALUES - $5 off $50 coupon in Amazon Target Store
May work in other stores, but probably not for DVDs (report if you find otherwise!)</a> 11/07 Vision Society

<li>WNTRBABYSAVE - $10 off $99 coupon in Amazon Baby Store</a> expires 02/02/03

</ul>

EXPIRED COUPON CODES:
LNKSAVFFTEEN, LNKSAVTWNFVE, LNKSAVTHRFVE. MAPVEREWARDS, MAPMCEXCLUSV, MAPWNEVALLEY
VSAREWARDDSS, MAPAMEXSUNNY, MAPCAPVSACRD, MAPBURGERKNG, JUNSUMMERTHY, CHNKBKAMZNFT
DSCVRBACKSCH, TARGETPAYLSS, KRAFTGFCFFEE, SAVETENSSS43, AMZNSPRNGCLN, TARGETSAVESS
MAPTREMSAVER, MAPMCARDSAVE, MAPAMZNSBC35, MAPGR8STEAKS, SAVESAVESAVE, MAPDSCVERSHP
MAPNEWREWARD, MAPKEYAMZN35, MAPATTPLAN35, BUY2PS2GETEN, MAPMCEXCLUS2, MAPMYGMFUN35
MAPCLEANER35, CHNKBKAMZNLT, MAPPSUMMER35, MAPSERVERS35, MAPBABYTALK2, MAPDCARD3Q35
MAPFLEETSH35, MAPVALLEY535, MAPFLEETDM35, FALLBABYSAVE
MAPPCTBANK35
Canada:
CANADALAUNCH, CANADASMAG5T, CANADAPST535, CANADATFF535, CDNSANTADEAL, CANADAREWARD
CANADAEVENTS, CANADASTAMPS, CANADATELUSM
Germany:
DVDSETDVDSET, psk-studenten
Japan:
MVDDEC25XMAS, BKSDEC25XMAS

Seeker 06-22-02 02:42 PM

One major rule:

NO BEGGING!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giveaway Amazon coupons are welcome here. I'd encourage the "first to post gets it" format as opposed to the "here it is - lurker please grab it" format. After the coupon is given away, please each person DELETE your messages to keep this thread small and clean. Old, given away coupons don't need to linger. Ok?

On the same topic, if you feel I've adequately put your coupon information in this first message, please feel free to delete your message to keep the thread shorter. (or if you just made a comment that is "getting old"...)

FEEL FREE TO POST IN THIS THREAD, BUT ONCE THE NEW INFORMATION HAS BEEN INCORPORATED INTO THE MAIN MESSAGE (OR YOUR OFFER FOR A ONE TIME USE COUPON HAS BEEN CLAIMED), PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST...

I'm very aware that some of you disagree with the concept of deleting your posts. However, I ask, for THIS thread, that you make an exception and delete them anyway once they become "obsolete", if for no other reason than simple courtesy because I've asked you to do so.

To delete your post, hit the "edit" button in the upper right corner of your message, then check the "Delete" box on the edit screen (upper left of the message), then the "Delete Now" button (upper right of message)

Thanks for keeping this thread clean and informative.

(Your local DVDTalk Amazon coupon Janitor.... )

Thanks to everyone who has reported and provided coupons - without you, there would be no thread.

Qui-Gon John 02-04-03 07:16 AM

Well I finally went and orderded SIX FEET UNDER at Amazon.ca, used the $5 coupon code and that should make it about $56 USD, including shipping. Still waiting to find out exactly how much my cc was charged. This was weird though. I tried to use the CHANGE PAYMENT and re-enter the code there, (as the above bullets recommend) and it acted like I had already used the code and would not accept it, even though the order was not completed. And of course, at that point it had removed the code. I had to order with another email addr/account.

Anyway to have Amazon or Amazon.ca delete your account? If you send them an email requesting them to delete it, will they? Also, when do you know how much you are charged in USD?

RalphWiggum 02-05-03 09:32 AM

I can't get the $10 off $75 code to work. I'm trying to buy a digital camera, and it says that it is from J & R Music and Computer. Is this the reason I can't use the coupon? I have not used this coupon before.

Thanks

de5perado 02-11-03 12:26 AM

MAPSHAWCABLE

$10 off $50 at amazon.ca

expires march 14th

calhoun07 02-11-03 04:28 PM

Originally posted by de5perado
MAPSHAWCABLE

$10 off $50 at amazon.ca

expires march 14th

AWESOME! I just found my great deal for Angel season one! It gave me ten dollars off, so I am paying about $35.00 USD for Angel season one. God bless amazon.ca!

Seeker 02-11-03 04:41 PM

All information from posts prior to this one has been incorporated into the first post.

If you feel your message has been appropriately answered or incorporated, please delete it. Any older messages that are no longer pertinent should also be deleted.

Thanks for contributing your information! Without new information, this thread would not be of value.